Is anyone interested in winter fashion day?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I never watch QVC any more, I just get my information from this forum and check out the website :up2:
Life is short, after all.

I seem to watch less and less these days

Checked the epg this morning saw who was on and given it a miss again today

Sounds like i haven't missed anything, apart from a laugh!

I have been really good today and not watched once !, my protest against Mr Basso !!!....however I thought Harald would be on and am very disappointed :sad:

Me too Scampdog. I can't believe they've dragged that monster back so soon. They must know how we feel about him on this forum and it feels as if they're just putting two fingers up to us.

lots of sellout on the cannise show though even that dreadfull scarf.
i am afraid to say that some of qvc customers have a lot more pence than sense.
and those cardigans for nearly £180 i bought a similar brown one from m&s for£15 made partly from merino wool.
qvc will continue to sell this stuff if people will buy it its business!:cash:

I saw the tail-end of the Cannise show. Not a label that I am familar with, tho' I suppose it must be good quality judging by the prices. At least it was something different? The guest was just sat there like a lemon - probably couldn't get a word in edge-ways between daft Claire and silly Glen :thinking2:

I think the trades description people would have something to say about qvc's definition of the word "fashion". The few things i saw yesterday were over priced and frumpy certainly not fashionable.
I was in Wallis the other day and i spent a lot less than qvc are asking for some lovely well cut clothes.
The only designer i like on qvc is Tianna B but she's hardly ever on and again very expensive. Although the reviews on the website aren't great.
the highstreet wins every time for me. I can try clothes on and see if they fit and choose from a huge variety of styles and colours. If you watch qvc for too long you begin to think the only colours that exist are black, winter white, ruby red, chocolate brown, teale and of course the obligatory animal print.

I never watch QVC any more, I just get my information from this forum and check out the website :up2:
Life is short, after all.

Me too, Pick-a-Lily. I think FMs are a savvy bunch and I buy items that people here have previously recommended. :clapping:

OK, confession time...I bought a £100 cardigan in the first Canisse show, and I've worn it constantly. The shape is superb, and not like anything I've seen in shops for under £300. I like Canisse's neutral colours; much as I love M&S, the shop is a sea of bright colour combinations and I have limited use for that. I was really pleased to see Canisse back, and I might have gone for the long cardigan if not for the inclusion of mohair. (I just can't wear wool of any kind.)

OK, confession time...I bought a £100 cardigan in the first Canisse show, and I've worn it constantly. The shape is superb, and not like anything I've seen in shops for under £300. I like Canisse's neutral colours; much as I love M&S, the shop is a sea of bright colour combinations and I have limited use for that. I was really pleased to see Canisse back, and I might have gone for the long cardigan if not for the inclusion of mohair. (I just can't wear wool of any kind.)

That's interesting AllthatGlitters, I think the problem with QVC is that so much of the stuff is over priced tat it's hard to work out what is good quality and worth the money. I know we can send it back but it's such a costly faff. I have given up with their fashion as I don't feel I can rely on them to sell good quality consistently. I am glad you like your cardigan and that it was a good buy. I know what you mean about wool, the very thought makes me itch!

It doesn't look like it's over yet. Next weekend seems to be super-saturated with Kim and Co. More expensive tat, especially when coupled with the exorbitant P&P that QVC whack on top. £100 for a cheap top and trousers? No chance. I didn't like the Cannisse, but at least I feel £100 in that range would have been better spent! She makes so much of it, I'm sure prices are inflated. I'm sure lots of people would buy sets if it was cheaper.

I was watching this morning and felt a bit sad that I can't afford a new winter coat. Popped in to charity shop this afternoon & got an excellent condition french connection coat with fur collar in good condition for £6! Who needs ya Basso!

I was watching this morning and felt a bit sad that I can't afford a new winter coat. Popped in to charity shop this afternoon & got an excellent condition french connection coat with fur collar in good condition for £6! Who needs ya Basso!

Good for you Murgatroyd !, everyone must be feeling the pinch I read that Joan Collins is now shopping at "PRIMARK" as she cant justify designer prices at the moment, I cant wait to bump into her :rock:

I have a mega size Asda 5 mins from my house and although I've said it before I'll say it again, they sell things that look like high end fashion compared to the limp rags QVC flogs. Got my sis some PJs for her bday and she was thrilled with them, we are both on an economy drive re pressies and set each other £10 challenges for gifts. Don't think this would work with QVC, nowt much under £15 in any department, let alone fashion (keep typing "Fashion" and want to burst into David Bowie song, think I need a cup of tea!)

I'm a charity shopoholic and the only time I go into real shops apart from Primark and Matalan is when I have vouchers or during sale time. Well done on your find.

An excellent find. French connection is much nicer than Basso.
I've found some brilliant bargains in charity shops and all of it nicer than the so called fashion on qvc.

Latest posts

Back