Is it really diamonique? Surely they're real diamonds!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did I see trailer that shows a well-groomed chap holding an Eek box behind his back, presumably to spring it on his lady?

Frankly, if anyone proposed to me with an Eek ring, he'd exit with the box inserted in an interesting area.

Just remembered that I came across a woman with the AY ring on alongside lots of other rings, so she was obviously really into her jewellery. I blurted out that I had the same ring, from Qvc and her face just dropped!! All her colleagues stopped in their tracks and one said "qvc eh?". She had obviously told them a different story. I could have died!! I made a hasty retreat before she started beating me :eek:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

:eek: !!
Reminds me of a time I attended a wedding, I had an expensive suit and a coat on, but I bought this lovely hat from BHS. As it sometimes happens,there was another guest wearing the very same hat. I was not too bothered, in fact quite flattered that some one had found that hat attractive too. The other person took hers off as soon as the ceremony was over and later I found out from my friend how this woman usually brags that she will only shop from very select shops and never from the high street shops and so got caught out:mysmilie_458:

I am very selective when I buy Diamonique, they're always pieces from their Epiphany or rhodium plated range (I've always been disappointed when I've had just their silver pieces), a single stone of .75 ct or less and a multiple piece with a combined weight of up to 1.25 ct that way they look believable. Everyone knows I love my diamonds and buy good quality stones and because of that no one ever questions them and I don't tell, when they admire them I just smile enigmatically and say 'thank you' !

I never take my expensive jewellery on holiday as I'd be devestated if anything was lost or stolen, it's always Diamonique or IW's Platinum Dreams

I love a bit of "eek" and often wear it along with the real thing. Pick the right pieces with the smaller stones, platinum bonded and I doubt anyone could tell by just looking. But apart from occasional Eternal pieces, I've stopped buying Diamonique now as the quality has waned as well as becoming quite expensive.

I love a bit of "eek" and often wear it along with the real thing. Pick the right pieces with the smaller stones, platinum bonded and I doubt anyone could tell by just looking. But apart from occasional Eternal pieces, I've stopped buying Diamonique now as the quality has waned as well as becoming quite expensive.

I agree with you Frazzled.
The Epiphany range is definitely an improvement on the coarse silver offerings & the Eternal range is better again, except for the heavyweight rings.

i agree the platinum clad is far superior to the plain silver. i bought a beautiful necklace with heart stations all around with a tiny heart pendant set in diamonique stones really tiny ones. wore it for around 7 years just loved it. eventually the chain broke. bought it to my local jeweller who soldered the chain and gave it a good proffessional clean. i now have my fav chain back. i bought it in last clicks for a tenner best investment ever.

Just goes to show it's all down to personal choice, I'd rather have silver to the eternal range. I have epiphany eek and silver eek and I'd be hard pressed to tell you which was which just by looking at them.

I love silver though so I am biased. Am wearing a beautiful bamboo inspired solid silver bangle today that I inherited. Made in 1966. Yes it needs regular cleaning but it's gorgeous. Managed to get an epiphany (I think) bamboo ring from La Q to match in with it. Really interests me that 60 years later I can buy a piece in the same style. Sorry toddled off track a bit there.

I've got an eek solitaire with about a 4 or 5mm stone in 14ct gold, had it for about 7 or 8 years, that I wear almost all the time as an engagement ring alongside my 18ct gold band, I asked for it for Chrimbo one year (this it may have been a TSV if memory serves) as my original engagement ring got a bit scratchy. It looks absolutely and completely real.

I also have a 14k yellow gold Eek solitaire (1 ct) ring from about eight years ago and always wear it on holiday as I would be devastated if anything happened to my real engagement ring.
Last year I was in the jewellers in Hatton Garden where we bought my real ring as the claws needed checking/replacing. I asked them if they could slightly stretch my Eek ring, which I was wearing instead and has always been a little tight, and the Manager (ex of Graff) said he was impressed with it and it was a very good copy. The assistant manager said she always does the same and swaps her real diamonds for fakes on holiday and here was me thinking they would look down on my Eek ring! Mind you, I can only begin to imagine what her real diamonds must be like!

I've only got one piece of eek, the Ali Young ring - and I love it, though there's no way anyone would believe I'd had enough money to buy that ring if it was real diamonds! But it's a great little piece, comfy to wear and blingy enough without being over the top. I got it before it went up in price as well. I keep thinking I'll buy more, but I really only like the Tova stuff and it's a little too expensive for me at the moment even though I'm back in more or less full time work.

I've only got one piece of eek, the Ali Young ring - and I love it, though there's no way anyone would believe I'd had enough money to buy that ring if it was real diamonds! But it's a great little piece, comfy to wear and blingy enough without being over the top. I got it before it went up in price as well. I keep thinking I'll buy more, but I really only like the Tova stuff and it's a little too expensive for me at the moment even though I'm back in more or less full time work.

I have that ring and I like the Tova range too! Most of what's on there now thought is a bit ott, I like her art deco and vintage looking pieces. Hope she does some new pieces when she's back on her feet.

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I've bought quite a bit of Diamonique over the years and in general it's pretty good. The only thing I do find is that it picks up grease and needs reular cleaning whereas real diamonds don't go cloudy ever. Diamonique always cleans up really sparkling again though.
It also seems to vary in sparkliness too, some large stones are really bright but some look quite dull. Stick to small is very much the best advice:wave:

ps. I've also got Moissanite and that rarely needs cleaning, stays much sparklier than Diamonique

I love it for earrings as I'm hopeless, always losing them.
You can get the lever backs too which I've never seen on diamond ones.

I have a very expensive pair of diamond studs that my husband gave me. It was lovely of him but I was mortified at the thought of losing them so immediately bought the nearest eek pair I could find & wear them while the real ones languish in a drawer (he's never sussed). A waste really but I'd be on edge all the time I was out in them.

I love it for earrings as I'm hopeless, always losing them.
You can get the lever backs too which I've never seen on diamond ones.

I have a very expensive pair of diamond studs that my husband gave me. It was lovely of him but I was mortified at the thought of losing them so immediately bought the nearest eek pair I could find & wear them while the real ones languish in a drawer (he's never sussed). A waste really but I'd be on edge all the time I was out in them.

My friend in work got a pair of real 1ct diamond earrings and wore them out, and noticed she"d lost one. Never told
her husband and searched and searched for them for couple of weeks and found it on the floor, i"d told her
to buy a pair of eek ones as an alternative. She still hasn"t got them insured :taphead:

I own a couple of pieces and wear them next to my real stuff but I think the colour of the gold gives the game away, on one of my eek rings the gold is far too yellow and I think things look too fake if they are to big so I haven't gone over 1 carat, I love wearing them but wouldn't pay over £30 a piece.

Is Diamonique cubic zirconia? I bought a friend of mine a Diamonique Tova bracelet and she loves it. It did look very sparkly!

I am lucky enough to own just one real diamond- my 0.82 solitaire which my husband got in Tiffany in New York when it was an exchange rate of 2 dollars to the pound. It never leaves my finger and it does get a film on the underside of the stone caused by skin, handcream, soap etc. I clean it regularly with a baby toothbrush and fairy liquid as I was advised in the store, although if I am ever near a tiffany store they will steam clean it for free. When I was pregnant and my fingers really puffed up I bought an epiphany 2 stone swirl style eek ring. Now the setting is the usual scooped out silver but I swear when compared alongside my real one you really cannot tell the difference with the naked eye. I clean it in exactly the same way as my real diamond. I wore the eek ring when my son was born and had it sized down after and still wear it on my right hand. It cost very little but now my 2 eek stones in that ring represent each of my 2 children. It holds so much sentimental value to me that it matters very little that it cost so little. I would have felt exactly the same if my engagement ring was eek too, sentimental value is worth so much more. Because the size of my eek stones in the ring are similar in size to my engagement ring I have been asked about it but I always tell the truth and say they are not real. They only asked because they know my engagement ring is the real thing so wonder if my swirl ring is too!

I have ordered the Alison Young ring on easy pay, as I have always admired it. I have one pair if pear cut drop lever back earings which I hardly ever wear and an Ascher cut pendant solitaire that was only 12 quid in last clicks. I also have a couple of eternal stainless steel bracelets which I wear with my watch almost daily. Hardly the largest of collections but I really love it, and diamoneek is a deserving success story.

Latest posts

Back