Household Helpers TSV 17/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm waiting for the new model with tools due out in the autumn - hopefully qvc will have a well priced tsv for it, though I'm sure it will be more expensive than this one.

I have dogs who have wiry coats that shed, would it be ok for me? I have two Dysons languishing in the shed one mine and the other I inherited from my mother (bet it was only used about a dozen times) and neither will pick up!! I`ve just burned out a Samsung that my son bought me which lasted 4 years, it wasn`t half as expensive as the Dyson`s and performed 100% better! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Check out the reviews on Amazon!! Quite a few saying that hair just gets tangled around the brushes and stops the vacuum operating properly. Apparently it takes 10 minutes to cut off the hair after every use. I was tempted myself but with two hairy monsters and hard floors downstairs I've saved my money.

GTech's own site has an offer which includes an extra battery which they say is worth £69.99. Does anyone have any idea what the average lifespan of these batteries is and where they can be bought? GTech don't have them listed to buy directly from them uness I am looking in the wrong place.

I really meant how long does the battery last before you have to replace it. The battery is not covered by the guarantee so today I have tried to read up about Li-ion batteries but am not any the wiser. I have ordered the TSV but am concerned that in a couple of years or whatever another £70 or so will have to be paid for a replacement battery or even worse, the cleaner will have to be binned because it is not possible to buy a replacement battery - as I said in my original message I can't find it being sold by GTech themselves and I can't find anyone that sells a 22v Li-Ion one apart from eBay.

I've ordered the TSV in spite of Mr Akimbo saying not to buy it until our Oreck bites the dust (which could by 10 years time!), so that'll be fun when it arrives! I'd have thought there'd be a way to order a replacement battery because £160 for a vacuum that is only as good as its battery life is a poor deal. I'll use the 30 day MBG to contact GTECH direct for an answer about this, but if you hear before I do I'd be grateful for the update.

Latest posts

Back