Help!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cheshire Set

Registered Shopper
I ordered a LG bag last night but had a change of heart (after Kitchenaid fiasco) this morning and as the order status said 'in process' immediately, I rang to cancel. The woman on the phone said it had gone to far in their process so I couldn't cancel???

She said I could just return it but I'm flabbergasted! That means I'll have P & P and return costs!

Any advice?

I ordered a LG bag last night but had a change of heart (after Kitchenaid fiasco) this morning and as the order status said 'in process' immediately, I rang to cancel. The woman on the phone said it had gone to far in their process so I couldn't cancel???

She said I could just return it but I'm flabbergasted! That means I'll have P & P and return costs!

Any advice?

When they pulled the same stunt with me, I emailed them as well confirming I was cancelling under the DSRs & on the 'phone said I would be refusing delivery, which I did! (This only works if you are at home to receive delivery & nab Hermes man before he dumps it outside your garage & runs, obviously!)
If it's still showing as 'in process' they can damn well cancel it if they want to, they always claim it's 'too far along the process' though!

If you're on the website you can still cancel it when it says in process. Click on the order and you should then get the option to cancel. I've done it a good 24 hours after placing the order but its not obvious.

Oh what a pain CC. I would phone back and ask to speak to a supervisor,I don't believe they can't stop it.. Good luck.

If you're on the website you can still cancel it when it says in process. Click on the order and you should then get the option to cancel. I've done it a good 24 hours after placing the order but its not obvious.

I've tried that and the option to cancel stays on there for a couple of hours or so. You were lucky if you could do it after 24 hours.

There was no option to cancel on the order online and the woman said that it had definately shipped as it ''was being put on the van' as we spoke - codswallop!!

Im now worried about missing the Hermes bloke and refusing the package.....why oh why didnt I learn after the Kitchenaid incident :(

There was no option to cancel on the order online and the woman said that it had definately shipped as it ''was being put on the van' as we spoke - codswallop!!

Im now worried about missing the Hermes bloke and refusing the package.....why oh why didnt I learn after the Kitchenaid incident :(

I think you may have to put this one down to experience CS. Maybe start looking forward to receiving the lovely (well, you thought it was last night!) LG bag. You never know, it could arrive in perfect condition and all will be good with the world again! :sun:

How convenient its been dispatched so quickly when its normally three days in process .

I think you may have to put this one down to experience CS. Maybe start looking forward to receiving the lovely (well, you thought it was last night!) LG bag. You never know, it could arrive in perfect condition and all will be good with the world again! :sun:

I second this.

If you really don't want to keep it after you get it then you can send it back under the DSRs and at least that way you'll get your original postage back.

But... it might just be perfect and you'll find love at first sight :heart:.

Tiddly

Im another one who have had this happen Iv called sometimes within a matter of hours to try cancel and customer services just say sorry its too late. Seems standard practice, but a bit of a con, seems a way of them getting the dreaded postage and package charge from you.

When they pulled the same stunt with me, I emailed them as well confirming I was cancelling under the DSRs & on the 'phone said I would be refusing delivery, which I did! (This only works if you are at home to receive delivery & nab Hermes man before he dumps it outside your garage & runs, obviously!)
If it's still showing as 'in process' they can damn well cancel it if they want to, they always claim it's 'too far along the process' though!

I have done exactly what you advised - as soon as I rang back to state the refusing delivery bit it suddenly changed online to shipped!!

How convenient its been dispatched so quickly when its normally three days in process .

My thoughts exactly! Im sure the bag will be beautiful but I already have too many as it is! Hopefully I can refuse delivery and not have to go through the return process

They did this to me once with a Liz Earle perfume. I rang to cancel a whole one hour and 15 minutes later, and was told it was too late as they are "so efficient" that it had already gone to the warehouse. She said she would try to email the warehouse to cancel but it may not work. I thanked her, it just so happened to be due for delivery on a saturday so I refused delivery and it was refunded to me.

There used to be a good 3 hours to cancel your order. Now I was told you get an hour, so O was 15 minutes too late. I don't believe them one bit. They are not so efficient that orders are received 48 hours or less after being ordered.

I'm sure there was quite a lengthy thread on here quite a while ago about Distance Selling Regulations. If you do miss your delivery man, I think if you phone up QVC within 7 days and tell them you are returning the item under these regulations, they should refund you in full including p&p, leaving you with "just" the return postage to pay. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on this!

it takes the duration even for the confirmatory email to come through! everywhere else you order online, you get the email right away.

I'm sure there was quite a lengthy thread on here quite a while ago about Distance Selling Regulations. If you do miss your delivery man, I think if you phone up QVC within 7 days and tell them you are returning the item under these regulations, they should refund you in full including p&p, leaving you with "just" the return postage to pay. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on this!

Thanks - was hoping to avoid the return P&P so thats why I cancelled but hey ho, Ive learnt my lesson now :(

Be careful when refusing delivery.I did it years ago at Christmas time when I waited for something so long,when it turned up I knew I no longer wanted it,and was advised by the company to refuse delivery - which I did - luckily I was in - but the courier refused to give me anything to say I'd refused delivery...or anything at all as proof "considering I haven't delivered anything,I've nothing to leave you" and the item promptly got lost....yeah right...nicked more like.How I wished I'd just taken it and gone through the correct returns procedure (not QVC this was a catalogue).

If she could see it being put in the van, maybe she could have run out and taken your parcel out! I know that was a silly reply but I was furious for you.

By the way, what happened to your kitchen aid?

Latest posts

Back