I'm eating my lunch and now I feel sick!...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now Artemis, I've carefully studied that photo you sent me, and in answer to your question about whether or not I think your facial hair is becoming noticeable, frankly, I don't, and I've really looked at the picture from all possible angles. And apart from anything else, now that snuffles has dropped out of the Acker Bilk Tribute Band, I think you would be the ideal candidate to step in, hairy toes or not...

Let me know how you're fixed, epilation times permitting, that is, and I'll go and practise with that bouffanty wig of mine and work on my Art Garfunkel impersonation...

How kind of you to think of me, Puss. Could I take a raincheck as I've been booked to appear as a Yeti to encourage tourists to the European Alps. Obviously, my appearances will be sporadic but there are travel issues and Hairy parts don't appear very often - well, mine certainly don't...

The person that always used to be on at mealtimes was Janey and her 'fat' friend modelling the magic knickers. The way she used to yank and pull the fat around the poor girl's waistline! And there stood Janey as trussed up as a prime Goose ready for dinner with a busom pouring over her teeny tiny waist. Yuk. Don't see much of her these days I'm glad to say.

Unwanted hair is a daily fact of many women's lives. Why should we have to be ashamed of it, and secretive about what we do to get rid of it?

I think it's good for all the poor ladies who are struggling with unwanted hair when they give something like this a proper demonstration.

I thought Jill Franks was rather brave for getting her hairy bits out. I'm having electrolysis on my big toes at the moment so I have to let the hair grow. I know they are unsightly, but unsightly is not a crime is it?

QVC can't cater to everybody's irrational little phobias - if they did, they'd have got rid of at least one presenter on my behalf by now. :wink:

Unwanted hair is a daily fact of many women's lives. Why should we have to be ashamed of it, and secretive about what we do to get rid of it?

I think it's good for all the poor ladies who are struggling with unwanted hair when they give something like this a proper demonstration.

All true but I still don't want anything to do with hair (or hard skin) removal for Christmas.

Hands up anyone who would? (Bend your arm at the elbow if your armpits are stubbly...don't want anyone put off their dinner :happy:)

J xx

All true but I still don't want anything to do with hair (or hard skin) removal for Christmas.

Hands up anyone who would? (Bend your arm at the elbow if your armpits are stubbly...don't want anyone put off their dinner :happy:)

J xx

No one is saying that they want to receive an epilator for christmas although I don't think it is an awful present if that's what you want, what was said was that the OP felt sick at the sight of JF epilating on telly.

Will you lot ****** LIGHTEN UP and stop taking everything so literally and actually seriously.
Please.
Fankyooverrymuch.

Sorry folks, twisted me has found todays posts on various threads very funny today. I wish all of you a very heartfelt Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year. The diversity of people on this forum is wonderful and after a particularly gruelling couple of years I am feeling optimistic about the new year, whatever it may bring, and wish you all the same optimism and good health and happiness. X X X X X X X X X X

How kind of you to think of me, Puss. Could I take a raincheck as I've been booked to appear as a Yeti to encourage tourists to the European Alps. Obviously, my appearances will be sporadic but there are travel issues and Hairy parts don't appear very often - well, mine certainly don't...

Artemis, may I just say that I found your debut on the History channel most moving and informative, although I am worried that your delicately epilated toes could be prone to frostbite:

I have to say that on the subject of Jill Franks, having heard her crass and insensitive response to a lady who had just told her that she had lost her daughter to cancer, I would gladly save her the trouble of epilating and rip every excess hair from her toes with my bare hands, lunchtime or otherwise.
Also, my treatments have caused the occasional hormonal spurt of beard-like growth, and I'm not in the least offended by people who don't want to see epilation of any part of the body/face etc, I'm not that sensitive, and frankly, I think the best way to deal with these things thrown at us by a very dark-humoured fate is to laugh in our own black-humoured way. We all have our weaknesses and areas of insecurity, but laughter, along with strength of character, is the way to defeat our demons.
Failing that, I am thinking of applying to a Brian Blessed lookalike agency and making a few quid from any future facial fungus.

Awww, don't worry on my account, love. I've grown my moustache long enough to wrap my tootsies in when the chill strikes....

Latest posts

Back