How much are those perfumes peter?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
That scruffy old queen... Peter Shitlock on air again right now selling unbranded perfumes.

"These perfume's sell at £40 each... that's their recommended retail price" - well that's not how much they sell for you dirty old conman, that's just what your friends who have created them, try to fob them off as being worth.

And what's the point of Mark Stewart sitting there, when Shitlock constantly takes over with quantity and caller updates, isn't he suppose to just be the so called guest expert????

That scruffy old queen... Peter Shitlock on air again right now selling unbranded perfumes.

"These perfume's sell at £40 each... that's their recommended retail price" - well that's not how much they sell for you dirty old conman, that's just what your friends who have created them, try to fob them off as being worth.

And what's the point of Mark Stewart sitting there, when Shitlock constantly takes over with quantity and caller updates, isn't he suppose to just be the so called guest expert????

Are those the Laurelle perfumes?

Yes Momma, whose perfumes can only be found on their own website....

I saw Mikeyboy and Helen knock a couple of hundred Laurelle aftershaves out last night and he was making much of the fact that the price wasn't a sticker but part of the box. 'So if you give as a gift, they think you've spent £40' :thinking:

There were two. Mikey likes to smell good apparently but he doesn't use them. He would put one of them fourth on his list and the other, he failed to say where on the list that would be :giggle:

it's a bit sad Peter Sherlock has gone down the same path as Mike Mason and Peter Simon. I just can't believe what any of them say anymore.

I saw Mikeyboy and Helen knock a couple of hundred Laurelle aftershaves out last night and he was making much of the fact that the price wasn't a sticker but part of the box. 'So if you give as a gift, they think you've spent £40' :thinking:

There were two. Mikey likes to smell good apparently but he doesn't use them. He would put one of them fourth on his list and the other, he failed to say where on the list that would be :giggle:

To me that would render it "ungiftable"! It's not the sort of thing you'd give to a close friend or relative as the chances are you know what they wear and the sort of thing they like. However,something like this might do for a colleague or minor acquantance, but with the price tag it would either make them feel awkward and embarrassed or they'd realise it was cheap crap and put it in the bric a brac! Might be ok for a secret santa as long as you don't let slip who bought what for whom!

Also leaving a price on a gift, or giving a gift with a price on isn't the "done thing".... it shows carelessness and vulgarity!

I'll give Peter Sherlock some credit here; yesterday an assistant showed some Elizabeth Arden perfume and said that it was still a good deal if you subtracted the p&p and phone call. So at least he's trying his best even if certain others aren't :wink:

To me that would render it "ungiftable"! It's not the sort of thing you'd give to a close friend or relative as the chances are you know what they wear and the sort of thing they like. However,something like this might do for a colleague or minor acquantance, but with the price tag it would either make them feel awkward and embarrassed or they'd realise it was cheap crap and put it in the bric a brac! Might be ok for a secret santa as long as you don't let slip who bought what for whom!

Also leaving a price on a gift, or giving a gift with a price on isn't the "done thing".... it shows carelessness and vulgarity!

Quite

I would have to black marker pen it out or cover it up somehow, spoiling the box in the process

I can understand their thinking on doing this in the 'oh look how much they've spent' way but as you say, a bit vulgar :thinking:

Worse is the raft of brand new, unknown perfumes there bringing in, charging premium prices on the basis of their own opinion that in a few years they'll be a best seller on the high street.

The other Sunday they had some really cheap looking bottles 'Provence et Nature' - check them out on their website, they look like something you get for a couple of quid on the market. But they were hyping it up with some apparent fragrance / beauty journalist (who I could find very little mention of online). Trying to flog 2 for £50!!! They only had 50 but with the big dramatic introduction, they spent nearlly the whole of the first half hour with just the first set - half an hour to sell 50 items, they must have been making a very good margin.

And what's with that presenter turned perforume buyer, was he always such a scally looking but over the top, camp queen? He now has an office job and should stay in the office!

These said perfumes made an appearance in last night's warehouse clearance... poor Peter Shitlock who apparently spent 12 months from discovery to bringing them to our screens for them to début and hit clearance within a month....

These said perfumes made an appearance in last night's warehouse clearance... poor Peter Shitlock who apparently spent 12 months from discovery to bringing them to our screens for them to début and hit clearance within a month....

But, as the presenters are keen to point out, he's on holiday at the moment, so it's OK as long as nobody tells him about it. :bandit: Otherwise, he'd be very upset at seeing these exquisite fragrances in clearance. :headbang:

I actually agree with the points you're making, but please can you stop calling him that? !!!!

But, as the presenters are keen to point out, he's on holiday at the moment, so it's OK as long as nobody tells him about it. :bandit: Otherwise, he'd be very upset at seeing these exquisite fragrances in clearance. :headbang:

Love it!!! Hope he never finds out either. "It's the producer's day off today, lets sell everything really cheap" . Could you imagine if everybody did wtf they wanted on their manager's day off, none of us would have jobs!!!

Sit-up loses yet again. What a crap shopping network :dull:

guys, I don't mind being referred to as scruffy, but old queen is just insulting. I'm openly gay, and don't believe that my sexuality should be used as an insult. I was really happy to be on this site, but that homophobic comment and being referred to as Shitlock is just upsetting and unneccessary. Can you please remember that whenever you criticise people in this manner that it does get to the person... I do my job, and a lot of people get pleasure from our channels.

I'd just like to point out that the name Shitlock refereed purely to the **** that comes out of said guest presenters mouth.

I don't like hurting people but I'm afraid I have no sympathy for someone who quite happily con's people on television.

End of.

No, come on. It's the shopping network that is sh*t but let's not get personal about the poor sods who have to work for them. They don't deserve insults, least of homophobic ones. I mean what has a staff member's sexuality got to do with £7.99 p&p + £1.53 premium rate phonecall charges???

Last edited:
Sorry but, calling someone an 'Old Queen' doesn't seem very homophobic to me. There are FAR more insulting terms.
This word is bandied about far to much now days.

I could be wrong though!...

Sorry but, calling someone an 'Old Queen' doesn't seem very homophobic to me. There are FAR more insulting terms.
This word is bandied about far to much now days.

I could be wrong though!...

I think it depends on the context. The term "old queen" might even be used as a term of endearment between good friends, but here, we're slagging off the workings of a shopping channel and using one of the presenter's sexuality, and appearance as an insult, not only is it irrelevant, it's unkind and shows blatant disregard for the feelings of anyone who reads it. There may well be worse insults.....but does Peter Sherlock, or anyone for that matter, need ANY comment regarding their sexuality?

The "offending" poster has said they don't like hurting people....so why do it? Instead of trying to justify their actions, perhaps a small apology wouldn't have gone amiss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back