Household Helpers TSV 17/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:tongue:Can all you people with your new gtech's stop showing off as i am still waiting for mine to come and i am not a happy bunny

But think how much we can enthuse when ours arrive. :wink:

Mine's due w/c 1st April (hopefully it won't be affected by the date :eek:) and after reading all these posts I'm really looking forward to it. I've even cleared out the cupboard where I keep my hoovers etc and binned things I no longer want, so it will fit in easily ........... once I've roared round the house with it, of course.

I went for it too and am second advance orders, following this thread with avid interest :) so far so good. Should also arrive soon after my birthday so I look at it as my present, how sad is that.

I'm suprised you fell for that old chestnut BM from your hubbie, men always say things like that.Just think you could be hoovering away happily now if you hadn't of listened to him :happy:

Barbs, you're missing the point of life a bit my love, women are not supposed to enjoy housework - that's why the good lord invented men lol....HE could have been hoovering away happily and if it's a gadget for him can't he make do with a brush and pan ????
:mysmilie_483:

Mine was on advanced order and due to be despatched w/c 1st April, but it arrived this morning. It had enough charge for me to whizz round with it and so far I'm impressed.

I am still impressed with mine and what is more astonishing is that DH is impressed too! It just goes anywhere and has picked up everything brilliantly. Yesterday we had been on a family walk and one of us brought some mud in our shoes so I left the mud to dry for a while and the gTech whizzed it away.

FP, for a minute when I read your post, I thought you were saying that you'd taken it on a walk, now that would have been keen!

I was very tempted but by time I saw it, it was on advanced, advanced orders and I didnt get it. I will consider buying one though, does it actually really groom the carpet? I like something really heavy into the pile, I was a bit scared it would pick up stuff but not clean as good as something with a more powerful roar of an engine. I will keep checking this for peoples opinions.

I'm a bit of a house slut but I do have 5 vacuum cleaners (I think I must be hoping that if there are enough of them that the carpets will get cleaned). The gtech is the newest and is the best. The dyson is too heavy to move around, the twister is a bit of a lightweight cleaning wise. The roomba is okay and sets itself off 3 times a week to clean the living and dining rooms. I used the gtech after the room a had cleaned and was amazed how much dirt came out. The handheld itsnt being used for much except for yesterday when it was used to collect a whole lot of grass seed OH had spilt in garage.

Oh no, thats it, I have to get one. Does it bring the pile up? I was not totally convinced about the power. I wish I had gone for it, they must have sold a lot. It went to advanced, advanced orders and not many times that happens.

I think it brings the pile up on my hallway carpet, not so sure about the bedroom carpet but that's a shorter, more woven pile IYSWIM. I love mine, I batted round the house with it today and I'm sure it's much quicker.

I have a roomba too and I still love it for cleaning without me iloveshopping but the gTech is my favourite. I know it really picks everything up. Just need to be reassured the battery will be OK. Had to search the internet when roomba's battery went.

I was very tempted but by time I saw it, it was on advanced, advanced orders and I didnt get it. I will consider buying one though, does it actually really groom the carpet? I like something really heavy into the pile, I was a bit scared it would pick up stuff but not clean as good as something with a more powerful roar of an engine. I will keep checking this for peoples opinions.

I've already got an Oreck (which is good) and a GTech carpet sweeper but I went for the Air Ram because it's a cordless vacuum cleaner and I was impressed with the demonstrations on QVC. I also read online reviews before buying it.

I did a clean with the Oreck yesterday, but couldn't resist trying the AirRam out when it arrived today. It does bring the pile up really well and I was mortified when I checked what it had picked up. Considering I hoovered yesterday, I could not believe the amount of fluff that it had collected! I'm so delighted with it (having used it again after fully charging it) that I took the boxes down to the tip this afternoon (so I can't send it back) and registered online for the 5 year guarantee.

It was so popular that they might bring it back as another TSV, hopefully at the same price for those who did miss out.

I have a roomba too and I still love it for cleaning without me iloveshopping but the gTech is my favourite. I know it really picks everything up. Just need to be reassured the battery will be OK. Had to search the internet when roomba's battery went.
I'm on my second room one as the first one died (not the battery) after 18 months of light use. I had taken out a 5 year warranty so was given a new one with a one year's manufacturer's warranty which has just expired. Mine is used on carpet, I think this is why it keeps breaking down. What surface is yours used on? Also batteries can be bought from the I robot site - which site did you use?

Googled on Amazon and got it from a company on there. Also some replacement brushes. Can't remember the name, but I can look it up in my account if you are interested. I use the roomba on carpets too. I love the fact it will not fall down the stairs!If I'm going out I'll switch it on to clean a room whilst I'm out. Just need to watch it the once to see what snags it might hit and make sure they are out of the way.

@FP no thanks my battery is still going strong and didn't have any problems with the battery on the first one either. The gtech is my favourite too especially as I have managed to use it on the stairs too. It currently lives upstairs but it is light enough to carry downstairs too.

Got back from a weekend away at the in-laws and found the GTech Ram waiting. Charged it up and just literally whizzed around the house in less than 15 minutes. Light and easy to use, picked up an amazing amount of fluff, dust and cat hair (as well as a few of my own!!!). Carpets looked groomed and still had 3/4 of a charge left. Off to register it on their website now. Love it.

You can order it direct from GTech for £199, but if you go via TopCashBack it appears that you get £30 off the price when ordering from GTech online (if the note on the right hand side of the webpage is accurate.) TCB also offer just over 10% cashback and there's free P&P. So, if all that information turns out to be accurate then it's a pretty good deal if QVC don't have it as a TSV again.

Latest posts

Back