I'm so sick of all this American stuff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC, if people buy it and it makes money for them, then they will continue to stock it.

Places like Debenhams have their designer ranges(usually cheap versions designed by the original designer for the mass market all shapes and sizes), I will say they pay very well for these. Perhaps it is the money or the designer cannot product the amount of stock QVC want? Yong Kim, many hate some love is different, she is a what is called a proper designer. Yet the prices are high compared to most of the stuff on QVC. Or it could be the 30 day money back guarantee which puts them off from wanting to sell on QVC?

Thanks to Gem Genie for the tip about the 17 shimmer brick- I will give it a go when I fight my way through the dreaded high street this morning; even with the parking I am sure I will be quids in vs Bobbi and p&p.
I have noticed a bit of Kim and Co/ Michelle no-Hope type stuff locally, mostly worn by larger ladies of a certain age!!

Am a fan or ronni, yong kim and tianna. Also like monsoon and Next. Not a fan of Zara. So hey ho different things appeal to different folks. Thank goodness we are not all the same. And I'm not a large lady of a certain age but then again not sure that it matters if I was!

We've got James Lakeland coming today. He's a Brit but it'll be expensive I reckon. I've seen a few QVC purchases ... Ronnie Nicole, Tiana B mainly and the odd bit of Kim n Co but actually it's hard to tell what's bought from where unless it's something really distinctive.

In the past I`ve bought many things from Q but never their clothes. I find 99% of them dated and overpriced. Also I`d hate to pay the p and p to have something delivered, hate it on sight, look like a sack of spuds in it or cringe at the feel of the fabric and then have to pay another set of p and p to return it. Basically I`d be paying around a tenner in postage just to try it, feel the fabric and look at myself in the mirror saying " Ughh awful ". I can do that for nothing in real shops or from other websites where p and P and returns are free.
I`ve never actually met anybody wearing a Q top or dress but they must be out there somewhere. Maybe there`s a Q fest coffee morning in darkest Outer Mongolia where everybody arrives in a kaftan, stretchy top or potatoe sack style dress ?

I wonder if the American woman actually wear these clothes, they must sell obviously or they
wouldn"t still be on the televsion. Do you see these clothes when your walking down the
street in America, never been so haven"t a clue :thinking:

I have never to my knowledge seen QVC clothes in America and I have spent quite a bit of time there. I have seen B Makowsky, Tyler Rodan and Tiganello bags on sale in department stores and in TJMaxx over there at much reduced prices to the UK. I haven't seen any QVC clothing brands on sale or noticed anyone wearing obvious designs, but then i haven't in the UK either. Yankee candles are much cheaper in the US, £10 or less for a large candles so I always stock up with a few of them. I don't like QVC fashion much and have only bought 1 item, a Centigrade coat many years ago. I do wish they would support the British fashion industry more and cater for younger tastes, but QVC is a business and they will sell whatever they know will shift at the highest price possible.

oh well, I'm definitely of a certain age and I'm larger than I used to be, and thank God we're all different shapes & sizes and with different tastes! I have some Meesh hope tops and very nice they are too (in MY opinion!) - all I can say, if you don't like it, don't watch it...if it annoys you...don't watch it...if all you can do is moan about it...don't ****** watch it! I've noticed lately so many negative threads going on it's quite depressing...so I don't read 'em..!!

i can safely say i've never seen qvc clothing in the usa or canada because i've never seen anyone wear anything polyester!

in the summer it's just too darn hot. it's all cotton shorts and vests. maybe the qvc gear comes out in the winter but it's definitely not around in summer.

I did once see what looked like a Michele Hope skirt being worn by a lady in our city centre. She was wearing it with a Man Utd shirt (at least 3 sponsors behind), flowery socks and brown trainers. She had topped this ensemble of with a Quicksilver cross body bag.
And I didn't even know that Glen had been giving style tips locally
:p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I totally agree Gem, it would be great to see some British designers, surely these people exist?? Also hopefully we would get the correct dress sizes as well, because the American sizes are really confusing!!

I did once see what looked like a Michele Hope skirt being worn by a lady in our city centre. She was wearing it with a Man Utd shirt (at least 3 sponsors behind), flowery socks and brown trainers. She had topped this ensemble of with a Quicksilver cross body bag.
And I didn't even know that Glen had been giving style tips locally
:p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Made me laugh. Well as he says, you can dress it up or dress it down he he

oh well, I'm definitely of a certain age and I'm larger than I used to be, and thank God we're all different shapes & sizes and with different tastes! I have some Meesh hope tops and very nice they are too (in MY opinion!) - all I can say, if you don't like it, don't watch it...if it annoys you...don't watch it...if all you can do is moan about it...don't ****** watch it! I've noticed lately so many negative threads going on it's quite depressing...so I don't read 'em..!!

I have no problem with anyone saying they don't like certain items, each to their own what I do object to is the insinuation that anyone who buys said items is a sad, frumpy, nutter.

Theyll never sell British stuff in any quantity because most of you lot wouldn't pay for it. As soon as a clothing item appears that's over £40 it starts..... "ooh isn't it expensive! Not at THAT price! Cheaper in TKMaxx! Must think we're millionaires" etc etc

Clearly the majority of QVCs female viewers want to dress cheaply. Which is fine, as long as looking cheap is the effect you're after. I don't suppose it matters though, seeing as you're all "dressing for me" ha.

Theyll never sell British stuff in any quantity because most of you lot wouldn't pay for it. As soon as a clothing item appears that's over £40 it starts..... "ooh isn't it expensive! Not at THAT price! Cheaper in TKMaxx! Must think we're millionaires" etc etc

Clearly the majority of QVCs female viewers want to dress cheaply. Which is fine, as long as looking cheap is the effect you're after. I don't suppose it matters though, seeing as you're all "dressing for me" ha.

I liked the Lakeland dresses that were on earlier, but couldn"t afford a dress at about £110, too expensive, £50 - £60 would be my ideal
price. Most of us have to budget and pay bills etc, but i"ll admit i have bought dresses of e y. So maybe i like cheap, but not looking it, and you can always add a handbag to give a more expensive look to your dress :happy:

QVC, Primark, Debenhams, Harrods, Armani, Stella Macartney etc etc it doesn`t matter where you shop as long and YOU are happy with the product and enjoy wearing it but one woman`s personal taste will always be another woman`s disaster. Afterall how many celebs do we see in outfits which must have cost a small fortune and yet they look cheap and nasty to a majority of us. As grown men and women we`re all past caring what other people think about what we wear ( or we should be past caring ) and opinions are just words on a page so shouldn`t be taken to heart. So what if I dislike QVC clothes, someone else might dislike my love of Next and I may dislike their love of Monsoon and so on. Life is like a fruit salad, full of all kinds of fruit, some sour, some sweet and different opinions from different people is what makes it go around. As for negative comments about channels or items on those channels, that`s life as I`ve pointed out above and we wouldn`t be human if we didn`t have a gripe every now and again.

I work in a charity shop and I've been puzzled by how few items we get donated from QVC ranges. We've had a handful of Kim & co & MH items in the 14 years I've been there. Are people ashamed to donate these items?

Latest posts

Back