Introductory Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
I've noticed lately that presenters are using introductory prices more and more as a hard sell. I often hear them say that you should buy now because we just don't know if the introductory price will be available next time the product is aired. Please correct me if I'm mistaken but I thought that they always said 'last showing at introductory price' when that's the case. Time for some retraining for sloppy presenters methinks.

I've noticed that too, Bea. They don't mention that the Introductory Price / QVC Price are moveable feasts and can change quite dramatically from one airing to another.

I also get irritated by the OTO's, where "we guarantee the price will never be this low ever again". Except when it is, maybe next week! Or when the item moves smoothly from IP to Last Clicks in one easy leap of commercial failure...

Just another QVC marketing gimmick to get us to part with our money.

In the early days they'd always go on about the introductory price lasting for 12 airings. At times they'd even let you know when it was near the end of that time frame. Now they just hope you're naive enough not to realise that when the item gets to its final introductory price showing that they will tell you and use that as the reason why you must jump to the phones and buy it now.

The worst thing is the introductory price is usually poor value anyway compared to what you can find elsewhere. I always look at it as the introductory price is the normal price and their normal price is a complete rip off and their way of making even more profit. The same goes for their super bargain prices too. Bargain for who exactly? Certainly not us as I can 99% of the time find it cheaper elsewhere and that's before the P&P *END RANT*

Babe Rainbow xx

IP generally works out as free p+p when you look at the figures so not a bargain by any stretch of the imagination with their exortionet p+p prices these days.

And an introductory price doesn't mean diddly squat, they still go up and can still be listed as introductory priced!

Latest posts

Back