in the salon with SBC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sodium Laureth Sulfate

Surfactants/Detergent Cleansing Agents

Can be derived from coconut (which can be an irritant to some people) & it is used primarily as a detergent cleansing agent. It is considered gentle and effective. Despite the name similarity, sodium laureth sulfate is NOT the same as sodium lauryl sulfate. It is a milder cleansing agent due to a higher amount and different chemical structure of the fatty alcohols that required to manufacture this cleansing agent.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

Irritants, Surfactants/Detergent Cleansing Agents, Thickeners/Emulsifiers

Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) is one of the most irritating cleansing agents used in skin-care products. In fact, it’s considered a standard comparison substance for measuring skin irritancy of other ingredients. Thus in scientific studies, when they want to establish whether or not an ingredient is problematic for skin, they compare its effect to the results of SLS. In amounts of 2% to 5% it can cause allergic or sensitizing reactions in lots of people (Sources: European Journal of Dermatology, September-October 2001, pages 416–419; American Journal of Contact Dermatitis, March 2001, pages 28–32).

Sodium Laureth Sulfate

Surfactants/Detergent Cleansing Agents

Can be derived from coconut (which can be an irritant to some people) & it is used primarily as a detergent cleansing agent. It is considered gentle and effective. Despite the name similarity, sodium laureth sulfate is NOT the same as sodium lauryl sulfate. It is a milder cleansing agent due to a higher amount and different chemical structure of the fatty alcohols that required to manufacture this cleansing agent.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

Irritants, Surfactants/Detergent Cleansing Agents, Thickeners/Emulsifiers

Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) is one of the most irritating cleansing agents used in skin-care products. In fact, it’s considered a standard comparison substance for measuring skin irritancy of other ingredients. Thus in scientific studies, when they want to establish whether or not an ingredient is problematic for skin, they compare its effect to the results of SLS. In amounts of 2% to 5% it can cause allergic or sensitizing reactions in lots of people (Sources: European Journal of Dermatology, September-October 2001, pages 416–419; American Journal of Contact Dermatitis, March 2001, pages 28–32).

Thank you for the correct information! Looks like I got my knickers in a twist in my previous post! :taphead:

I wanted the collagen gel to suit me as I think the concept is a good one, but I was sensitive to it. I could not brong myself to use the shower gel because the pink colour is just nauseating. I should be sensible about it and ignore the colour but I just can't, I do think products (however much you pay for them) should be a pleasure to use. I find I can say that about l'Occitaine, Liz Earle, and Emma Hardie products. I can't say the same about Elemis, Gatineau or SBC, having given them a go. But each to their own.

going off at a tangent, does anyone know which QVC ranges don't contain Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLS), and how can we find out before buying ?

Linda xx

A'kin was brilliant.... however, notice that QVC hardly have anything of it now :( SO, I buy from MyPure.co.uk

Latest posts

Back