Is it just me...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When it comes to both guests and presenters, we'll all have those we can't watch and those we really like.

Personally, I have no problem with either Kim or Lulu Guinness. I think they both embody their brands.

I think Kim's style of speaking probably developed from her initial nerves and has become her trademark.

What I like about Kim is that you get focus. She doesn't indulge in tweeting, inside jokes with presenters, sharing personal information. She is rock solid on her product knowledge - from item numbers to measurements, to fabric composition, to colour choices. She doesn't even get fazed when QVC start messing with her colour names. She really doesn't need a QVC presenter to assist her (except to allow her to draw breath from her breathless delivery).

Lulu G also doesn't pander to presenters desire to share inside jokes, going on twiter etc. She comes across as a quirky lady with the confidence to stick to her guns when it comes to her personal style.

I'd say - I wish more guests were willing to not "play the game" with the likes of Jill Franks (who just loves an inside joke), or Debbie with the constant tweeting references.

But I'm sure there wil be people on my unwatchable list that you may love to see on your screen and spend an hour with.
There must be over 20 presenters on QVC so why do we have to put up with Jill Franks all the time, she drives me mad.

or should Kim Mendelson and Lulu Guinness NEVER present their own products?! Kim sounds like someone taking the mick out of a cheesy American shopping channel and Lulu is so up herself! I can't bare to watch her, she's so abrasive.

Is it just me?!

Sorry - teron -forgot to say... :mysmilie_357: hope you enjoy posting here :mysmilie_482:

There must be over 20 presenters on QVC so why do we have to put up with Jill Franks all the time, she drives me mad.

Because as I said before. She is willing to fill in when someone is on holiday or ill, if you were a company you would love someone like that. Needed at the drop of hat, no problem for JF there in half an hour and knows the products on the show. As she uses them personally and loves them

I'll admit, Kim is in irritation, HOWEVER there is no one to beat her on her product knowledge - presenters included. She can reel off product numbers without a moments hesitation on garments that aren't on screen, and yes she does speak as though on autopilot without drawing breath- perhaps she's the model for the 'Humans' serial currently on the box !!

Lulu ? I could just give her a slap !

When I first started watching Kim, I used to really cringe or even switch over! Now she's bearable and certainly passionate about her clothes. Lulu is just funny at times, not to be taken too serious :mysmilie_14:

I never have liked the LG bags, but even if I did I wouldn't watch LG...her little twee voice would do my head in, as for Kim M I seldom watch her shows, she is way too hyper for me and seem to get worse every visit. I do think her clothes are well made... but a little on the garish/ flowery side for me, plus imo they are rather expensive for poly/elastane...

I think the Q make some serious mistakes letting their brand ambassadors speak their own opinions on their promos.

lulu G: 'and best of all, you get ME!'

Isaac Misrahi: 'the most important thing is inspiration!'

Good grief! Who lets such drivel onto our screens. Lulu G's promo used to irritate me so much that i swore i would never buy anything that would put money in the pocket of such an ego. Isaac's promo still leaves me speechless. Only some fat cat NY alternate universe fashion designer could convince themselves that inspiration is more important than all the other things necessary for life.

Rant over.
And i would like to point out that my indignant principles are twaddle, because i have actually bought a lulu g bag which is the best i have ever owned. :mysmilie_507:

Judging by whats happening lately, we are lucky if any of the vendors/designers bother to turn up !!! Most of them are missing when their shows are on, and we are left listening to the same spiel different brand by the likes of Carla Laszlo, Leslie Tibbets et al. Yes, it happened very occasionally in the past, but the 'fill-in' ambassadors are now on screen more than the regular Q presenters !!! Whats going on ???

I like Lulu Guinness - I don't think she takes herself too seriously when she's on QVC and I love the way she looks down her nose at Jill Franks.

CC

Crinkly is Isaac M the guy who says "LUGzury" far too many times in his promo? Cos I find that irritating beyond reasonable levels for a fairly innocuous word!

Crinkly is Isaac M the guy who says "LUGzury" far too many times in his promo? Cos I find that irritating beyond reasonable levels for a fairly innocuous word!

Aaaargh god, I cannot watch that promo! So, so annoying.

Lulu G is certainly a bit eccentric but I don't really mind her. It does annoy me that she doesn't know some of her own products and hasn't seen them, even if she hasn't designed specific things it seems a bit unprofessional to never have even set eyes on them before presenting them. Her bags really are stunning, though.

I've never watched a Kim show, I've never seen more than about 20 seconds of her. Her voice is utterly unbearable and her general manner of speaking bizarre, I can't listen to her at all. Sorry Kim.

Yup.

Unbearable, isnt it? LUGzureee indeed.

But his brand ambassador is even worse! 50s, flamboyant, camp and soooo affected.
(I could cope with all of that, except for the way he seems to just want to be on camera. The sales role is secondary to hogging the limelight.)

Because as I said before. She is willing to fill in when someone is on holiday or ill, if you were a company you would love someone like that. Needed at the drop of hat, no problem for JF there in half an hour and knows the products on the show. As she uses them personally and loves them

Do you work for QVC then?

Dont watch either of them however the Lulu G advert annoys the hell out of me , She barks on about "we get her" yet most of then time its her side kick doing the shows, If you expecting customers to pay £250 + on bag at least bother to show up for the shows!.

Just worked out how to find this post again! :giggle: Thanks for the welcomes!
I have to agree that Kim knows her products inside out but it's not much use if I have to put my hands over my ears when she talks! :p
I definitely don't think Lulu does, she seems like she turns up on occasion and hasn't got a clue what they're even selling. And the "you get me!" promo. OMGGGG.
I could quite happily slap her - how obnoxious!

Do you work for QVC then?

Well since I live in Belfast highly unlikely.:mysmilie_19:

But I do know how companies work. You jump in willing to cover for someone off, you get the extra hours first in the queue if they come up again. Or perhaps the others presenters just do not want the extra hours. Jilly Halliday only does evenings now no doubt because she has family, Kathy only does mornings same reason.

Well since I live in Belfast highly unlikely.:mysmilie_19:

But I do know how companies work. You jump in willing to cover for someone off, you get the extra hours first in the queue if they come up again. Or perhaps the others presenters just do not want the extra hours. Jilly Halliday only does evenings now no doubt because she has family, Kathy only does mornings same reason.

Yes - I agree with you that there is a direct relationship between life status and hours worked at QVC.

We will therefore inevitably see more of those women presenters who either do not have children, or whose children have all flown the nest. Even for the men it seems to be the case: we see less of Dale, Charlie and Simon than we do of Miceal, Craig, Richard Jackson, or Will.

I'm very grateful for this in the case of Sara Griffiths...

Kim and Lulu G are characters - and that's refreshing.

As Brissles said, Kim knows her stuff - and keeps the presenters on track talking about the products rather than themselves. She also doesn't talk about her private life either which is great.

As to Lulu G, she's eccentric and I think she's fun to watch - she also keeps the presenters on their toes.

I love them both.

Agree with you! Enjoy watching Lulu G, with her no messing and passion for her products! How can you fault her, love her designs too :mysmilie_12:

Latest posts

Back