I don't understand Bibi Bijoux

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamonds

Registered Shopper
I just don't seem to understand such high prices for this brand .Its not silver and I can't seem to justify such prices for something that looks kind of clunky jewellery .

Like the guest says ... it's a load of balls... it goes to show QVC can and do sell anything to the gullible. I have seen better/nicer and a lot cheaper on the market stalls...

Like the guest says it's a load of balls... it goes to show QVC can and do sell anything to the gullible. I have seen better/nicer and a lot cheaper on the market stalls...

Don't you mean a load of baws Kathy?

:mysmilie_17:

I like the style but prefer silver and neater, more refined designs. I'm a bit like a broken record here as I keep recommending Annie Haak. Worth a look if you quite like Bibi Bijoux but its not really what you want.

Not a fan, don't like hearts on jewellery. I remember in the local market their is a stand with a woman making jewellery very similar to Bibi. She will make you the length you want and put the charms you want on. She charged around £25 for her bracelets.

I think it's grossly overpriced for what it is.
I've seen things that a family member has bought from Primark for very little money that have the same look.

I know everyone has to make a profit, but when you see the promo of ladies making the jewellery, there are boxes and boxes around them of all their 'findings'. The charms used in their jewellery are probably bought for a few pounds per THOUSAND pieces so taking out the labour costs, a bracelet may only actually cost less then £3 in items used.

I used to buy similar charms and findings off Ebay when I did my jewellery making course. It must cost them pennies to produce this stuff and they`ll probably bulk buy from China.

That's probably the only truthful line ever spoken on QVC "it's balls!" In my opinion it's very expensive costume jewellery were the "designer" name is only known by QVC customers.

Who's going to speak up in its defence then? I remember another thread about BB where people were clamouring to say how much it was worth paying the price and how much they loved it. I personally think it's grossly overpriced for what it is and they're selling a name.

Who's going to speak up in its defence then? I remember another thread about BB where people were clamouring to say how much it was worth paying the price and how much they loved it. I personally think it's grossly overpriced for what it is and they're selling a name.

I`ll knock up a few dozen with my Ebay mass produced Chinese charms and findings, then flog them for 100 times the cost and call them the " Saw you coming range " !

Those people are at work earning the money to buy them!

I have one Bibi necklace that I bought from a friend and one bracelet bought as a gift. I like and have worn the necklace but contrary to their claims it has tarnished quite badly and it is now a light gold colour rather than silver. The bracelet hasn't tarnished. But I haven't worn it very much as its a bit chunky for my liking and I have sterling silver bead bracelets that I prefer. I love the bead bracelets and wear a mix of silver, gold and rose gold most days.

One of the positive comments about Bibi is that its weighty. And it is, I can't argue with that but once its on the weight is irrelevant to how it "wears".

I personally prefer precious metal jewellery. Even expensive costume jewellery often goes funny and if you love the piece its just so disappointing.

QVC isn't the only stockist of this brand; there are a few online sellers plus it used to be sold in House of Fraser... so, it's not just Q customers that buy it.

I personally avoid base metal costume jewellery unless I need something for a one-off outfit where I have nothing else already. I just don't want to pay good money for something that won't stand the test of time.

For the same reason, I'm not buying any Lola Rose that has metal beads as they will tarnish and then the item is ruined. LR has some pretty expensive 'boutique' items at the moment so other brands are also 'guilty' but someone must be buying the stuff as they are now heading more towards this trend.

I guess some people like to live in the moment and buy high fashion items for just a season - the same goes for clothing that is 'now' for about a month before it is 'out' and replaced by the next best thing. Some people buy 'investment pieces' and others just buy for the here and now.

I agree with the original post, I don't get it either so you're not alone. There is no way on this earth, I will pay these prices for costume jewellery, I don't care how well it's made or whether it's hand made or factory made - it's tat at the end of the day, I think this is aimed at young folk, who seem to have the money to throw away. I personally prefer some substance and quality to my jewellery, but for me it's very sad that it seems in recent years ~Q sell silver metal look, or proper silver, which I don't like, I am a yellow gold fan, always was, always will be.

I think it's s pity too that Honora seems to be going the same way, using bronze & stainless steel instead of silver.
If you ever decide to sell your items of jewellery the stones, unless they are top, top quality diamonds, emeralds etc seem to count for very little as it's the weight of precious metal that mostly determines what you'll get. No use depending on design much either as in the antique or second hand market fashion can come & go with shocking speed.

I think most of the stuff qvc sells today is tat ...be the clothes or jewellery .I have been with them from almost day one and have picked up some lovely jewellery earlier for good price .Now all I see is costume jewellery for exorbitant prices .If I like something I try to research it and see if I get it elsewhere ,Most of the time this channel bores me .Nothing interesting to be had .Only few branded jewellery pieces I buy .Clothes I think is better on high street or online shops .quite a few of what they sell is cheaper on Amazon and eBay .Same old stuff they dish out .certain shows I hate are the costume jewellery ones and def Yong Kim .No idea whether my taste has changed or don't want to throw money on dish cloth .

I don't get it either. And some of the Frank Usher pieces today are also horrible and cheap looking. The perfume bottle necklace is like something from a child's dressing up box.

Latest posts

Back