I am confused

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I pass the time playing “I spy the lockdown hair/haircut”. Mr L says perhaps their daughter/mother is a hairdresser. All I can say is that we must have turned into a nation of hairdressers if so many people have bubble relations who can cut and colour hair.

Freedom is wasted on a lot of people.

It’s just that in these days people are careful to point out if programmes were filmed before Covid restrictions were in place, or were filmed following Covid rules. I don’t post photos on Social Media but if I did post a photograph of me with my girls on Mother’s Day I think I would have pointed out it was a previous get together. I hasten to add, Debbie Flint is perfectly within her rights not to do that if she chooses just as it’s my right to suggest it may have been a good idea in our present circumstances.

Yes I agree, I think most people would emphasise if a photo was taking before lockdown, Tiers and restrictions, because I doubt anyone would want to be seen as breaking rules and putting others at risk, so if Fibby Flint hasn’t done that, I think it’s safe to say it was a picture taken this Mother’s Day.

And then there’s the narcissistic side of DF, the DF who thinks bollocks to everyone, I can do what I want.

Ruth and Helene Berman both have hair that hardly moves, but Helenes is so much prettier. Ruth should dump Maurice and ask Helene for a referral to her hairdresser.
Didn't someone on here say that Ruth had 'extensions' ? I wonder if her hair is so fine / thin that its impossible to be swishy - at that length anyway, so her little enhancements help to give volume only.

My hair has been thinning for years, but its shoulder length, I keep it blonde, and only looks reasonably swishy the day its washed. If Ruth looks like this at 60, what on earth is she going to look like at my age - 72 ???

I was on the bus (for a necessary journey) on Friday.

Everyone has to wear masks, and sit on alternate rows of seats, so people are spaced 2 rows apart.

I was upstairs, and noticed a couple get on, fully masked.

Then they came upstairs and sat in the NEXT row of seats to me, even though every other seat was empty!

They then promptly took of their masks, and began jabbering non-stop to each other.

I was going to say something to them, but all their jabbering was in a foreign language (it sounded eastern European to me) so I didn't, because of possible language difficulties.

Obviously they had no understanding about WHY we had to wear masks, but just put them on for a few seconds so that the driver would let them on the bus.
They do understand they just don't care. I work with alot and they don't believe there is a pandemic. Most are young though and they feel safe as they're not vulnerable...or so they think this virus has no preference.

I pass the time playing “I spy the lockdown hair/haircut”. Mr L says perhaps their daughter/mother is a hairdresser. All I can say is that we must have turned into a nation of hairdressers if so many people have bubble relations who can cut and colour hair.
A friend's hairdresser works from home and the friend has been twice since the Xmas lockdown to get a cut and colour. Oh, and the hairdresser is one who contacts her.

A friend's hairdresser works from home and the friend has been twice since the Xmas lockdown to get a cut and colour. Oh, and the hairdresser is one who contacts her.
This the one who was playing their trade in the garden?

I have more respect, in a way, for those who are upfront about flouting the rules than those are more sneaky and underhand about it.

Being nosey I had a look at her presenter blog that was posted just before Mothering Sunday last year & she didn't mention seeing her mother, although she said she'd seen her granddaughter the week before, so I'd say that photo was taken last weekend.

I was in Asda last week looking at the Weight Watchers meals when a woman decides to pick that exact time to come and stand right next to me, and I mean right next to, so I thought bugger this and walked up to the husband who was checking out the Pizzas, he couldn’t believe it.

On a lighter note my lovely Forum buddies I’m getting my vaccine next Thursday, 25th at 9.45am, second one is on the 10th June at 9.45am 👏👏👏 the husbands a few weeks behind me. ❤️

Just read the “relaxation rules” for us . Up until 12 April still nothing open will be reviewed then depending on numbers.

Thats another month of house arrest unless you are a golfer that is. What is it about sport that normal rules don’t apply to them, I see football, rugby, snooker, golf onTV continually and it isn’t all pre Covid .

I don't understand why TV slebs are

I don't understand why they're allowed to have different rules to the rest of us. Why can't they just get wigs?
Their heads are too big 🤯

I was in Asda last week looking at the Weight Watchers meals when a woman decides to pick that exact time to come and stand right next to me, and I mean right next to, so I thought bugger this and walked up to the husband who was checking out the Pizzas, he couldn’t believe it.

On a lighter note my lovely Forum buddies I’m getting my vaccine next Thursday, 25th at 9.45am, second one is on the 10th June at 9.45am 👏👏👏 the husbands a few weeks behind me. ❤️
Several months ago a very elderly man got so close to me I asked him if he was planning to get inside my knickers, the girl on the till held it together until he said it was the best offer he'd had in months... Regardless of social distancing requirements we all have a personal space bubble, yet some people don't understand this so I suppose they're the ones who are just carrying on as they always have. I now feel institutionalised by this weird life we're living & can't imagine what it's like to hug anyone, add to that my Mr T had further surgery last Friday so he's got his own exclusion zone & little granddaughter told me last week that she didn't like our house & I'm the wicked stepmother in Cinderella. She's out the will.

Several months ago a very elderly man got so close to me I asked him if he was planning to get inside my knickers, the girl on the till held it together until he said it was the best offer he'd had in months... Regardless of social distancing requirements we all have a personal space bubble, yet some people don't understand this so I suppose they're the ones who are just carrying on as they always have. I now feel institutionalised by this weird life we're living & can't imagine what it's like to hug anyone, add to that my Mr T had further surgery last Friday so he's got his own exclusion zone & little granddaughter told me last week that she didn't like our house & I'm the wicked stepmother in Cinderella. She's out the will.

Aw I know T, it’s a scary world now in more ways than one. I bet you made that fellas day that’s so funny. 😂😂😂

You know what I thought it was Mr Ts op last week, I hope he’s recovering well 🙏❤️

Your granddaughter sounds as funny as her nanny..........wicked stepmother? 😂😂. don’t you just love ‘em. 😂😂❤️🙏 xxx

Aw I know T, it’s a scary world now in more ways than one. I bet you made that fellas day that’s so funny. 😂😂😂

You know what I thought it was Mr Ts op last week, I hope he’s recovering well 🙏❤️

Your granddaughter sounds as funny as her nanny..........wicked stepmother? 😂😂. don’t you just love ‘em. 😂😂❤️🙏 xxx
Thank you lovely ❤️💐❤️He's now had three ops on his left eye, the first retinal repair was done with silicone oil which caused a cataract so that was a second procedure & then last week he was told the the repair needed to be done again. He has a week of having to look face down for 50 minutes in every hour & I have to put in 10 lots of eye drops daily. He's never been asked if there's anyone at home to help do this & bearing in mind that this is something that happens to older people I think most would struggle because all the bottles are tiny, look similar & some of the drops fight hard to stay in them! I've made a chart & tick off each one & set my phone so that they're spaced properly. He's in a real grump & is talking in a pathetic & quivering voice; I prepared him a really pretty tray with his breakfast on it today & all he said was could I make his second croissant warmer than the first, I went into the kitchen & did a silent scream 😱

Thank you lovely ❤️💐❤️He's now had three ops on his left eye, the first retinal repair was done with silicone oil which caused a cataract so that was a second procedure & then last week he was told the the repair needed to be done again. He has a week of having to look face down for 50 minutes in every hour & I have to put in 10 lots of eye drops daily. He's never been asked if there's anyone at home to help do this & bearing in mind that this is something that happens to older people I think most would struggle because all the bottles are tiny, look similar & some of the drops fight hard to stay in them! I've made a chart & tick off each one & set my phone so that they're spaced properly. He's in a real grump & is talking in a pathetic & quivering voice; I prepared him a really pretty tray with his breakfast on it today & all he said was could I make his second croissant warmer than the first, I went into the kitchen & did a silent scream 😱
Sorry to hear your Mr T is still going through the wars. Keep sane, eat cake, drink vino and buy a punchbag for the garage and go give it a good kicking every now and again !

Last week OH's neighbour brought her over a piece of a cake she'd made, and asked if I was there, In which case she would bring another piece for me.

OH said I wasn't, but would be there Friday so she said she would make another cake for me for then.

As it happened, Friday was OH's birthday, but neighbour didn't know that.

Being mother's day last Sunday, there wasn't much choice of birthday cards when I went to buy one last week, as they had mostly been replaced with mother cards.

But I happened to find one that just said "Happy cake day" on the front, which I thought was a bit humorous, hoping that the neighbour would remember MY cake.

It all had a happy ending, because she did bring me my cake (and some for OH of course) :)

They do understand they just don't care. I work with alot and they don't believe there is a pandemic. Most are young though and they feel safe as they're not vulnerable...or so they think this virus has no preference.

They're entitled. The pandemic seems to have brought them all out. I thought rude people were bad but the entitled take the biscuit.

I have had people sit behind in the bus when there are loads of space.

A woman get on the bus pull her mask down under her nose. Yet, when she got off the bus she pulled it up again to cover her nose.

I've not been on a bus much (at all in the last 10 years) but I regularly would take the last bus home on my own. I'd always get the perves come and sit behind me (if I was lucky - some were bold enough to sit next to me).

I probably don't need to say what they were doing but let's just say that type of behaviour is currently in the headlines. I was wary of some of the drivers (who'd offer me a free ride for a kiss or more) but after a few incidents, I wised up and would move into the driver's clear view if I saw a lone man get on.

I wish something would trigger more people to stand up to rule-breakers but I understand why they don't. I'd only stand and loudly say 'dirty old man' if there were other women on the bus.

Latest posts

Back