Hugs and Kisses has gone sour. Boo.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dibbles

Registered Shopper
My lovely Judith Williams Hugs and Kisses EDP has gone off, and I wasn't even a quarter of the way through the bottle. I have been keeping it out of direct sunlight so don't know what went wrong.

Can't afford any new perfume at the moment so am very disappointed as I loved it.

Boo.

I have called them and have been told that although the product description says it should last for up to a year when opened, the QVC warrantee is only for 6 months. I have made a note....

My lovely Judith Williams Hugs and Kisses EDP has gone off, and I wasn't even a quarter of the way through the bottle. I have been keeping it out of direct sunlight so don't know what went wrong.

Can't afford any new perfume at the moment so am very disappointed as I loved it.

Boo.
That is sad, especially if you really liked it :sad:

I have looked at my account and got it in July 2011. Would that be too long?
It depends who answers you I think. The "job worthy" ones will say, you have had it over 6 months:sad:. The nicer ones will say, it is under a year, I will send you a self addressed slip.:clapping:
Give them a call and I hope you get a nice Customer Service person , at least you will know one way or another.

Perfume shouldn't go off that quick surely? Donna is our resident perfume guru and I'm sure she will know. Regardless of how much I liked it I wouldn't buy it again if it went off that quick. I normally have two or three different perfumes on the go and I know I don't use them up within a year. My Eau Dynamissante has to be two or three years old. That's a real shame.

That is very strange especially as you have kept it out of direct sunlight. Air,sunlight and heat are the enemy. Some natural brands can turn, but I have Honore des Pres a French natural brand which SpaceNK sold off for £12 a bottle they had been £96 two years ago. They are still good.

I would if possible contact Judith Williams, doesn't she have a Facebook page? Or the address on the box. Say this is the first time this has happen to you and how disappointed you feel.

Order it again and return the "off" one. Assuming you don't fall foul of the un-written 50% usage rule, use their own 30 day mbg against them if they won't do the right thing! I have some ancient perfumes that are still fine so 11 months is not a reasonable length of time for it to go off. I've talked qvc into refunding electrical good that have failed just outside 12months old because it's reasonable to expect a TV to function for longer than 14 months.

Jude xx

Akimbo/Jude now that really genuinely made me laugh out loud. It was more of an evil cackle if I'm honest. I'd never have thought of that. I bow in the presence of a sneaky genius.

I like to call it "the Switch" but obviously this has never been done by me or anyone I know, it's simply a theoretical course of action posted to prompt further discussion. Init!

Jude xx

Please explain the Tea bag thing. I thought someone had left one in a bag by accident that they had then returned. I take a couple of tea bags to work with me! Are you saying the tea bag is put in as some kind of "sign"?

Please explain the Tea bag thing. I thought someone had left one in a bag by accident that they had then returned. I take a couple of tea bags to work with me! Are you saying the tea bag is put in as some kind of "sign"?

Yes it's sort of a joke. Presumably someone did find a teabag in a QVC item. QVC say that they sell only new items but in reality they are sending out customer returns. So if you put a teabag in a pocket and they don't check before sending the item out to another customer, the new customer will receive the teabag which will indicate to them that the item is not new.

Perfume should last longer than this. I'd press on with contacting customer services.

Donna?? Advice on storing perfume: is putting keeping it in its box in a dark clothes closet enough? Or do you go one step further and store the box in a plastic bag to lessen exposure to air? Just wondering! (Apologies for veering from the thread!)

I was going to add: Wear it! Don't put it too far away, inaccessible and save it for "best" ...I think the same is true of beautiful cosmetics or clothing. It's a shame to keep things locked away waiting for that special occasion. I'd wear perfume every day if I could!

Jude xx

curabeauty.com is the UK Judith Williams website. It might be worth dropping them an email explaining that QVC aren't being helpful and see what they say. They don't really have any obligation to step in where QVC have let you down but you never know. I'd still get back on to QVC first stating that the perfume was faulty and unfit for purpose, the accepted shelf-life of a 100ml fragrance being longer than 12 months I believe.

Jude xx

PS the website has an offer of 100ml LLB day cream free with purchases over £20 (probably because the packaging has changed).

I agree with the use it wear it principle. I only
ever use Chanel No 5 and it never goes off. If you think
about stocking perfume they do not put
the boxes away at night in stores and shops
so it should last 6 months plus. A rip off otherwise.

That is why Flying Pigs many are wary of buying from Boots and department stores. They have been sitting under the hot lights for who knows how long? Of course the stores will say but we have a big turn over in say No5, how can they know how long one bottle in particular has been sitting.

Read ebay and you get the stored in a dark place from most perfume sellers.

Latest posts

Back