Hotel Chocolat TSV 22/07/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No heatwave here! Cloudy , wind and drizzle not getting above 20 . No sun but muggy at times. We even had our heating on at the weekend!
LATI I swear you're my neighbour. I've had my coat on today. ****** cold and windy. I'm the East side of the Borders as well so not near you at all. I love Scotland but I have my limits. Perusing the Caribbean men wanting ladies website as we speak :cool:

CC

As I only have a 1 tog duvet on in winter, you can probably guess that I don’t like this hot weather at all. However, I have managed to sleep really well at nights. I do jobs in short sharp bursts during the day. I haven’t put the oven on for three weeks because the thought of creating more heat isn’t appealing and I’m living on salads. It’s just as well that I really like them. The only good bit is that my house is quite cool and I’ve got some very good fans. 👍

It’s currently 25C here (at 5:20pm) and was 30C yesterday, so I guess you could say it’s cooler today. 😉 We’re due to hit 34C on Monday and 35C on Tuesday. 😓 Please let it end soon. 🤞
Same here it’s unbearable, isn’t it!

I’ve just been in the garden with my newish cat on his cable and it was just starting to get a bit cooler for first time in weeks - but upstairs it’s still like an oven.

I have a thermometer on one of my posh fans and it’s 29c in that room :(

Feel genuinely sick at thought of weekend and beginning of next week..

I struggle *massively* to sleep as it is but it’s just impossible for me at the moment.
Sigh!

Oh to be beside the sea and well enough to go to a pool!

LATI I swear you're my neighbour. I've had my coat on today. ****** cold and windy. I'm the East side of the Borders as well so not near you at all. I love Scotland but I have my limits. Perusing the Caribbean men wanting ladies website as we speak :cool:

CC
I’ll swap you!

I would LOVE to live somewhere where it never gets above about 18/20 degrees max!
And v happy for it to be well below zero...

Same here it’s unbearable, isn’t it!

I’ve just been in the garden with my newish cat on his cable and it was just starting to get a bit cooler for first time in weeks - but upstairs it’s still like an oven.

I have a thermometer on one of my posh fans and it’s 29c in that room :(

Feel genuinely sick at thought of weekend and beginning of next week..

I struggle *massively* to sleep as it is but it’s just impossible for me at the moment.
Sigh!

Oh to be beside the sea and well enough to go to a pool!
No, it's not Loops, it's baltic. We could do a house swap. I'll bring my shorts and factor 50 and you can bring your Nanuk of the North outfit. You'll need to walk Bry though and he's just been barred from the pub for barking and sitting on the seats (which was actually my coat but hey ho).

CC

No, it's not Loops, it's baltic. We could do a house swap. I'll bring my shorts and factor 50 and you can bring your Nanuk of the North outfit. You'll need to walk Bry though and he's just been barred from the pub for barking and sitting on the seats (which was actually my coat but hey ho).

CC
Omg you’re on!

Meant the heat was unbearable!
I could live with Baltic very happily...!

And if I was well enough and able to walk beyond end of my little garden I’d love to walk your young man! 😉
(Is Bry the chap in the profile pic?)

Not sure you can legally bar a dog from a bar whatever he’s supposed to have done!

In exchange you can live in far-too well insulated house which never gets cold enough for my taste - and walk my cat (seriously!) until he’s allowed to go free!

Since I developed a dodgy thyroid, I cannot stand too hot or too cold. Summer 20c max and in winter not below 12c. Now, I love walking on a frosty day, not at home or in work. The first time I went to visit my big brother in Canada, he had no air con in the apartment. It was like 30c plus during the day and not much lower during the night, but I could not sleep unless I had a sheet over me. Everyone else was laying in bed, no covers, and I was wrapped up like a mummy.

I’ve never liked the heat, even before being diagnosed with an underactive thyroid in 2015. I’m blonde and fair skinned and go red in the sun, hence the reason why I wear SPF all year round. It’s not the sun that I dislike, it’s the humidity.

There is one advantage to cold weather though - you can put more clothes on, whereas, in extreme heat, if you took them off because you were too hot you could get arrested. 😉

Was 29 here yesterday, and 28 the day before.

BTW to convert 28C to F just reverse it to 82F.

You can do the same for 16C = 61F, but it doesn't work for any other temperature.
My quick method for conversion from C to F is double it, add 30 and then deduct 3 or 4 degrees. It’s not exact but near enough.

28 + 28 + 30 = 86 then subtract 3 = 83….

Well me and my youngest daughter did something very very stupid last Christmas. We picked up the two middle children both siblings and wait for it. Allowed them to pick up whatever they wanted in the SMYTHS toyshop. The 4 year old is a real sweetie but at her age had no idea of prices. Her brother was ok. But I wont tell you how much the cost was. Then they were really hungry and they had Mcdonalds. It was fun though!
I’ve got all that joy to come .. they still too tiny to choose 🤣👍

Omg you’re on!

Meant the heat was unbearable!
I could live with Baltic very happily...!

And if I was well enough and able to walk beyond end of my little garden I’d love to walk your young man! 😉
(Is Bry the chap in the profile pic?)

Not sure you can legally bar a dog from a bar whatever he’s supposed to have done!

In exchange you can live in far-too well insulated house which never gets cold enough for my taste - and walk my cat (seriously!) until he’s allowed to go free!
No, that's Perry my Parson Russell who sadly passed away 7 years ago. Bryan is similar size but has brindle ears and an eye patch. He's a mongrel but we love him. Bry loves the pub but he doesn't like being on the lead and he barks greetings to everyone. He does get on the seats but I always put covers down, however, I accept it's not fair if other dogs aren't allowed then neither is he.

A lady near us walks her cat - It's normal round here 😺

CC

Hope the BA changes her dress,usually the same one for every TSV.
And stop that woman mauling the liquid chocolate every few minute,we get it it’s chocolate nothing to see,in fact it’s ****** boring.

Hotel Chocolat All Your Favourite Things Hamper
Item Number: 819722
QVC Price £43.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.96
P&P £4.95
4 Easy Pays of £7.49

All your Hotel Chocolat favourites are here in this bumper selection of sweet treats for you to enjoy and share with loved ones. You'll receive Hotel Chocolat's best-selling The Everything H Box, offering 14 chocolates from across their incredible range of goodies, as well as a box of their firm favourite 40% Milk Chocolate Batons. But that's not all; there are selector packs of Billionaire's Shortbread, Champagne Truffle, Mousse au Chocolat, Gianduja Bombe and Dizzy Praline, all individually packaged and perfect for gifting.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the items in this hamper individually, directly from Hotel Chocolat you’d pay £40.50 plus P&P. So for our Today’s Special Value price of just £29.96 plus P&P, you’re saving £10.54.

Delivered directly from Hotel Chocolat - please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery to UK only (including Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland).

The full Hotel Chocolat experience - there's a good reason why The Everything H box is one of Hotel Chocolat's best selling products and it's right there in the name. This collection of 14 iconic chocolates spans the breadth of the master chocolatier's wide range of flavours giving you and your loved ones a comprehensive tour of all the wonders that Hotel Chocolat have to offer.

• Suitable for vegetarians
  • No artificial flavours
  • May contain traces of tree nuts, peanuts, milk, soya, gluten, wheat, egg, sesame
  • Cherry Deluxe, Champagne Truffle and Champagne Selector contain alcohol
  • Store in a cool dry place away from strong odours
  • Shelf life: minimum 3 months on delivery

Contains:

• 1 x The Everything H Box (185g) - a collection of 14 of Hotel Chocolat’s most iconic chocolates, in a taste of all their genres. Recipes included: Champagne Truffle, Cherry Deluxe, Mousse au Chocolat, Going Nuts, Raspberry Smoothie, Florentine Isabelle, Pistachio, Eton Mess, Billionaire’s Shortbread, Caramel Cheesecake, Fudge Sundae, Neapolitan Macaron, Carrot Cake, Dizzy Praline
  • 1 x 40% Milk Chocolate Batons (120g) - velvety-smooth creaminess with a deeply satisfying cacao hit, in 15 solid chocolate Batons. Hotel Chocolat’s Batons were designed to be the perfect way to experience the tasting notes of all their chocolate grades. Their elegant size and smooth curves make them ideal for nibbling, savouring and sharing
  • 1 x Billionaire's Shortbread Selector (75g) - generous with caramel, abundant with cookies, lavish with smooth hazelnut
  • 1 x Champagne Truffle Selector (75g) - uplifting cream truffles with a generous measure of real Mercier Champagne
  • 1 x Mousse au Chocolat Selector (70g) - a tribute to the classic dessert, with the perfect balance of cacao and cream
  • 1 x Dizzy Praline Selector (75g) - outrageously smooth, meltingly soft hazelnut praline
  • 1 x Gianduja Bombe Selector (59g) - melts in the mouth like butter. Super-smooth with deeply satisfying hazelnut praline and 70% dark chocolate

Latest posts

Back