"If you are over the age of 30"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aldi does a nice body lotion with a pump dispenser. Nivea After-Sun Spray is lightweight and easily absorbed.

I honestly feel one of the biggest cons these beauty houses has visited upon us is the need to use several creams designed for specific areas of the face & neck.
Why encourage the use of just one facial moisturiser used around the orbital eye area, neck and chest when you could rake in the £££ s promoting the use several creams for specific areas of the face & neck?

I actually really hate moisturiser.I hate the feel of it on my skin,and I'm yet to find out of the thousands of high street ones,I try,something that doesn't feel like its just sitting on my skin.I do use one with a "tan" in it for the summer - it looks nice - but it still feels horrible.

I've recently had to go for quite major planned surgery.On the appointments leading up to the surgery,one doctor did comment on how the skin on my arms was so dry - and the surgery was not skin related.It has made me think I ought to use.......I just can't bear the feel.....and theres no way I'm paying £30+ for one!

same here and i thought it was just me - as i said somewhere else, i can't bear feeling greased up. my skin is dry but i personally prefer the feeling of dry skin to that of greased up skin. the proof for me that it just sits there feeling greasy is the fact that the main claim for all moisturisers and hand creams is that they don't!!

I use St tropez body scrub and body moisturiser (have done for years) because I get a spray tan at least once every two weeks (yes I'm tanarexic). :sun:

I got a soap & glory gift set for xmas and I'm loving their 21day moisturiser and eyecream but I agree with minim about neck and throat creams...there's just no need for the extra expense.

The other con they're all so keen on is "layering" product. Erm, it doesn't layer it merges and blends. Thus a super-douper-luxury-pricey serum will be diluted by the next layer of lube you slap on. Why not just use a cheaper, less rich, gunk in the first place?

same here and i thought it was just me - as i said somewhere else, i can't bear feeling greased up. my skin is dry but i personally prefer the feeling of dry skin to that of greased up skin. the proof for me that it just sits there feeling greasy is the fact that the main claim for all moisturisers and hand creams is that they don't!!

You might want to try a shower oil. L'occy do the expensive one on Q but Palmers do a cocoa butter shower/bath oil for under a fiver (Boots, Superdrg etc) and its just as good although does smell of choccy. Just use it in the shower instead or after shower gel and dry yourself as usual. It moisturises without feeling like you have something on your skin.
Good for the hairy ones amongst us, as well as those who don't like feeling clammy.

I moisturise my entire body (including my feet) every single day. It wouldn't occur to me not to moisturise my face, so why should I treat the skin on my body in a different way?

All is not lost forumlites.
I have developed a fabulous facial cream like no other you have ever used or dreamt of.

I have called it A'Sectwe* and it contains Ad Re Purl ⓅⓁ* which will lift & tone tired skin giving it an inner glow.
You will also receive a unique gauge or lobsluck* which you may use to judge the "lift" A'Sectwe* will give you for yourself.

Destructions - Apply morning & night.

Ingredients:
Ad Re Purl ⓅⓁ*
Dense Tiring
Dings Entire
Dins Treeing
Intenser Dig
Rending Ties
Stringed En I

All is not lost forumlites.
I have developed a fabulous facial cream like no other you have ever used or dreamt of.

I have called it A'Sectwe* and it contains Ad Re Purl ⓅⓁ* which will lift & tone tired skin giving it an inner glow.
You will also receive a unique gauge or lobsluck* which you may use to judge the "lift" A'Sectwe* will give you for yourself.

Destructions - Apply morning & night.

Ingredients:
Ad Re Purl ⓅⓁ*
Dense Tiring
Dings Entire
Dins Treeing
Intenser Dig
Rending Ties
Stringed En I

God it sounds amaaaze! Like ancient Native American Indian remedies crossed with the latest Scandinavian skincare science. Is it really really expensive cos if so I want some.

I want some to put on my bathroom window sill in a fancy bottle with a bow. Not to use you understand, just to look good. I'll pay mega bucks.

That Daily Mail article is utter tosh. The immune system does not start in the gut. The immune system is housed within the lymphatic system which includes lymph nodes, lymphatic vessels, small blood vessels and the spleen. There is some lymphoid tissue in the lining of the digestive tract (which is a gateway to the gut), lungs and airways but it is completely erroneous to say the immune system starts in the gut. I would not attach any credibility to this article.

All you need is (pure) water which not only detoxes the body but hydrates the skin. Helps weight loss and help prevent other life threatening illnesses.

100% better than soft drinks full of man made garbage toxins such as aspartame, sucralose and any other 'sweetners', 10 spoonfuls of sugar coke, tea, coffee, wine and beer which don't help the skin or body.

Sure, the odd tipple of booze is okay I guess, all down to moderation.

But I challenge anyone on here to try drinking just water on its own for a month and see the benefits. I've scrapped all booze and softdrinks for the past three months and have never looked or felt better. It does work.

I don't get why people buy these expensive products to 'cover up' a problem when you could sort it there and then by changing your diet and doing a little bit of exercise.... simples! and p.s. to anyone who says they don't have the time - most gym's open at 6.30am :tongue: Running round the estate is free last time I checked too.

Last edited:
Because the beauty product industry (and shops) would not make any money from your advice.

That Daily Mail article is utter tosh. The immune system does not start in the gut. The immune system is housed within the lymphatic system which includes lymph nodes, lymphatic vessels, small blood vessels and the spleen. There is some lymphoid tissue in the lining of the digestive tract (which is a gateway to the gut), lungs and airways but it is completely erroneous to say the immune system starts in the gut. I would not attach any credibility to this article.

i hadn't read it but just did and i agree. a load of new-age pseudo-science mumbo jumbo.

All you need is (pure) water which not only detoxes the body but hydrates the skin. Helps weight loss and help prevent other life threatening illnesses.

100% better than soft drinks full of man made garbage toxins such as aspartame, sucralose and any other 'sweetners', 10 spoonfuls of sugar coke, tea, coffee, wine and beer which don't help the skin or body.

Sure, the odd tipple of booze is okay I guess, all down to moderation.

But I challenge anyone on here to try drinking just water on its own for a month and see the benefits. I've scrapped all booze and softdrinks for the past three months and have never looked or felt better. It does work.

I don't get why people buy these expensive products to 'cover up' a problem when you could sort it there and then by changing your diet and doing a little bit of exercise.... simples! and p.s. to anyone who says they don't have the time - most gym's open at 6.30am :tongue: Running round the estate is free last time I checked too.

Got any friends left?

Latest posts

Back