Hush Your Mouth!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Didn't Craig win the competition to find a new presenter? Did we the viewers vote ? I remember wanting one of the other contestants to win, but I don't mind Craig.

It was supposed to be for a new presenter, they auditioned and the contestants were supposed to be amateurs and new to shopping tv. Craig was already doing the presenter rounds and had worked on several shopping channels including Ibuy, so he had lots of experience, something the other contestant didn't have.............oh that and he was a good friend of Debbie Flints.

It was supposed to be for a new presenter, they auditioned and the contestants were supposed to be amateurs and new to shopping tv. Craig was already doing the presenter rounds and had worked on several shopping channels including Ibuy, so he had lots of experience, something the other contestant didn't have.............oh that and he was a good friend of Debbie Flints.

Mmmm, right, okaaay..... as a matter of interest, how do you know these things?

Mmmm, right, okaaay..... as a matter of interest, how do you know these things?

Goodness, you are inquisitive aren't you, I had watched him personally on ibuy, and another one that went bust but the name escapes me. When he won QVCs comp, DF cuddled him when they were on air a day or two after and she said something along the lines of how pleased her good friend won, stating how she'd know him for years, or something like that. I don't make things up Miss Ellie, I don't lie either.

I like Carla and Alison the jewellery guest very much but I'm afraid that both are suffering from overexposure.

Just like the product ranges Q doesn't know when less is more

I Agree, the same can be said for the garden gnome RJ and Lee Holbein...they seem to live at qvc....:mysmilie_59:

I don't know about Craig being a friend of any body,but I remember the competition,it went on for weeks.Craig has been a presenter elsewhere for years but I can't remember the other contestants backgrounds .Maybe he won on merit just by having more experience.

Goodness, you are inquisitive aren't you, I had watched him personally on ibuy, and another one that went bust but the name escapes me. When he won QVCs comp, DF cuddled him when they were on air a day or two after and she said something along the lines of how pleased her good friend won, stating how she'd know him for years, or something like that. I don't make things up Miss Ellie, I don't lie either.

Oh dear Shopperholic, you are touchy aren't you? I haven't accused you of making things up or lying. I am genuinely interested. I hadn't seen Craig before the QVC comp and didn't see the cuddle and I didn't know he was known to Debbie Flint. I only wanted to know how you knew - that's all!

I'd like to think that Craig won on his own merits. I don't think you'd get a job - or keep a job - anywhere just because you were friends with someone, if you turned out to be poor at it.

I don't think you'd get a job - or keep a job - anywhere just because you were friends with someone, if you turned out to be poor at it.

This goes on in every sector of employment! Lots of people get jobs because of who they know or who they're related to, it's just the way of the world. If you know someone who's after a new job and there's one going where you work that they're suitable for then you'd recommend it to them! It definitely goes on in the NHS (which I work in), getting promoted via who you know - not necessarily what you know, and that's a huge organisation.

Last edited:
Craig was not an amateur and, by allowing him to enter the competition, QVC was not adhering to it's own t+c. He was not a close friend of Debs, at the time, as far as I am aware.

I'm sure it was Wendy Elsmore who used to appear quite frequently on QVC, and whose college Micael went to for his course.

If you look at the list of tutors at her college (London College of Style), there are other familiar names from fashion shows on QVC... although interestingly, while other telly is cited, no mention of QVC.

Oh dear Shopperholic, you are touchy aren't you? I haven't accused you of making things up or lying. I am genuinely interested. I hadn't seen Craig before the QVC comp and didn't see the cuddle and I didn't know he was known to Debbie Flint. I only wanted to know how you knew - that's all!

Aw no not at all, sorry if it comes across like that, that's the last thing in the world I am :mysmilie_14:

Craig was not an amateur and, by allowing him to enter the competition, QVC was not adhering to it's own t+c. He was not a close friend of Debs, at the time, as far as I am aware.

I'm not really bothered either way to be honest, just stating what she said.

Latest posts

Back