Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Instyler Rotating Styling System with Ceramic Tourmaline Floating Plates

QVC Price: £114.00

One Time Only Price : £39.96

P&P: £4.95
400572.jpg
http://www.qvcuk.com/Instyler-Rotat...400572.html?cm_sp=[Ljava.lang.String;@bb40bb4

I feel so sorry for anyone who bought this at full price. If they can sell it this cheaply, comparatively, it makes you think they must have been making a huge profit on it at the higher price.

I feel so sorry for anyone who bought this at full price. If they can sell it this cheaply, comparatively, it makes you think they must have been making a huge profit on it at the higher price.

Very true but its a great saving for a OTO for once!!! lol

The price for this model plummeted after they launched the version with the smaller barrel. My hair's too fine for this in either size, my hair just slipped through whether I tried a small or thicker lock of hair.

would it work on hair thats ten inches long and quite thick. good price worth a try

I definitely do not get on with rotating products, I just get into a tangled mess.

I tried this and returned it. Taking a lock of hair the brush didn't grip it against the heated roller bit (I do have slippery hair iykwim) but if I used a larger section the outer locks didn't get heated enough to curl but if I held it for longer the hair up against the roller was starting to singe.

I was proficient with the big rotating brush (without heat) they sold on QVC and infomercials about 10 years ago ( I even bought a spare on ebay incase the first one broke), so when the Babyliss Big Hair come out I was overjoyed and still use it whenever I blow dry and you can pick up one of these for roughly the OTO price.

(Actually I bought a Rowenta* version of the Babyliss first from Amazon because my hair was shorter then and it has two interchangable brush sizes and then the Babyliss came out which is less heavy and slightly smaller, I'd recommend the Rowenta one if your hair is a shorter bob length. It also seems slightly gentler than the babyliss but is a huge gadget so not travel-friendly. Not sure of it's still available but it arrived from a German seller in 2 days, he even included a plug adapter as I'm in the UK....not QVC's sort or service at all!)

* not available from the amazon seller but maybe google the product ref if interested http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001FA07ZC/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

On air now!!! 4x easy pays of £9.99 , on advanced orders 18/11/2013

Apparently, it's new today. When you click on the link in this thread today, the QVC price is £80.00; last time I clicked on the link, the QVC price was £114.00. Not good, QVC. Supermarkets have to adhere to strict selling guidelines, when claiming items are reduced by, for example, less than half; I'm sure tv selling is governed by the same rules. The Q is contravening the trades descriptions act, or something I'm sure. At the very least, it is misleading.

If they've reduced the QVC price from £114 to £80 I'm not sure they've done anything wrong (they sometimes increase the Q price so a OTO or IP looks better). The OTO or IP on new items isn't strictly speaking a like an end of season "sale" and they get around it by pointing to the price it will be sometime in the future. The fact the there'll be a finite number of units to be sold at the OTO price and it may never resurface is just one of those QVC things.

Q can't always control the nonsense spouted by the presenters but I bet their legal team has been all over the consumer protection legislation when they develop new pricing policies. (unless it's like the Q web team...run by Alison Young!).

More annoying is the fact they relaunch a product under a new item number so they can "lose" any negative reviews previously left

I've ordered on advance order, I've wanted to try something from Instyler for ages but it was prohibitively expensive. It can always go back if it's rubbish.

More annoying is the fact they relaunch a product under a new item number so they can "lose" any negative reviews previously left

That is a disgrace, I don't know how they get away with it. Have they done that with this item too?

Latest posts

Back