Ingrid Tarrant

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you are older than me, and you don't like Yong Kim-that's fine. I am not necessarily calling you an old crone.

Am "old crone" is my generic term for a very judgemental person who is very narrow minded and intolerant about other peoples tastes, in this case clothing. I really don't expect people to share my taste. I don't care a jot really. I was describing the "type" who tut tut's about what prople wear. Makes comments about ironing? creases, rag bags, washing baskets, whatever. I often see people walking down the street in clothes that look stupid. I would not go up to them and say "hey you look like you dressed in something from the bottom of my rag bag". Why not? because that would be RUDE and intolterant and against my sense of good manners. So why does hiding behind a keyboard make any difference? My use of the term "Old Crone" may upset some. But maybe I should have used "Rude" or "Intolerant" instead.

Sorry Sazza I was typing that before I saw your post. I didnt like being called pathetic and disgusting either.

If you are older than me, and you don't like Yong Kim-that's fine. I am not necessarily calling you an old crone.

Am "old crone" is a generic term for a very judgemental person who is very narrow minded and intolerant about other peoples tastes, in this case clothing. I really don't expect people to share my taste. I don't care a jot really. I was describing the "type" who tut tut's about what prople wear. Makes comments about ironing? creases, rag bags, washing baskets, whatever. I often see people walking down the street in clothes that look stupid. I would not go up to them and say "hey you look like you dressed in something from the bottom of my rag bag". Why not? because that would be RUDE and intolterant and against my sense of good manners. So why does hiding behind a keyboard make any difference? My use of the term "Old Crone" may upset some. But maybe I should have used "Rude" or "Intolerant" instead.

Regardless of how you meant the term we ask that forum members do not attack, or call fellow forum members names!

We ask this of all members just yourself weathergirl.

Latest posts

Back