Honora Pearls. Class or Trash?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love pearls I have rondel oval and ringed which are all good quality bought some time back but at Christmas I bought my daughter a set necklace and earings but I sent it back as it was absolutely rubbish one ring on one pearl 4 on the next two and so on so odd looking no lustre and chalky looking so I think they are pushing on us a lesser quality now they know some of us like the ring pearls The one I have is so evenly matched in size of pearl and the rings with only one or two rings with no pitting .
I think they are trying too hard to be too trendy ......pearls are classics and for me the leather, cord and anything that tries to copy other styles of jewellery miss the mark. Didn`t like todays TSV.......hopefully sometime in the future we`ll get a quality `classics` TSV!

I agree Madaboutdogs. The old pieces of Honora were gorgeous. I had a necklace with teardrop pearls arranged on silver - it is so delicate and pretty. These are the types of pearl jewellery that are good. A little bit different but not too way out. There are plenty of other sorts of jewellery for the on-trends.

I think some of the colours of the pearls are just too strong - the dark reds and bright blues make the pearls look like glass beads IMO. Bring back the naturals and the pastels.

i would love to see cream pearls. my daughter is getting married this year and has an ivory lace dress. white pearls would be just too stark but cream would look sublime. anyone of you super sleuths have any ideas?

I don`t like those awful bright false looking colours either..it doesn`t sit with pearls for me, there are other types of jewellery for strong colours...Don`t think you need to buy pearls when they are so highly dyed it defeats the object for me.....better to buy faux pearls if thats what you want sure they would be less expensive too! Claire S made a reference this morning (not word for word ) about how they used to be the classics when they first came and now they have gone more modern...or words to that affect....has she been reading on here because it was as though she was trying to say moving on is for the better ....don`t agree!!

I love pearls but haven't bought any Honora for quite a while. The quality doesn't appear to be the same and too many "trendy" colours these days, I like contemporary jewellery but prefer pearls in the traditional white or black, silver is nice.

I don't have a floating pearl necklace so might be tempted some day. I'm currently in non-buying mode and it's going really well, only one moment of weakness last month!

Hi,

LOADS of Honora in the clearance section of the website (more than 60 pieces as I write).

Some nice bits.

Cheers,
karen

Boffy,

If you log on to Secret Sales UK, there is a pearl sale going on there. I am sure you will find some cream pearls amongst the items.
I agree cream pearls are so flattering. Wonderful on a bride.
Good luck.

Ringed pearls are considered the bottom of the heap and by those standards, Honora are overpriced.

Why not search out those artisan jewellers who make wonderful pearl jewellery? I bought from UK handmade KyreneDesigns and see them as far superior to any TV channel stuff made in China, hey aren't we supposed to be supporting british business these days and not other countries?

i would love to see cream pearls. my daughter is getting married this year and has an ivory lace dress. white pearls would be just too stark but cream would look sublime. anyone of you super sleuths have any ideas?

Swarovski do very high quality faux pearls which are fabulous for bridal jewellery.. in a couple of cream colours

Not into the twinset and pearls look myself but some Honora pieces aint bad.
I have one of there 90cm necklaces which is very versatile. The lustre is fine and the pearls a good size.

Alot depends on what you wear them with of course but they can look quite stylish.

Latest posts

Back