Ill Mannered Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mink

Registered Shopper
Gabbling and babbling away and drowning out Marie Francoise in the Kipling hour. It's almost funny, like a competition which she is going to win, fitting the most words into the shortest time. What a turn off!

I was getting peeed off at their blathering away without showing us the inside of the bag - particularly the very last one which was a New Today item.

Also as usual the presenters get around to naming the colours just as the Limited Stock sign pops up, so its too bl.....dy late to order - you have to wait for confirmation because more often than not the colour description bears no resemblance to the bag colour. Tonight a bag was clearly cream/beige, but was listed as grey !

I am also fed up with the Kipling colours - we are in summer but with all the blacks, greys, navies, browns, purples and dark prints, you'd never guess - oh yes the forever Cardinal Red pops up for a spot of light relief. There was a Honeydew (bright yellow) small bag on display, but was quickly whipped away as it wasn't available - er why ? Where are the whites, lemons, zingy greens or the pastel shades which are this summer's colours ?

AND, whats happened to Frank's hair ???? it looked lank and greasy tonight.

I caught JF in the Beauty Night thing, her hair looked the same shiny and healthy. I think she has the fine highlights she once had taken out and now its a warm soft chocolate colour.

The thing which gets me is why when there is a range of colours why they don't have the items lined up in exactly the same order as they are on the bottom of the screen. Also why does the sample not have a tag saying what the colour is called rather than all the ;"what are we calling this"

Do you notice that they spend ages yapping about some stupid aspect of the item but never tell you the size or the handle length or how the inside is laid out or how it closes, until it is too late grr.

Annoying presenters yes because they are in our face but as bad are the back room bods as I would just love to slap them for their sloppiness . A bit of training required methinks.

The Kipling hours are always a shambles regardless of who is presenting due to colours being shown that aren't available, not knowing the colour names etc.

Jill Franks is a manic presenter and it gets exaggerated in chaotic hours like Kipling.

It's so frustrating when you're wanting to see the inside of the bag, MF is usually poised to show us, then whoever's presenting and whoever's working the camera seem to have a different idea, and by the time you get the info the colour you want is sold out or something...scream..

My memory might be failing me but I don't remember QVC being like this in the past. Is it really beyond the wit of those in charge to present goods so that we are all not tearing out hair out because they've missed showing the items and its properties properly? What is the point of showing a bag in a colour that is not available? It's not rocket science, and after all, the name of the game is to get us to buy goods, and they are not doing that well enough. Jill Franks is fascinating to me but in a bad way. I really don't like her bony claw hands emphasising everything she says, she looks skeletal, and it's not a good look and that, together with her very strident way of talking, through almost gritted teeth with neck veins sticking out is just horrible to me. And why would you have a fringe that is so long it keeps catching your eyelashes and making you blink ? I will have to avoid watching any hour with her in it.

I find JF to be too competitive and demanding of attention, the type of woman who would stab you in the back at work to get the good desk in the office, or some other minor advantage. Or the type who has few friends and doesn't understand why. Anyways thank god she's only on TV and not real life. I'm sure she's not so bad off screen.

Perhaps her idol is Claudia Winklepicker, with the thick long fringe - and haven't you noticed, her eyes have been more made up lately ?

Agree with the 'camera' work, its all over the place; if a presenter says on air 'can we have a look at that' it takes forever for those in the Gallery to relay instructions to the camera operator, and by then the graphics for the next item are being shown. Shambles.

I agree about the chaos of the kipling shows ....always an issue about colours etc....frustrates me ...and I think that he high prices are so wrong ...you get the odd ...TSV ...which have been a bit ropey .... Imho....Julia is doing a good job as explanations and demonstrations go etc....i just find Marie francoise a bit too laid back ...... Julia earns her money i will say that for her....(still full of herself though and wish Katherine was presenting instead despite her ums and arrs .)...she is more real ....I digress lol ....

The thing which gets me is why when there is a range of colours why they don't have the items lined up in exactly the same order as they are on the bottom of the screen. Also why does the sample not have a tag saying what the colour is called rather than all the ;"what are we calling this"

Do you notice that they spend ages yapping about some stupid aspect of the item but never tell you the size or the handle length or how the inside is laid out or how it closes, until it is too late grr.

Annoying presenters yes because they are in our face but as bad are the back room bods as I would just love to slap them for their sloppiness . A bit of training required methinks.

The colour line up issue is something which really gets me! and it is not just Kipling, but on the Emu shows and beauty too. To give AY credit she knows and names each shade but on some other shows it is just chaos. I have honestly thought that people could buy the wrong shade Emu by the time they have gone through the 10 shades and finally agreed that the hazelnut is not the chestnut or whatever. They should definitely line them all up as per the screen listing. And as for "what we are calling" blue multi or whatever, some of their names seem to bear no relation to the actual shade you can see on the TV. The designer must have called it something so why not use that? Madness.

I have just been looking at one of their Tignanello videos. It lasted 3.27 and TBH I thought it was going to end before we got to a description of the bag. In fact beyond the colour (fairly obvious!!) there was no mention of the size or material, and only one quick look inside. Now it was selling quickly and going to limited stock, but they spent ages just wittering on about how a floral bag can work against a block colour and all that baloney (yes, it was Miceal!!!).

Oh dear she's spoiling the Bronzo show by rabbiting on at 1000 miles per hour and the guest can't get a word in.

:mysmilie_10:
PLEASES SHUT HER UP. SHE'S SO IRRITATING SHE COULD TAKE LESSONS FROM THE GUEST WHO IS POISE AND ELEGANCE PERSONIFIED:mysmilie_1:

I timed her just now she's waffling for 3 mins 7secs non stop how ****** rude!

Last edited:
I think their most recent instructions must be that "you're the QVC presenter on a QVC show so you own the hour and make sure you dominate". I can't otherwise account for the rudeness and interruptions.

She's on with the TomTom expert now. She is letting him speak, a bit, but she soon pounces and talks over him. To be frank (no pun intended) he's something of a spare part really.

I can't take to her, I never have. For some reason she reminds me of Cilla Black.

I find JF to be too competitive and demanding of attention, the type of woman who would stab you in the back at work to get the good desk in the office, or some other minor advantage. Or the type who has few friends and doesn't understand why. Anyways thank god she's only on TV and not real life. I'm sure she's not so bad off screen.

Wouldn't bet on it!!

Even saying her name sticks in my throat.She should have been sacked many a year a go,...:mysmilie_43:

Latest posts

Back