I love qvc!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

speckledhen

Registered Shopper
:heart::heart::heart:

Lets have a QVC love-in (no, it does not involve car keys in a bowl).

What do you love about QVC, and what would you miss if it went forever today?

SpeckledHen, sweetheart, open all the doors and windows, the fumes from your candles are making you hallucinate. Time to shut down the R&D lab (research/development). You may also need some intervention from us here on the forum. We're here for you, hun.

I really like being able to use make up and especially skin care and send it back if I do not like it. I love make up & skin care, and has saved many expensive mistakes
Makes Christmas/brithday shopping easy if you know that people like specific things you can get on QVC

and last but not least: I love the way QVC can persuade me to buy things I did not even realize I needed - again, good thing for the 30 day back money guarantee - seriously though: need a new hoover, and really wanted to little dyson, so pleased I did not bother reading the reviews, but how great to be able to use a hoover and try it and then decide if that is the one for you?

I love all of it - it's sheer comedy!

If it went ..... :eek: .... what would we talk about on here

Oh No! We must all love something about it or we wouldn't be buying from them, or watch QVC, or be on here - surely?

OK I'll be one voice, singing in the darkness...(must stop watching only fools & horses).

I love the following:-

1. The fact that I went through a period of depression where I really let myself go, and it really was watching the beauty shows and all the beauty products that made me take an interest in my appearance again (the depression was treated medically) - and now I am the fully skincared, overmade up, fragipani scented, broke woman you see before you!
2. That it is safe TV with people prattling on in the background gently (apart from DIY drilling - urgh) whilst I am pottering around. Also my cocker spaniel listens to it when I am out (for company), although she has ordered quite a lot of diamonique of late.
3. I love the fact that I don't have to push and shove in town to come back dusty and pooped with a couple of items, and that it is all delivered to my door (albeit late!).
4. The excitement of opening the parcels.
5. Getting my Christmas presents early and effortlessly is fabby.
6. The TSVs for beauty and nails.

I think I may have started the most lonely thread on the site. Well, if it went forever today I would miss it....OK back to the skanky candles I knew I shouldn't have started on those diesel ones tonight!!

(do I win a smartie for bravery?!?)

Oh Minim and Wildrose - thank-you (I felt a bit like a freakazoid for a second there!) well more than I usually do - lol

SpeckledHen, sweetheart, open all the doors and windows, the fumes from your candles are making you hallucinate. Time to shut down the R&D lab (research/development). You may also need some intervention from us here on the forum. We're here for you, hun.

Come on Snarly, feel the QVC love!! Its so cool dude, these marker-pen skanky candles are the bomb....:rock:

I like the demonstrations ie: kitchen, love my induction hob and CE pans. Like it delivered to my home. Like the 30 day MBG. Like the UK-based call centre. Like the free telephone lines. Like SW jewellery. Like LGrenier organising stuff. Like LG make-up and the lady herself. I have more nail polish and toiletries than if I had to carry them home myself. I am creative, but I think there are too many cardmaking shows and not enough other handiwork shows eg: sewing/knitting/painting. What are we all doing awake at 2:30 in the morning? Oh yeah, I would miss the 24/7 broadcasts. And I'd miss seeing Pippa's many-coloured hairdos.

Things I :heart:about QVC are

1) The beauty shows - introducing me to new brands and the skincare tips I have picked up over the years. I now tell all my friends the virtures of a sunscreen, make primer, eye serum and cream etc. When my friends or colleagues want to buy skin care or make up they come and ask me for advice.

2) The easy pay options which have started my addiction to Lulu Guinness Handbags. I now of course wait for the Lulu Guinness sale and buy the bags directly from her shop.

3) Making me want to buy things that I didn't even realise I needed but must have.

4) Thirty day money back gaurantee which I can use as an excuse and tell hubby that the item I bought if not suitable I can return it for a refund so I am not wasting money.

5) If there is nothing to watch on tv I always switch on QVC.

i love qvc. been watching it since day one. its always on in the background and keeps me company i suppose. like the beauty hours and the jewellery the most but most if not all rooms have something from qvc.

Of course I love QVC! There's very little about QVC I don't like if I'm honest. You'll probably notice from my contributions that the usual gripes with QVC don't bother me. the presenters rarely get on my wick, the postage costs don't put me off, I've never had something that's clearly second-hand.

Above all else I am a "magpie". Oh I do love a bit of sparkle. And QVC has allowed me to indulge my passion for jewellery. I would say 80% of all my purchases have been jewellery. I don't really buy much else.

Of course I buy the odd bit of fashion ... sometimes odder than I'd hoped! ... and I've bought a few handbags, skincare, make up and nail polish. With a random bit of kitchen stuff thrown in.

Yes I'd miss it if it devilled off into the sunset.

I like QVC (why do I feel vaguely ashamed saying that?) too. There are aspects of it I don't like but as this is a positive thread, here goes.

They introduced me to Bobbi Brown, Liz Earle, l'Occitane, Decleor and Elemis and others. I knew of these brands but had previously only seen them in posh shops or huge department stores and I was too cowardly to go up to the counters, they seem so intimidating to little ol' me! I am 50 and also struggling with depression and had lost my way with makeup and skincare. QVC allowed me to investigate and find out more about the products so I feel more confident about shopping now and about myself. Unfortunately for QVC I now usually buy makeup and skincare elsewhere now unless it's an amzing TSV...oh dear now I feel guilty!!

Also I like the 30 day money back thing, luckily only had to send 1 item back so far.

I use QVC as a sort of screensaver for the house, it's usually babbling away in the background, I don't often sit and actually watch it. Oh and as I don't sleep well I enjoy the TSV launches at midnight. I'm probably going to sound a bit weird when I confess that when I'm having a bad depression day I find it comforting to dip into happy sunny QVC-land where all is well and happiness abounds!

I have a love/hate relationship with QVC. I have purchased the beauty products from them for years having originally bought them from the likes of space NK, major department stores and in Elemis spa's when I have visited I can't believe I actually did that!) As I already knew about Bobbi Brown, Liz Earle, Eve Lom, Molton Brown and Aveda I recognised the good value for money, I also love them for introducing me to kipling bags, Tig bags and Kim & co tops and maxi dresses. Oh and not to forget Laura Geller, smashbox and BE. I know there has been some trial and error in the past, but now I have it down to a T, and now my purchases are good ones.

The "hate" ( though I hate that word) I won't go into here but you know the stuff that's regularly complained about on this forum.

I love it because of all the beauty products it has introduced me to that I would never have thought of trying. My hair & skin are in fabulous condition because of the products I have used from them. I have not brought hair or skincare from the high street for over 15 years now.

And QVC can be very entertaining at times & has given me some good laughs over the years. Keeps me company as on in the background although mostly with the sound off :sad:

I suppose I must love QVC as I seem to have watched it for ever. I don't watch as much as I used to. I think they 'qvc' quite like me too as I have had an invitation to join the QVC lounge, I have no idea what that is all about, and have not taken up the offer yet. It would be rather quite on here if we didn't have qvc.

I think most of us have a love/hate relationship with Q.Years ago I must have been one of the 'leaders' of the fan group!Now I am more choosey although I have to come clean & admit to a splurge on Diamoneeek Day but over 50% of my purchases have been returned.I have in the past had some very good items & many many that I wouldn't have gone into a shop & bought ( that is not a good thing!) Like a lot of you there are few days when it is not on the telly in the background, this is a real reflection of mainstream TV!!!Just 'trying things out' is an advantage although it has to be kept to a minimum with the cost of P&P & of returning.Mmmmmm looking at Lola Rose @ the moment--- a test of my resolve.

My DH is a shift worker,my kids are teenagers.I like QVC babbling away in the background,in what would be a very quiet house.I am trying to stop this a little bit,as the more I watch,does mean the more I buy.

I think my brain uses it like a relax tool - I have quite a hectic job and I use QVC to "switch off".I too suffer with sleep,and "use" QVC to help me get off to sleep at night.

Again I too am a bit intimidated by the beauty stand consultants,its allowed to try products that I would have liked to try in the past but would never buy in dept stores.

I enjoy hearing some of the history of some of the brands.

Although QVC is very expensive,if you get what you want on a OTO,bargain hunter,free delivery etc promotion,then it can be worth it.

I like to see all the new trends and colours in brands ie kipling and jewellery.Unless I watched QVC I wouldn't have a clue how old a kipling colour really is in a store and should I be paying full price for it.

I moan about all the things wrong with QVC and I still stand by that.....but I'd miss QVC if it was taken away from me.Although my DH and bank balance wouldn't!!!

I love the fact the presenters are always cheery and are so 'nice to me' (ok I know they're only after my dosh but even so..) Being a skin care junkie I love being shown new skin care and make up and being able to try it out. I love the fact it's always available to switch on (even in the middle of the night when I can't sleep) I love Qvc because it brought me to this wonderful forum where we can take the P out of it (but still watch it and buy stuff!) I just LOVE everything about QVC!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

Latest posts

Back