I'm in a tizzy (again)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

inatizzy

Registered Shopper
This time I'm in a tizzy over my 'easy' payments.

I have come to realise that these are in fact not 'easy' because I never know where I am with them and even fail to recognise what that 'little' easy payment is for, when it/they appear on my statement.

I wish I had listened to My Mother and only pay for purchases in full - NO paying by credit card, NO HP (remember that one?) NO robbing Peter to pay Paul (who the hell are Peter and Paul?) and certainly NO 'easy' payments.

You were right Mum X

inatizzy

I agree, pay as you go and if you cannot pay don't go!

I suppose easy pay is ok if you want to make a large purchase but even then I would prefer to save up first if I could.

This time I'm in a tizzy over my 'easy' payments.

I have come to realise that these are in fact not 'easy' because I never know where I am with them and even fail to recognise what that 'little' easy payment is for, when it/they appear on my statement.

I wish I had listened to My Mother and only pay for purchases in full - NO paying by credit card, NO HP (remember that one?) NO robbing Peter to pay Paul (who the hell are Peter and Paul?) and certainly NO 'easy' payments.

You were right Mum X

inatizzy
Tizzy, i used to write mine down in my filofax, month by month, as i only have my wage coming in, so every
time i use my card i write down what it was for and the price, so i know exactly how much i have left. I kept the easy pays on
a different page , so i could refer back to see what they were for. I was shocked one month to see they added up to £150, so
i stopped. My September easy pays are £45 and i know what they"re all for. Trying to stop them completely

I agree - I used to spend hours every couple of months trying to work out what payments I still owe and what ones have ended. I like to make sure QVC aren't taking more than they should. Sometimes small amounts appear on my credit card statement from QVC and I have no idea what it was for and it would be for something I bought 4 months ago and had completely forgotten.

The worst bit is trying to work out whether the item was on 2,3 or 4 'easy' payments. It would be better if it actually said on your order history.

I know I am a bit sad but I have now made a little spreadsheet to log these items onto so I can see exactly how much is due and when and more importantly when it is finished.

So much for them being EASY payments!!!

I "kind of" have a figure/budget in my mind what I can spend on "me" every month.Some months I manage it.others I fail spectacularly.Easy pays helps that budget go a bit further...well in my mind it does!!!

However I do have a rough idea of what I've got going on easypay.I won't let it get out of hand.

I was brought up to be "neither a borrower or lender be"....its hard but I try and follow it.

I had a spell of buying too much on easy pay and then losing track of what was coming out of my account each month. Why can't QVC list the easy pays on the order history page?, it would be really helpful.

I recently purchased something under the assumption it was a one off payment. I seen the easy pay option but thought I was avoiding it. I won't make that mistake again. I like to pay it all upfront while I know I have it.

The only way I can keep track of them is to make a page for each month, used to be in a notebook but now on computer, & when I order something on easy pay mark on each page how much will be going out for that order & also if it's number 2 of 3, 3 of 4 payments. I especially note if it's the LAST of whatever number on the relevant page. That way I can check if each has gone out & that they haven't taken another in the month after what should have been the last.

It can still get confusing though as they don't always seem to take the payments on the same date each month so some months might have two out & another none. Why they can't put the details on your online account beats me.

i guess it is harder when you buy a few things on different days on easy pay .. i cant afford to buy a great deal from anywhere .. but i would dealy love that fuji camera they have been showing .. but its just a wee bit to much even on easy pay .. if it had been 4 easy pays i probably would have gone for it

trouble is i want things now .. but so far i am resisting well:happy:

Yeah easy pays and summer suprises are good, until you count them all up, and then you get a "SUPRISE".

Another way to suck us in and think oh that"s not bad, and we like fools fall for it. But we"re all learning.

I try not to use them, trying to beat the addiction he he and doing good

i guess it is harder when you buy a few things on different days on easy pay .. i cant afford to buy a great deal from anywhere .. but i would dealy love that fuji camera they have been showing .. but its just a wee bit to much even on easy pay .. if it had been 4 easy pays i probably would have gone for it

trouble is i want things now .. but so far i am resisting well:happy:

That camera is way too expensive - there are better deals elsewhere on the internet where the cameras are just as good. My OH bought one for £99 (or so he told me) that does loads of stuff. The zoom is fantastic x24 and even I have managed to use it

Oh dear I`ve been there , done that and got the T shirt. Always in a pickle trying to keep track of easy pays, returns, refunds and new orders. I stopped it all, telly shopping was making life more complicated ( and expensive ! ) than it should have. We are our own worst enemies aren`t we ?
It`s 11 months since I remarried and I`m still " clean ", haven`t got into such a pickle since and don`t intend to again. I still use internet sites if I need to replace anything, buy a birthday present or to have deliveries made to my grandchildren 300 miles away for their Xmas or birthday but no shopping channels. Sometimes when I`ve been looking for a gift for someone ( recently bought my hubby a camera because he drowned his last year ) and often I`ve found other sites are as competive and sometimes even cheaper than the likes of QVC especially when there`s free postage and returns. And let`s face it, a couple of hours in a shopping precinct is no more hassle than traipsing to the post office to return items, getting into a tizz when bank statements arrive or having to hang around waiting for a particular item to be aired.

i dont know why they dont do a flexi basket like ideal world at least you can pop other things in & have a set payment each month for however many months your flexi pay was over .. will save all these fivers over 3 payments & 20 quid over 2 on other goods being worked out

i use a dslr mainly but i fancied one of these bridge cameras with the optical zoom for general stuff .. but i will have a good root round & see if i cant find the fuji one & the canon one they did for less money

IdealWorld send out a confirmation letter detailing the number of payments, date of withdrawal and amounts*. Why can't Q do similar? I use index cards/record cards to keep track. One card per item with * in columns, next withdrawal date is highlighted and shuffled into date order and cards are rubber-banded. Easy to tick when I check the bank statement. When the item is paid, then the card is ripped up. Because of M.E.BrainFog, I need to see something tangible in my hands. Works for me ;-)

It's really poor that the My Account page doesn't tell you about ongoing easy pays. Probably a deliberate ploy but piss-poor nevertheless.

Another US shopping channel frequently has 6-ez-pays, and I've fallen into that trap too many times.

I'm another one who uses a spreadsheet to manage easy pays but I've cut right back so it's much easier anyway.

I have been in the same situation of not knowing what 'easy pay' was for which item, I just emailed customer services and they sent me a full list of what i owed and how many payments were outstanding and on which card, it was an enormous help, shame they cannot do that on your own account page. :thinking:

Latest posts

Back