Insincerity of guest presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
Many times I have wondered if the front person for the companies were really anything to do with the actual company at all.

The woman who used to present Pro Strong nail products is now a full time presenter on Ideal World.

Now, I have discovered that the Revitalash woman is a presenter for another product on another station too.

Basically they are just out to make a buck.

I dont think its insincere to be honest , is it any different to working for an employment agency & finding yourself working at several places , ultimately there earning a living , if there clued up on what there selling does it matter if they do other presentations

i rather have my eggs in several baskets rather than one big one in case it goes tits up , we all have to survive the best we can in the current climate

Many times I have wondered if the front person for the companies were really anything to do with the actual company at all.

The woman who used to present Pro Strong nail products is now a full time presenter on Ideal World.

Now, I have discovered that the Revitalash woman is a presenter for another product on another station too.

Basically they are just out to make a buck.

Yes on the subject of insincerity, I recall Alison Young selling Mally perfume saying it's THE ONLY perfume she has at home along with one from Marc Jacobs that her hubby buys her. So much for all the other fragrances she flogs then, Tova, Liz earle, Philosophy, artisan etc etc etc....lol x.

I just don't like it when the QVC presenters say and "today we have with us so and so from Pro Strong" leading us to believe that the person is actually a representative of the company when in fact their word is not worth anything.

The woman who flogs Revitalash has appeared many times during the Christmas season on terrestrial TV flogging Park catalogue products. Proves that the lot of them are just jobbing actors. Don't believe a word of what they say!

Love Becky :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Most of the guest presenters are employed by the company, making or distributing the products. Out of work actors etc are good at speaking usually and learnin their lines. They are paid to do a job and I am sure many do enjoy and actually use the said products, but its a job.

Look at Marie-Francoise who fronts Kipling..she doesn't work FOR them, but she does a damn good job all the same - they have to earn a living! Maybe ProStrong has been dumped by Q, or has disappeared as a company, so that Zoe's had to find herself a job - who knows?

But then some don't much like the ones who do work for the brands either ... Fiona from Decleor being one that springs to mind.

If you think about it, does Keeley work for Elemis? She has her own salon so she can't be employed full time by Elemis.

I don't much care one way or the other whether they work for the company full time or whether they are employed just to be a QVC presenter.

Many of the guest presenters actually have equity cards, and are actors or do tv adverts for other products/companies. I feel the same as the OP; when you have a lady promotiing revitalash who, simultaneously, advertises Park hampers, it does detract rather from her loyalty to the revitalash brand, and makes one think that, by presenting on the Q, she is,basically, just doing a job to earn a wage - nothing wrong with that, we all need to work - not a devoted employee of the brand. People would be more convinced if the brand sent one of their own employees to tell us all about the product and the company which makes it.

I'm sure I've read in the vendor manual (yes, I read it once... Saddo) that vendors can either supply their own guests, or can opt for Q to supply one for them.

So, as Revitalash I have to decide whether to let Q employ a vivacious actress and model, with a proven track record in prentation and promotion. Or we can send Beryl from our marketing team.

It's a no brainer really isn't it.

I'm sure I've read in the vendor manual (yes, I read it once... Saddo) that vendors can either supply their own guests, or can opt for Q to supply one for them.

So, as Revitalash I have to decide whether to let Q employ a vivacious actress and model, with a proven track record in prentation and promotion. Or we can send Beryl from our marketing team.It's a no brainer really isn't it.

As a viewer i'd rather see Beryl from the marketing team. If anything would put me off of revitalash its the simpering, insincere twittering that comes out of dolly daydream Natalia.

No air fares for Dolly Daydream whereas a Revitalash employee would have to flown in. However I preferred Lorraine from Kipling to M-F as she really knew the brand and could answer questions aboout current and past stock.

Jude xx

As a viewer i'd rather see Beryl from the marketing team. If anything would put me off of revitalash its the simpering, insincere twittering that comes out of dolly daydream Natalia.

I do not disagree.
But given the sales they're getting on it (evidenced by the very fast expansion into other products) she is doing a good job.

So, as Revitalash I have to decide whether to let Q employ a vivacious actress and model, with a proven track record in prentation and promotion. Or we can send Beryl from our marketing team.

It's a no brainer really isn't it.

Oh dear Burlz, weren't you complaining earlier about poor spelling & yet here you are, committing that same sin yourself........surely it's spelt vac-u-ous.......? :mysmilie_62:

i don't expect sincerity or truth from any of them, all they want are sales, some are just more watch able and professional than others. I like to hear the product accurately described, see it demonstrated, be given information about what it is made of and how to care for it. What I don't want is wittering, faffing, screeching, gross exaggeration, endless boasting, and general spouting of meaningless rubbish.

Yes on the subject of insincerity, I recall Alison Young selling Mally perfume saying it's THE ONLY perfume she has at home along with one from Marc Jacobs that her hubby buys her. So much for all the other fragrances she flogs then, Tova, Liz earle, Philosophy, artisan etc etc etc....lol x.

The others will be in the bulging gym bag, glove compartment, desk drawer and horse box.

No air fares for Dolly Daydream whereas a Revitalash employee would have to flown in. However I preferred Lorraine from Kipling to M-F as she really knew the brand and could answer questions aboout current and past stock.

Jude xx

I'm a fairly recent convert to Kipling and have only ever seen M-F doing it. But talking of Lorraines, I much preferred Lorraine doing SBC to wotsername..Adele..? But at least I THINK they both actually worked/work for SBC, I stand to be corrected..?

I'm a fairly recent convert to Kipling and have only ever seen M-F doing it. But talking of Lorraines, I much preferred Lorraine doing SBC to wotsername..Adele..? But at least I THINK they both actually worked/work for SBC, I stand to be corrected..?

Yes I agree about Sbc Lorraine,she seemed much more sincere than a lot of guests, I like the Elemis lady Emer, find her easy to watch, think I have just seen Natalia advertising Park Hampers, but i suppose it pays the bills!

Lorraine was an "independant" therapist who "chose to use" SBC wasn't she?

Until she ripped of the idea and started her own range of couse. Which bombed.

Latest posts

Back