Honora TSV 27 August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember some years back QVC did a bracelet very like this one. Different colour choices, I bought the blue one, it had other gems on it. Trouble was, it tangled like mad the silver hoops which held the pearls etc on caught on things too.

My wrists are 6" and a tiny bit, 19cm hangs well over my hand, 8" are a no as I can take them off without undoing.

Just noticed these earrings to match - 605779 - from the web first section.

Just noticed these earrings to match - 605779 - from the web first section.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.605779.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch

If these are going to sell at £51.50 (+ 3.95 P+P) how much is the bracelet going to be? I could understand it if they were made of gold, but this is bronze!

The mark up must be huge when bronze is selling at approx 33cents a troy ounce :eek:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does_bronze_cost_per_ounce

(Even cheaper if you buy by the kilo: http://www.blurtit.com/q4602320.html)

I like the look of the up coming TSV, but think it's probably going to be out of my price range for what is essentially costume jewellery.

TSV is Honora CFW 6-8.5mm Pearl 19cm Blush Bronze Bracelet £76.16 (normal QVC price £95)

TSV is Honora CFW 6-8.5mm Pearl 19cm Blush Bronze Bracelet £76.16 (normal QVC price £95)

Good God! Honora really is well of my price range these days. I remember a few years ago buying a lovely strand of black Honorary pearls with matching stud earrings for around £45. Those were the days, eh?

Sent from my new Apple iPad 32GB WiFi White using Tapatalk

Gosh, that's expensive.

I was really looking forward to this but am not prepared to pay that when it isn't even silver.
No wonder they've been building up the anticipation by wearing it so much on air. The profit margin must be huge.

I often get pieces altered to fit or restyled but you have to love it to bother with the hassle and added cost. And I'm not sure whether you could get "blush bronze" altered easily.

Not easy for you slim petite girls. You're more often overlooked I think. My arse is plus size but my wrist is "normal" and my ring size is N so it's pretty easy whether I'm shopping on Q or on the high street.

Such a pretty piece though. Could be tempted but am supposed to be saving for tyres and a handbag.

Looks like this one has links you can put the lobster claw into though, maybe just take a bead/pearl of it and then you can make it smaller yourself, cutting the excess off with pliers?
Just a thought, its the sort of thing I have to look for if I by a bracelet as I also have a small wrist

And another thought, bronze discolours really fast and needs to be cleaned all the time. Small links are a pain to clean, so would be better to be dipped into cleaning liquid to get clean, but you can not do that with pearls. Think I would be very cautious buying this one because of that. Its a lovely colour when new though, and I love wearing my broinze pieces, but the cleaning really is a pain

Last edited:
Looks like this one has links you can put the lobster claw into though, maybe just take a bead/pearl of it and then you can make it smaller yourself, cutting the excess off with pliers?
Just a thought, its the sort of thing I have to look for if I by a bracelet as I also have a small wrist

And another thought, bronze discolours really fast and needs to be cleaned all the time. Small links are a pain to clean, so would be better to be dipped into cleaning liquid to get clean, but you can not do that with pearls. Think I would be very cautious buying this one because of that. Its a lovely colour when new though, and I love wearing my broinze pieces, but the cleaning really is a pain

You are quite right about keeping certain jewellery clean, WildRose! Although I successfully keep my Honora pieces in two Prezerve jewellery boxes - remember them? - one of my rings became very tarnished so I e-mailed Jenny at Honora for advice. She wrote back promptly and at length and, essentially suggested using a cotton bud with tiny amount of silver cleaner, then rinsing and drying quickly and thoroughly - and it worked.

I do recall in days of old before I came to my senses about the pointlessness of Ideal World that Dave Someone was flogging a jewellery cleaner made of banana skins or coconut shells that worked on everything from gold to silver, "fine jewellery" to fashion jewellery, pearls, turquoise and opals. Perhaps one of our forumites knows if it works and is still available.....

Yes the David Bradford(which was on QVC as Caribbean Cleaner years before), is actually brilliant. Had mine for years and cleans everything. There was a silver tarnish thing with it, which I keep having to add a drop of hot water to as it dries out very very very quickly. It works as well.

There are 143 pieces of bronze jewellery on the QVC USA website - some of the Honora that we will doubtless be seeing during today and range called Bronze Italia - which looks very like Veronese. i wonder if they will make their way across the pond?

Our own website has quite a range of big Bronzallure rings with semi-precious stones, earrings and bracelets etc. So, something less expensive for rose gold fans...

Is this because the price of silver has gone up so they are trying to maintain their profit margins? Because this is not cheap for what is basically base metal jewellery.

Noticed they'd put this in the description on the website, probably to cover themselves incase of problems that crop up re discolouration..

"The hottest metal colour in jewellery – Honora has developed the blush bronze to give you the look of on-trend rose gold without the price tag, and because it's a natural alloy it should limit any colour fading or wearing over time."

I do love the look of this bracelet but am going to resist because I think it's grossly overpriced for what it is.

The David Bradford cleaner is really good. I bought mine a while ago from Ideal World and have used it on costume jewellery as well as on silver and gold, diamonds and precious stones. It`s worked a treat on everything and with no ill effects on the costume stuff.
I can`t believe the price of Honora these days and so many manufacturers are copping out and moving from silver to brass, bronze or stainless steel. I`ve no idea of the current cost of silver but somehow I feel they`re cutting back using it not because the price of silver is through the roof but because they still want huge profits on things so aren`t prepared to buy silver. Most stuff is made abroad using dirt cheap labour and even including the cost of the metal, be it silver or otherwise I reckon most manufacturers are making a darned good profit.

I like the look of the TSV but am not going for this as I have enough bracelets & this looks pricey.Has anyone been to the Honora 'boutique' in New York? Just wondering what the prices are like there as I'm going in a couple of weeks & have located on the map--it's quite close to my hotel----dangerous!!

Latest posts

Back