I ordered Emjoi Total Concept Epilator - I HAVE INGROWING HAIRS ON MY LEGS!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How can i get rid of this! lol

You could:
a) Send it back to QVC or
b) Throw it in the bin?

Oh, I see, you mean the hairs......? lol
Seriously though LL16, stop using the blerdy epilator if you think that might be causing it, ingrowing hairs can be very painful & become very painfully infected, not nice at all! :(
(I've heard this quite a lot re. epilators, have a google & see if there's any info on it, maybe it just doesn't suit you?)

I'm not very scientific LL16 but can only imagine it is leaving part of the hair behind, perhaps broken & damaged? Maybe a better quality one would be more effective? I know Jabba posted about one that she uses a while back, if you have the search facility available to you? :)

Also, if you have the Shavarta pointy tweezers they are good for getting the odd ingrowing hair out but may be a bit painfull if you have loads.

How can i get rid of this! lol

Hi

I also have/had the same problem! I got a product from Skindoctors called 'ingrow go' ,you dab it on areas that are prown to ingrown hair. I had one under my arm that was quite painful, but after a couple of days of putting the product on i managed to get the hair out. unfortunately it doesnt come with a 30 day money back guarantee! - but it does work!

Hi

I also have/had the same problem! I got a product from Skindoctors called 'ingrow go' ,you dab it on areas that are prone to ingrown hair. I had one under my arm that was quite painful, but after a couple of days of putting the product on i managed to get the hair out. unfortunately it doesnt come with a 30 day money back guarantee! - but it does work!
I just logged on to recommend this, too. It really worked for me and stopped them happening again.

Last edited:
I have a phillips epilator, which I'm really pleased with. I do find that I am more prone to ingrown hairs than when I waxed. I don't know why that is. I agree with a number of the other posters on here re exfoliating. It definately helps.

thank you guys i exfoliated and used the australian bodycare body lotion. i will do it every day! x

do yourself a massive fabour LL, get thee to Boots and buy a DECENT epilator and I promise that you wont go back, DD seems to think that theres 45% off online too atm. I am just back to the UK so sadly havent had a chance to check this out yet! :dance:

I always use those exfoliating mits in the shower for ingrowing hairs, although never completely free of the blighters. Off to get the 'Skindoctors' product.....!

Hi

I also have/had the same problem! I got a product from Skindoctors called 'ingrow go' ,you dab it on areas that are prown to ingrown hair. I had one under my arm that was quite painful, but after a couple of days of putting the product on i managed to get the hair out. unfortunately it doesnt come with a 30 day money back guarantee! - but it does work!

Thank you i should charge that £10 to QVC!
how does it come out then? how does it work?
I will have to try this

skindoctors instructions

Hi

It is a bottle of liquid with the consistency of nail polisher remover (dont let that put you off) instructions say moisten cotton ball with ingrow go and apply directly to the affected area. Use several days prior to waxing /hair removal. Use ingrow go after you shave or wax. perfect for legs, underarms bikini line, face or anywhere where skin is prone to ingrown hairs and razer bumps. it also says use the product to exfoliate skin that is prone to ingrown hairs.

Somehow the hair seems to straighten and you can get pluck it with tweezers. good luck

scary

Latest posts

Back