Hibiscus and Trailing sweet peas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought the Hibiscus but only 2 of them have very small shoots on them. nothing is happening with the other 2. I would have thought there should be more than small shoots on them by now. Am very disappointed with them. I bought the trailing petunias and they were coming along lovely until I put them in the baskets and now they don't seem to be growing at all. I feed them twice a week and water every day. Don't think I'll be buying plants from QVC next year. My friend and her daughter bought plants a lot cheaper from B & Q and they look great.

i grow petunias from seed and one thing i have noticed is that they hate to be moved but of course thy have to be. they can take a while to adjust. they wont grow for a bit but they wont die. they just hate to be transplanted.
anather thing ease of the watering. with most bedding they like to dry out a little between waterings.maybe every 2 days or even 3 depending on the size of the basket.just feel the first inch and if it feels moist or damp water the next day.
feeding read the packet some feeds say with every watering but you are using a teaspoon of feed to 2 gallons of water.
some other feeds say every week or 2 weeks.a new basket or tub with fresh compost should feed your plants for 4-6 weeks with no feed added.
overfeeding is not good for plants either..good luck happy gardening!

:4: Got letter saying no replacements available so am getting refund!!!

Full refund - well done QVC

:4: Got letter saying no replacements available so am getting refund!!!

Hi,
I rang CS and told the rep that one of my Hibiscus had not shown any sign of life and she said there were no replacements available, so she is giving me a full refund. This is a great result - I made sure she understood that only one plant wasn't growing, but she insisted I have a full refund, so I accepted gracefully. Well done QVC!

:1::1::1:

I was only watering my petunias every day in the heatwave we had as they were drying out so quickly. I normally water them when they are feeling dry. I emailed Richard Jackson about the hibiscus but he heasn't replied. When I first emailed him about them he replied within a couple of days. I think I'll give CS a ring and see what they have to say

I too have been given a refund for my hibiscous plants. It is beause it is now too late in the season to start growing them.
I am getting replacement plants for my trailing sweet peas and tree peony. (I hope its not too late for them.)
I agree.... Well done QVC Customer service!!!

It must be costing "someone" a small frotune with all the refunds they are having to make !...
Something is wrong this year as I have had complaints about three orders this year, yet in past years have had no problems at all.

...meanwhile, Richard Jackson sits in his deckchair sipping tea: 'God's in his Heaven, all's right with the World'... yes, Richard, quite.

bought the tree peonys last year what a lot of tat..all died even my lovely mum of 79 (80 on friday) lost them load of rubbish!

I have to laugh.....
I bought a climbing plant for £1.99 from Poundstretcher which looked a bit duff but is now growing like the clappers. Meanwhile, the Jasmine I bought from QVC has died. One of my three tree peonies is staring at death's door, and the tree hollyhock/hibiscus thingies I bought seem to be growing - slowly. The twiggy hairy geranium twigs I received have been planted and a couple are sprouting but no sign of the rest. Good job I marked them out with little flags.
I'm really not going to be suckered by all the hype anymore cos *everything* Richard Jacksy sells he reckons is "easy gardening" and it's not.
The only thing I bought this year which impressed me was some David Austin roses. No flowers but they're very green and bushy.
Can't remember all the rest of the stuff I've bought this year.

Latest posts

Back