instant results?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know those who work in the industry will tell you. It takes 28-30 days for your skin to renew its. So for proper long term results that is how long a product will take to do its job.

All these instant result are the temporary sort. Mascara will make your lashes longer and thicker(but of course the ads use false lashes) or and photo shopping. Use a cleanser and of course your face will be cleaner.

My skin is a bit dehydrated at the moment, I whipped out some Caudalie SOS Thirst serum I had. My skin felt great straight away, but I am still dehydrated no doubt. It will no doubt having to use throughout the winter. Oh and drinking more liquid, I am bad at that.

The thing is people use something and go, "Oh my skin feels and looks so much better." But if you used the dreaded black light which shows up every age spot, sun damaged and hydration and wrinkle under the skin forming different matter.

The only one which gives me anything approaching instant results is Alpha H. The night delay cream works well for me and means when I wake in the morning my skin is plumper and very hydrated with no sign of crepeyness round my eyes or top of my cheeks. I really notice the difference when I don't use it. I also use the eye gel. I don't have dark circles to 'peel' (hehehe) but I have very sensitive eyes and this is one of the very few that I've tried that don't irritate. I find it cooling and refreshing along with LE eyebright and again really notice a difference when I don't use it. I've found what works and makes a difference and I'm not falling for any more of their piffle! It's taken a while, but until they come out with a true 'facelift in a bottle' (with 1000 5* reviews to back up their claims!) I'm not trying anything else.

I'm interested that some of you have found products that give steady improvements. I've only found the opposite - the only results I get seem to be instant ones. I've always disagreed with AY when she justifies expensive products by talking about long term results as opposed to quick fixes so maybe it's just me then. I've tried most qvc ranges now, particularly the dearer ones, (not Dr. P though - for that price I'd want a magic wand and fairy godmother included) and find that if I don't use it I lose it - pretty much instantly.

Never had instant results with anything really,the closest though is right now. A while ago I used Elemis pro-radiance cleanser for the first time. I had an awful reaction to it and needed antihistamines from the doctor. They worked quickly and took the swelling down, but I was left with red sore dry skin. have spent the last few weeks trying everything to help with this, some so called gentle products were making the redness and soreness worse, others did nothing. In desperation I bought some Estee Lauder night repair as I once read that Nigella Lawson swears by it for small burns on her hands that she sometimes gets in the kitchen.
Have been using this for the past week and my skin has begun to heal, in fact it is almost healed completely. I am shocked at the speed of this result, have been using it every morning as well as every night and will continue using this fab product in future.

Bea Frugal, I am wondering if it is more the massaging effect that is giving you instant results, helping lymphatic drainage as well as stimulating blood to the surface of your face? Just a thought, or you are certainly unique! :rock:

I've mentioned this before, but my daughter has anorexia. At her worst she had terrible dark shadows under her eyes and eye bags as well. The consultant who initially treated her said the dark shadows and eye bags were down to dehydration, pure and simple. She actually looks a lot better recently as she has upped her water intake quite a bit. I'd try the cheap water option first before reaching for any eye cream IMHO.

I stopped believing in Santa, The Tooth Fairy and miracle skincare products years ago. I shudder to think how much money I`ve spent on wishful thinking in a jar or a bottle. Nowadays I accept my skin has aged along with the rest of me and keep it clean, well hydrated and sun protected as best as I can. If a £10 item does it just as good as a £30 item then that`s all the better.

Bea Frugal, I am wondering if it is more the massaging effect that is giving you instant results, helping lymphatic drainage as well as stimulating blood to the surface of your face? Just a thought, or you are certainly unique! :rock:

That's certainly a factor (the massage bit I mean!). All I really know is that once I've done the cleanse and tone, then a nice massage with an oil and then moisturise, I definitely see an improvement. But not one that gets any better with time.

Oh yes she did, but even more so AY, she said that HER dark circles peel off, mine definitely didn't.
And for the eye bags, not drinking liquids in the evening does help.

No can do I'm afraid so I'll have to keep my eye bags.
th_drunk.gif

Oh I have to carry on drinking the teabags at night time so if they give me eyebags then so be it.

Thinking more like the baps
Could be decolattttttttt.... (baffled by the different terms used) and could be 'the baps' depends how low I feel like going :grin::grin: Start at the neck and keep heading South until I hit a hydrated bit, at my age it's sometimes the knees by default :grin::grin:

On various beauty shows we are constantly being promised that using various products will give us instant results and a flawless complexion. Now maybe it's just me but this has never been the case and over the years I've been sucked into trying a lot!!!

Decleor and Elemis are the worst culprits but they're all at it. So my question is which, if any ,lotion or potion has given you instant results?

I wouldn't go as far as to say instant results, but I saw a very quick improvement in my skin using Emma Hardie products. I used to be a real beauty junkie but am more sensible these days, it is fair to say I have tried many brands over the years to the detriment of my skin. I have been using Emma Hardie skincare every day since 29 February, and love using it. I have the foaming moringa face wash in the showerin the morning and use the Moringa balm with the cloth to cleanse at night. I am a big fan of the eye serum which I repeat purchase. I am using the lighter lotion with the serum underneath and the night cream as these were in the TSV she does, but when they run out I will be going back to the am/pm cream which I also re-purchase. I have a one year old and a two and a half year old, I get very little sleep and what I do get is often disturbed. I have a long commute, a busy stressful complicated job and I ofter " forget" to eat properly. Exercise? Let's not go there. I confess to liking wine perhaps a bit too much. My pampering skin care is my real treat. My skin should look really cruddy but it doesn't. In the last couple of weeks, about 6 people who I don't see very often have commented in a surprised way, how "well" I look. Their remarks are consistent - always the same word- " well". On top of all that I was really ill and an ambulance was called (I am better now) and we are just coming out of a family bereavement so I really haven't felt and should not look " well". Dare I say it may be my skincare? I use only a bit of slap so I can't see what else it can be!!!

The miracle product I really want to find is a moisturising shower gel so I don't have to fiddle about with body lotion. I don't have really dry skin but I'm a real outdoor girl so bits of me are out in all weathers.

Last edited:
If your skin is really dry, applying a moisturiser instantly makes it look hydratedly better. If your skin is looking dull and colourless, exfoliating it and then applying a mask will bring back a nice glow (easy does it though: don't use harsh acidic stuff). Applying a good face oil or a light moisturiser at night makes you wake up with a soft hydrated glow. Brand of your own choosing. No miracles, just practical advice that works 'instantly'. Sometimes I'm amazed by these instant tightening filling-in-the-wrinkle wonder products, but probably wouldn't like the ingredients or wouldn't want to have to depend on them or ask myself 'do they really work'? so I don't bother with them.

Anything else - like good eye creams or face moisturisers - which claim to be anti-ageing, I just apply religiously every day and hope for the best over time, but I don't expect 'instant' results. Oh, and work from the inside out: healthy diet, nice walks and gentle exercise, and 7/8 hours of sleep a night.

I thank you.

As claims go that really was one of her most outrageous loveinamist

This was the one claim of hers that really made me very angry indeed. A dark circle cannot peel off, or slip off, or slide off, or whatever it was she said. I remember she said she'd applied the product and later on she'd touched her "eye area" and her literal actual dark circle had exfoliated off on her finger. Rollocks. It sounds more like she'd not taken her eye make up off properly and what she was actually literally touching was layers of Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner from over the years.

I bought myself a tube of said eye cream from eBay, partly because I wanted to see if it would work, but also partly because I wanted to prove the theory wrong. It made diddly squat difference to my eye area - didn't even moisturise that effectively. Thank goodness I only paid a small amount of money for the tube and not full price...

Latest posts

Back