How does it work now?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi John,

In our account details on old web there was a question along the lines of "if you don't want your name mentioned tick here". This would place "DNM" by the side of your name for the presenter/producer/director, who would then know not to mention you. I'm not aware that it ever failed. xxxxx
I never knew that Argey. :doh: But I wouldn't have bothered even if I had as there would probably have been a million Sues watching and unless they had said Sue ******* from Putney nobody would have known it was me anyway.

I never knew that Argey. :doh: But I wouldn't have bothered even if I had as there would probably have been a million Sues watching and unless they had said Sue ******* from Putney nobody would have known it was me anyway.

Apart from me! :wink:

Thanks for the feedback John. Great news!

In terms of having a system that gives anonymity, I don't know if it's possible but when people register perhaps there could be a box that gives you the option to have your name withheld? That way, people could manage it themselves when logging in or changing their personal details?

As Argey has said, there was a "do not mention" flag that GemsTV used to have on their system but you had to request it. I'm not sure it was widely known or publicised. Occasionally presenters would mention it by saying "don't worry if you're buying a present for somebody and don't want your name mentioned on air, just tell the call centre" so it's been there for a while I'd think.

Hope that helps.

I suppose I'm a bit paranoid, but I always think of folk in small villages. As so often your name and town is mentioned, it may well be no secret that you are a jewellery collector. Not something that should be common knowledge. xxxxx

Latest posts

Back