Honora Pearls. Class or Trash?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Clever marketing. Read that ringed pearls are faulty and rejects. They are selling us the dregs. But if you like it and it makes you feel good, that's what is important.

i have some beautiful honora pearl earrings. they were a tsv 3 years ago and i like them so much i bought them in black and white. they are perfect. balance well and look much more expensive than i paid for them. also a white pearl necklace and some ultra long pearls in black. all ringed but large and a good shape. again one of my fav peces. they cost very little money and are real and i think look really lovely when i'm in a pearly mood.

Not being a pearl girl either, I tried Honora pearls very recently because I think they are a fun, funky, inexpensive way to wear something that I always associated with my granny. I went for those coloured superbargain price ringed ones and I was so impressed with them. Ringed they may be but they are unique, nice and weighty and in my view very good quality. The rings only make it obvious they are not artificial lumps of hollow plastic, which is what I always assume large round smooth pearls to be when I see people wearing them, I also have some gorgeous Honora black pearl studs and an ultra modern black pearl leather necklace. They are all lovely and always get positive comments whenever I wear them. Having tried ( and returned) most of the jewellery sold by QVC I think Honora are exceptionally good value, well made and worth buying if you want to have some pearls in your jewellery box without breaking the bank.

I do like my pearls. Pearls are classified according to thier shape, surface quality and luster. The Honora pearls I have generally have good luster and the surface imperfections are low. Ringed pearls equal around 30% of the pearl harvest so they are not as "rare" as some of the presentations would have you believe. Personally I don't mind ringed pearls as long as they don't have too many surface imperfections and do have enough luster. Historically perfectly round pearls were very rare before the age of cultured pearls most naturally formed pearls would be all sorts of odd shapes.
I think that the value for money test where pearls are concerned is would you wear it regularly do the pearls have a smooth and is the luster there. Maybe I have been lucky butbI have never had a problem with Honora pearls.

Although I like pearls I always associate them with older people and although I am the wrong side of 50 I don't think I am ready for the twinset and pearls look just yet :cheeky:

I never wear pearls and have little interest in them. I feel as if Ralph and his pearls have taken up residence at QVC.

i dont like the shamballa look anymore over done and getting a bit dated so will not buy the tsv

I got the six pairs of earings on offer before Christmas and I wear them most days (one pair at once!) and love them. This TSV looks cheap and nasty in my opinion. White pearls on a black leather necklace just doesn't look right. I'm thinking bikers trying to look classy. It doesn't really work.

I like some Honora, remember buying way back in the early days. Then the ringed stuff came out and I just don't like.

the TSV today, leather, I keep thinking the leather will get dirty for the lighter colour. Also how do you clean pearls threaded on leather. I know the bracelets like this I think are very ugly. Sorry if other do love them.

I used to buy the most beautiful real CWF earrings direct on ebay from manufacturers. Yes they are dyed, but have silver backs same as Honora and only cost around £3.50 a pair. In fact because it was cheaper to buy 3 or so pairs as the postage from Hong Kong was more expensive that each pair of earrings, not much though. I even got two pair of undyed natural lilac drops with 9ct gold wires (I got two pair as one was for a gift), one is slightly pinkish in tone the other blue toned. I ended up keeping both pairs.

I love love love pearls.Everytime I walk down Bond Street I drool at the real thing.Back to Honara I have several pieces but now there is little to tempt me to buy & I don't like this TSV at all.What a poor offer. They have been pushing it for days now, when at one time the TSV was a closely guarded secret until the 'great reveal'.The bracelets are very small ( not thinking of the elastic thread ones)& I don't have a large wrist.

I got the six pairs of earings on offer before Christmas and I wear them most days (one pair at once!) and love them. This TSV looks cheap and nasty in my opinion. White pearls on a black leather necklace just doesn't look right. I'm thinking bikers trying to look classy. It doesn't really work.

My Ma and me bought that TSV between us, it was the first Honora we'd got and were very impressed with the quality. I would only really ever buy earrings or rings - not into necklaces, chokers and bracelets at all, but for the money we paid, very nice indeed!

I have some Honora jewellery, the tutti fruitti necklace being my latest purchase and have purchased the earrings to match today at anniversay price.

The TSV however I find "underwhelming" and dull, sorry!

I inherited some beautiful Mikimoto pearls but I never wear them, however I bought an Honora illusion necklace from QVC many years ago and do still wear it sometimes as it's very nice quality and quite unusual.

No not trash but little originality now as Honora pieces are becomming very samey which is not surprising after all the years Q have been flogging the brand. I am one of the few who like their ringed pearls and do not see them as flawed rejects and I love their large coin pearls but they are too pricey now to tempt me but I do own some really lovely items and can still be seduced by something if it's a bit unusual or particularly pretty.
I have nver bought an Honora ring but I have ordered the one that OFJ has mentioned below, in the violet option because it's a really pretty colour and the silver looks to be substantial and because I'm having a silver moment just now. :happy:

I would say trash for most of their stuff but I have just seen this ring http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/6/93/602793_vt.101?$ukswatchlarge$ which I really like :wait:

I have also ordered this pendant and chain because I'm attracted by the whole moon and star thing and the MOP is a lovely mysterious colour, plus it's not something you would see just anywhere. Finally I was really naughty and ordered this gorgeous multi coloured Baroque pearl and hematite necklace because the small faceted hematite beads have a lovely sparkle and contrast so well with the large opaque brightly coloured pearls (web pic is carp so try and watch the vid clip). Well I think that's me lot and have banned meself from watching Q for the rest of the day. :sun:

My Ma and me bought that TSV between us, it was the first Honora we'd got and were very impressed with the quality. I would only really ever buy earrings or rings - not into necklaces, chokers and bracelets at all, but for the money we paid, very nice indeed!

I returned the set of earings as were too small.

I don't like the TSV either but leather and pearls is not biker class at all! The bikers I know would not dream of wearing pearls! My single black pearl on several black leather strands with a silver toggle looks far classier than large, smooth, peachy cream coloured uniform pearls that look like they may have been bought down the market worn by a TOWIE/WAG wannabee. They look very American new money to me.

That's a good haul pinkpussycat!
I have to say I do like the TSV and have ordered the black one but can see how it won't be everybody's cup of tea

What a fab haul,PPC.......great stuff!!

I love pearls......ringed,round,baroque,oval,keishi....all have a beauty it depends how the pieces are designed.The TSV is not for me,not because of the style though,it is just the colours that do not appeal to me on this occasion.I have a few honora bits and pieces,bracelets a necklace and the set of tsv earrings(I think nearly everyone who likes pearls has those lol) and I often get comments on them,the bracelets particularly.

So no.....not trash at all imo,and if you think I look trashy when I wear 'em well so what.....'ya boo sucks' to you!!:devil:

Latest posts

Back