instant results?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn't go as far as to say instant results, but I saw a very quick improvement in my skin using Emma Hardie products. I used to be a real beauty junkie but am more sensible these days, it is fair to say I have tried many brands over the years to the detriment of my skin. I have been using Emma Hardie skincare every day since 29 February, and love using it. I have the foaming moringa face wash in the showerin the morning and use the Moringa balm with the cloth to cleanse at night. I am a big fan of the eye serum which I repeat purchase. I am using the lighter lotion with the serum underneath and the night cream as these were in the TSV she does, but when they run out I will be going back to the am/pm cream which I also re-purchase. I have a one year old and a two and a half year old, I get very little sleep and what I do get is often disturbed. I have a long commute, a busy stressful complicated job and I ofter " forget" to eat properly. Exercise? Let's not go there. I confess to liking wine perhaps a bit too much. My pampering skin care is my real treat. My skin should look really cruddy but it doesn't. In the last couple of weeks, about 6 people who I don't see very often have commented in a surprised way, how "well" I look. Their remarks are consistent - always the same word- " well". On top of all that I was really ill and an ambulance was called (I am better now) and we are just coming out of a family bereavement so I really haven't felt and should not look " well". Dare I say it may be my skincare? I use only a bit of slap so I can't see what else it can be!!!
Weathergirl, thank you for sharing and wish you all well.
Is it true about am/pm moisturiser that the bottle not working sometimes? I had a 15 ml pot sample and love it but do not dare to buy it in the bottle that stops working.

Don't you just hate that? Decleor, Gatineau and Elemis are the most annoying with their exaggerated claims.
I suppose you could argue that if you had really dry/dehydrated skin then of course applying moisturiser/serums or something makes it look better, less dull and will now look moisturised again so your lines could look less wrinkly, maybe? Naturally it will feel better too if you moisturise parched skin, but in terms of real anti-ageing then I have to say nothing has genuine instant results!
I was going to say the same, dry skin looks and feels good when moisturiser is applied, baby lotion will be just as good for that.
One thing that QVC really irritates me is when the hair product guests intentionally ruffle up the models hair, actually even back combing their hair into a mess as the before shots, and then, blow drying and styling them as any hair dresser would and claiming that it was their products that have achieved the amazing results. I get angry that they dare think that we are such gullible nincompoops:headbang:

I've been using all sorts of skincare from all types of ranges since I was 11 and my nan gave me a pot of Pond's Cold Cream and a tin of Vaseline. I still use the Vaseline on my eyes and lips every night an no one I've met can believe I'm knocking on 50. Hair dye also helps this illusion ;-)

I have, however, recently noticed that I'm developing jowls and a tiny bit of slackening under my chin - a dead age give-away! So, having tried loads of neck creams over the years and sadly realizing they don't live up to their hype, I started to keep an eye open for something that may give a "temporary" result for a wedding I had coming up (damn photos!). I'd seen Sarah Chapman's range on and also saw the "jaw sling" thing on (didn't appear to help the model, but the model didn't need help there anyway - dontcha just lurve those demos?!). Well, I thought, what the hell - there's always the 30 day MBG - so I ordered. I tried it a week last Friday and sat there, soaking up DH's howling laughter, took it off after an hour and trotted off to do my make-up. Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather!! Jowls gone! Little turkey bit gone! DH's laughter gone!! And they're STILL gone- a week and a bit later! I've never believed the hype they spout, but still do the best I can to put the brakes on skin ageing, but this stuff is *literally* the dog's wotsits.

I should be pleased, but having found something that genuinely works has woken the lemming I thought I'd put to sleep a few years ago. Sigh.

I've been using all sorts of skincare from all types of ranges since I was 11 and my nan gave me a pot of Pond's Cold Cream and a tin of Vaseline. I still use the Vaseline on my eyes and lips every night an no one I've met can believe I'm knocking on 50. Hair dye also helps this illusion ;-)

I have, however, recently noticed that I'm developing jowls and a tiny bit of slackening under my chin - a dead age give-away! So, having tried loads of neck creams over the years and sadly realizing they don't live up to their hype, I started to keep an eye open for something that may give a "temporary" result for a wedding I had coming up (damn photos!). I'd seen Sarah Chapman's range on and also saw the "jaw sling" thing on (didn't appear to help the model, but the model didn't need help there anyway - dontcha just lurve those demos?!). Well, I thought, what the hell - there's always the 30 day MBG - so I ordered. I tried it a week last Friday and sat there, soaking up DH's howling laughter, took it off after an hour and trotted off to do my make-up. Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather!! Jowls gone! Little turkey bit gone! DH's laughter gone!! And they're STILL gone- a week and a bit later! I've never believed the hype they spout, but still do the best I can to put the brakes on skin ageing, but this stuff is *literally* the dog's wotsits.

I should be pleased, but having found something that genuinely works has woken the lemming I thought I'd put to sleep a few years ago. Sigh.
I did see this demo and thought that after this thingy dries out after use I would still re-hydrate it with water some other time and try again .
When AY said "all this goes in your skin" after they wrung half a cup of water/liquid I thought "no way!"

I did see this demo and thought that after this thingy dries out after use I would still re-hydrate it with water some other time and try again .
When AY said "all this goes in your skin" after they wrung half a cup of water/liquid I thought "no way!"

The "sling" was still wet and there was a lot of serum left in the sachet so I've attempted to re-seal it with a clippit and put it in another plastic bag. Maybe it'll work...

Weathergirl, thank you for sharing and wish you all well.
Is it true about am/pm moisturiser that the bottle not working sometimes? I had a 15 ml pot sample and love it but do not dare to buy it in the bottle that stops working.

Marina I have used 2 full tubes of am/pm and so far have had no problem. The cream is thick and the hole in the pump quite small though so it takes several pumps for the cream to work its way up the spout. Hope my next one is ok now!

"Dove" springs into mind and E45 bath cream or other E45 shower/bath products.

I'm using Dove body lotion at the minute and it's really nice. Hadn't thought to try their shower gel. I'm not keen on E45 cream but again the shower gels/washes could be worth a try.

Champneys Moisturising one is pretty good as is the orange Clarins aromatic one.

I'm just looking to save myself time and effort. Laziness really.

So my question is which, if any ,lotion or potion has given you instant results?

Domestos!
Brings my pan up a treat!

I'm using Dove body lotion at the minute and it's really nice. Hadn't thought to try their shower gel. I'm not keen on E45 cream but again the shower gels/washes could be worth a try.

Champneys Moisturising one is pretty good as is the orange Clarins aromatic one.

I love Dove cream and find their antiperspirant very good, but Dove soap dries my skin:sad:

Tinkerbelle, try putting a few drops of rose essential oil into the E45 cream, that is what they used at the hospice when my skin was very dry, and it worked very well. Rose essential oil is expensive, but you only need a couple of drops to mix with the E45 and carry the mixture in one of those little jam jars and they are ideal hand creams too.
You can always put it in a empty Elemis, Decleor, Liz Earle jars if you like:happy:

The "sling" was still wet and there was a lot of serum left in the sachet so I've attempted to re-seal it with a clippit and put it in another plastic bag. Maybe it'll work...
alter ego, please let us know how long your result lasted from this one "sling"?

Still looking good from a week last Friday! Am still in shock about this.
Thank you alter ego, please keep us posted how long it will last between your first and second application.
I checked the reviews and they are mostly 1-star. Apparently the thingy is too lose so not great contact with skin, people are not getting results, how silly.

I used mine before seeing the show so thought I'd had a faulty one - I thought they'd failed to cut the mask, not realising I was supposed to double it and put two of the hook pieces over my ears IYKWIM. I put a single layer over my ears then smoothed the *faulty* piece down on my neck. Silly me - but it's apparently worked. Still no turkey return. Still in shock!

This talk of hooking things over the ears reminded me of a funny story from years ago, My cousin who was the about 4 (in the 70's) came down stairs when his parents were having a party thinking he looked like a fighter pilot with a bra on his head and one of the old fashioned looped sanitary towels over his face as a mask. He still gets the sh$t ripped out of him to this day

Latest posts

Back