If you can't afford revitalash...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
how about a Mascara Wardrobe from Bare Minerals. For a mere £25 plus p&p you can have a three piece set that will volumise, curl and reach those places no other wand can reach!! Well, call me frugal if you like, but we are told that once opened mascara should be binned after 6 months, so why on earth would you have three tubes, all the same colour, on the go at once? I would bet that you'd need a magnifying glass to tell the difference between the three, if there's any difference at all. And are we really going to sit around applying three different mascaras? Honestly, what next.

Its all just product overload isnt it. I remember in the 70s and 80s all I had was cleanser, toner, and a moisturiser, soap,deodorant and body lotion and a small makeup bag of cosmetics. Now I confess its a much different story! Realise that makes me sound really hard done to but I dont recall anyone else having anything else either!

I am that sad person who used to apply one mascara on the top lashes and a different one on the bottom. Now I have used revitilash and have long lashes on the top I only use the same one as I do not need to use a lengthening and curling one, so any old mascara gives a great effect:blush:

how about a Mascara Wardrobe from Bare Minerals. For a mere £25 plus p&p you can have a three piece set that will volumise, curl and reach those places no other wand can reach!! Well, call me frugal if you like, but we are told that once opened mascara should be binned after 6 months, so why on earth would you have three tubes, all the same colour, on the go at once? I would bet that you'd need a magnifying glass to tell the difference between the three, if there's any difference at all. And are we really going to sit around applying three different mascaras? Honestly, what next.

Actually its supposed to be 3 months :-(

Back in the day no-one mentioned the shelf life of mascara and we even had the ones you used to spit into (disgusting I know) however I cannot remember any of us getting ill with eye related diseases.

Back in the day no-one mentioned the shelf life of mascara and we even had the ones you used to spit into (disgusting I know) however I cannot remember any of us getting ill with eye related diseases.

I've still got a palette of Elizabeth Arden powder eyeshadow samples that was given to me by a rep when I had a Saturday job at a posh chemist - at the end of the 1960s! Groovy colours and I haven't used any of them for quite some time......

Yes, it's 3 months. But I can't bring myself to chuck it if it's not gone dry or flaky. But that goes for more than just mascara! I only chuck or sell stuff that doesn't get used.

I think my revitalash has been working. Lashes are thicker, longer, darker and curlier. I just wish my right eye would catch up with my left. They look even with mascara on and now I only need one light coat

Ohhhh I remember them - they were rubbish weren't they. But then it was all I could afford in the 70's. And we used to have 'proper' rouge - made you look like Aunt Sally but we thought we looked good :emo:

Yes, it's 3 months. But I can't bring myself to chuck it if it's not gone dry or flaky. But that goes for more than just mascara! I only chuck or sell stuff that doesn't get used.

I think my revitalash has been working. Lashes are thicker, longer, darker and curlier. I just wish my right eye would catch up with my left. They look even with mascara on and now I only need one light coat

Do you start with the same eye each night. I have read lots of comments where people say they are growing uneven but it is generally because the first eye is getting more stuff on fresh off the applicator. I always alternate eyes and even start inwards to outwards some nights and alternate that. Maybe this could be your reason.

Will try that Rosey. I am also trying AY's tip of sleeping on the other side if I can. My right eye spends several hours a night squished into a pillow.

Very interesting, spotted this on a beaute.ie blog I read.

Previous incarnations of RevitaLash contained a prostaglandin analogue - similar to bimatoprost, the active ingredient in Latisse – and could therefore claim to boost eyelash growth. It was reformulated after a skirmish over patent infringement and now the manufacturer’s promise is simply that the infusion of powerful peptides and soothing botanicals together with a mysterious proprietary blend of proven functional cosmetic ingredients in RevitaLash Advanced will beautify and nourish the eyelashes.

She is testing the new version(wonder if that is the one QVC UK are selling? If so it no longer has the magic ingredient which was proven.:wait:

Previous incarnations of RevitaLash contained a prostaglandin analogue - similar to bimatoprost, the active ingredient in Latisse – and could therefore claim to boost eyelash growth. It was reformulated after a skirmish over patent infringement and now the manufacturer’s promise is simply that the infusion of powerful peptides and soothing botanicals together with a mysterious proprietary blend of proven functional cosmetic ingredients in RevitaLash Advanced will beautify and nourish the eyelashes.

She is testing the new version(wonder if that is the one QVC UK are selling? If so it no longer has the magic ingredient which was proven.:wait:
It is the new one Q is selling now. I remember at the start i got one, then she said the newer one was was an advanced one, so
if thats so, then its doing nowt :angry:

Weathergirl, I say if you are gonna squish your face in the pillow, let it be a silk pillowcase. Decadent! but I find my hair less tangled and it's supposed to be good for the skin/wrinkles. Ooh OurDonna, you are good to us! What spiel will LaLaLashes come out with now? I bet she's rehearsing in front of the mirrors right now. Plural, 'cause I don't think she has just the one mirror. {"Mee-ow" Snarly is VerrryNaughtyToday}

And another thing! Not that I would spend £120 on that shampoo ... but I did spend £25 for 2 supplements (B-complex100, MSM) and am having great results. My hair was coming out so much, I dreaded combing it. Took a couple of weeks, but hardly any hairs shed now. Chronic illness is the 'root' cause [sorry!], I thought a KyleKain wig was next. x HappySnarly =^.^=

I've tried just about every eyelash enhancer out there (with the exception of Revitalash and Latisse) and although I have good results with conditioning products like Talika and even castor oil, nothing will grow them unless it has the "magic" ingredient, Bimatoprost.

I'm still using it in the dropper-bottle glaucoma med form (Careprost) that I had for $5 from Alldaychemist.com a while back. Their shipping charges are now stupid, though, so I buy in a group from MUA (not just Careprost, but retinol cream and a few other bits and pieces not generally available here).

Just bought Careprost from Pharmacy Geoff £15.20 including postage,not sure how long I will have to wait for delivery.

A quick dash round the Internet seems to show that the reformulation happened in 2008 so it's always been the new formula on QVC. Dolly hasn't been irritating us all for four years surely??

The other possibility is that Q bought up the old stock to flog to its customers :eek:

Get Benefit's new mascara 'They're Real'. The best mascara I've ever used by a long way and really lengthens your lashes. At the moment you get a refill free with it (in Boots anyway). No need for over priced Revitalash.

Latest posts

Back