I wish Rocks would standardise the rules!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The idea of having to be around to claim your prize is obviously that if you're watching, you're more likely to buy something...They're not going to give away stuff to people who just log on for the chance of getting something for nothing and go and do something else...

So I think it's a sound idea from a business point of view. Possibly Emma just didn't realise the way it works, or no-one explained it to her - it's not after all, the main focus of Rocks trading! (There must be a million things to remember.) She was caught on the hop when everyone protested and had to hold her corner.

I agree the rules should be consistent, but it is after al, only a freebie...

BTW have you noticed it's not the usual Rocks stuff that's given away - the prize items don't come up in the auctions...

I think I heard Steve say once they are samples Jacky, some go onto production but some don't, they dont come with cards or anything.

This must be a new rule that Steve has introduced because I'm sure I can remember several posts on here of people receiving surprise deliveries, so they were unaware that they had won something.
I am only able to dip in and out fleetingly most of the time with the sound off or down low, so with the new rule I won't have a chance eventhough I buy regularly - still, nothing new there, I would have been amazed if I'd won anything anyway.

Someone won earlier in the day, and didn't respond immediately, but it transpired that they were having major problems with the site, and knew they had won, but their chatbox had disappeared. The did finally manage to respond, but in the meantime, people were asking that Emma re-run the comp.

Perhaps the other winner was having the same problems? I know if I had won, and couldn't respond because the chatbox had disappeared, (which happens all the time at my end) I would have been really disappointed to have missed out through no fault of my own.

:doggie:

Someone won earlier in the day, and didn't respond immediately, but it transpired that they were having major problems with the site, and knew they had won, but their chatbox had disappeared. The did finally manage to respond, but in the meantime, people were asking that Emma re-run the comp.

Perhaps the other winner was having the same problems? I know if I had won, and couldn't respond because the chatbox had disappeared, (which happens all the time at my end) I would have been really disappointed to have missed out through no fault of my own.

:doggie:

I totally agree Mad4Gems sometimes there are good reasons why people dont respond straight away. Over the last few months, since Rocks has started I have realised that no matter what Rocks do for us some one will moan. I for one appreciate all that Rocks do and I wish people would quit all the moaning and appreciate what a good team they are.

Emma has just said she didn't know the rules that Steve was using and apologised that people got upset by how she ran the giveaways yesterday but from today she will be doing it the same way as Steve.

Latest posts

Back