I love qvc!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi, am a newbie.:hi: I love QVC land- all nice, shiny, happy presenters bringing us "affordable designer" brands and over priced stuff, some good, often not; it's just pure escapism, and just retuning the telly guarantees the room to myself in the evening- my sons and husband think I'm round the twist, but it's just reward for all the sport that's on the rest of the time!
Todays equivalent to Busby Berkley movies of the last great depression in the 1930's!!

Hi, am a newbie.:hi: I love QVC land- all nice, shiny, happy presenters bringing us "affordable designer" brands and over priced stuff, some good, often not; it's just pure escapism, and just retuning the telly guarantees the room to myself in the evening- my sons and husband think I'm round the twist, but it's just reward for all the sport that's on the rest of the time!
Todays equivalent to Busby Berkley movies of the last great depression in the 1930's!!

Hello Arthursmum, a big warm welcome to you! I agree it is pure escapism and I love it for that too.:wave:

I like it because - - -

1. They have a UK call centre with FREE calls. I have nearly always found them to be very helpful, with only a few exceptions.

2. Introducing me to loads of gadgets, tools, kitchen items etc that I didn't know about before. Wherever possible these days I shop around and buy cheaper elsewhere, but in the past I naively believed what they said about their "buying power" and their TSV's being the lowest prices around.

3. I thank them for taking 1000's of pounds from me (literally) and cluttering up my house with loads of stuff I never use, and in some cases, have never used at all (but that may be useful one day).

4. Selling me rings and jewellery that I never actually wear! But I did have a bargain once on a gold clearance hour, a very heavy gold belcher necklace. Never worn it, but recently saw an identical one (but battered and scratched) in a local second-hand shop for £4500.

5. I've never sent things back because I changed my mind, but have sent numerous items back that were faulty or not as described, and I've always had a return label sent to me and a full refund, inc the original p&p.

I love the value, especially the beauty and nails tsv's. The no quibble mbg is so handy when trying new products. I also like the customer service which is second to none (imo) and free to call.
I don't watch much these days but tend to dip in and out selectively for specific shows such as LG. I have qvc and their guests to thank for my application of make up which has and always is improving.
Even though we all moan on here about various things to do with QVC, I think my overall experience with them over the last ten years has been a positive one and I didn't really think about it until reading this thread!

~ ArthursMum ~

A big, warm, cheery Hello and Welcome from Snarly (waving my paws at ya)

Well what can I say......QVC is a education in itself!

Plus they have introduced me to a couple of special purchases that very likely wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Then there's this forum.......:nod:

I forgot about the call centre.As much as I think its very much "all read from the script" it is easy and quick to phone them.99% of the time,I have got a quick satisfactory answer.I can't say that for a lot of companies.

But I did have a bargain once on a gold clearance hour, a very heavy gold belcher necklace. Never worn it, but recently saw an identical one (but battered and scratched) in a local second-hand shop for £4500.

I thought gold would be shooting up in value at the moment, what with Greece likely to come out of the Euro, and problems in Spain etc.

In newsnight yesterday about Greece, they said that "only idiots wouldn't be moving their money to something safer", and they showed gold bars.

But actually, the gold price is falling, and is much lower now than it was earlier this year.

If it goes back up, I may sell this necklace.

Last edited:
I thought gold would be shooting up in value at the moment, what with Greece likely to come out of the Euro, and problems in Spain etc.

In newsnight yesterday about Greece, they said that "only idiots wouldn't be moving their money to something safer", and they showed gold bars.

But actually, the gold price is falling, and is much lower now than it was earlier this year.

If it goes back up, I may sell this necklace.

To buy..... more gadgets!!!!????

Oh No! We must all love something about it or we wouldn't be buying from them, or watch QVC, or be on here - surely?

OK I'll be one voice, singing in the darkness...(must stop watching only fools & horses).

I love the following:-

1. The fact that I went through a period of depression where I really let myself go, and it really was watching the beauty shows and all the beauty products that made me take an interest in my appearance again (the depression was treated medically) - and now I am the fully skincared, overmade up, fragipani scented, broke woman you see before you!
2. That it is safe TV with people prattling on in the background gently (apart from DIY drilling - urgh) whilst I am pottering around. Also my cocker spaniel listens to it when I am out (for company), although she has ordered quite a lot of diamonique of late.
3. I love the fact that I don't have to push and shove in town to come back dusty and pooped with a couple of items, and that it is all delivered to my door (albeit late!).
4. The excitement of opening the parcels.
5. Getting my Christmas presents early and effortlessly is fabby.
6. The TSVs for beauty and nails.

I think I may have started the most lonely thread on the site. Well, if it went forever today I would miss it....OK back to the skanky candles I knew I shouldn't have started on those diesel ones tonight!!

(do I win a smartie for bravery?!?)

Two smarties even!
I can relate to all of that! don't like it, but have to watch. it is good undemanding company when you only have the dogs for company, and as you say, buy stuff I did not know I needed, but I am diamoneeked, bobbibrowned, bare mineraled and lotsof other stuff I did not even know existed. happy shopper when I can afford it, even when I can't, but wish they would do some decent clothes. cotton traders here I come!

I've moaned about them too but on the whole I'm mostly happy with the things I've bought.
They've introduced me to beauty brands I wouldn't have bought. Even if they're ones I've heard of, like Decleor, I doubt if I'd have braved the intimidating shop assistants or paid the prices if they weren't on TSV.
I've bought lots of jewellery in the past, not so much these days as I don't think the quality or value is there now, which I would not have done in a shop.
And I can be very seduced by an appealing Charlie Bear, which I just can't buy locally.

I've rarely been tempted by the clothes, bar one or two Kim tops, and the technology bores me rigid. The gardening shows just drive me nuts with the wrong information & grossly inflated prices.

Latest posts

Back