Have you read the reviews for the last Butler and Wilson TSV??scathing!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sort of and messy, and I am older than Julia Roberts,but I am orignal from the north.

All jewellery is sent in a little plastic bag. I always feel a bit let down when my order comes and I open it to find the item in a tiny plastic bag. You'd think that they would at least put a ring in it's place provided so that when you open it up, it looks good [or bad]. Charlie makes me laugh when he does all that stupid opening of the box when he is showing something, he never gets a rolled up plastic bag fall out like we do!
BTW, I am a big Butler and Wilson fan and have plenty bags, tops and blingy necklaces and I must be the only one who thinks that the latest TSV is beautiful. I'm saving it for a big celebration coming up because I know now nobody else will have it on because they've all been sent back!

No you're not alone, I like mine too!

But it was a surprise how light they are in comparison to the last 2 tsv's. I think perhaps they were all cubic zirconia, whereas I think from what was said only the coloured bits are cz this time and the clear part is glass. Makes it a bit less heavy to wear though!

I do think he could improve his packaging somewhat, the gold boxes are not good and even when OH bought me a necklace from the couture show last year it came in a plastic bag knocking around in a whopping box. Looks stunning on though.

The alarm bells were ringing for me when I saw it on air, with regard to the earrings anyway: both model and presenter kept propping up the earring without fail whenever the camera zoomed in, and I reckoned it was because the earring would droop down when unsupported.

I love B&W but do agree that some of his styles are not to everyones taste. I personally wouldn't wear the big couture pieces as I have a short neck and I'd just look ridiculous. However, I love the smaller necklaces and the brooches are beautiful. I have a number of cat brooches and they are stunning.

I think that Simon produces such a wide variety of styles because, no offence Simon, he's been around for so long and has seen all kinds of fashions. There are usually pieces for all tastes in his shows and obviously what appeals to one person will not appeal to another.

All jewellery is sent in a little plastic bag. I always feel a bit let down when my order comes and I open it to find the item in a tiny plastic bag. You'd think that they would at least put a ring in it's place provided so that when you open it up, it looks good [or bad]. Charlie makes me laugh when he does all that stupid opening of the box when he is showing something, he never gets a rolled up plastic bag fall out like we do!
BTW, I am a big Butler and Wilson fan and have plenty bags, tops and blingy necklaces and I must be the only one who thinks that the latest TSV is beautiful. I'm saving it for a big celebration coming up because I know now nobody else will have it on because they've all been sent back!

I am very, very pleased that you have something you love! Go celebrate and enjoy wearing it!

The reviews are there for you to read now.34 of them 2.7 out of 5 stars.

Item number 336-571.

I know I'm in the minority but I got the pink one and think its very pretty. Havent tried the earrings so cannot comment. The only problem is it seems very short so I dont know if its a keeper or not.

Bet

I've sent plenty back in my time (waiting for 'the' letter to arrive any day) - but I really like this tsv, I have the aqua colour which sits nicely on my neck, and the matching bracelet which I think is very pretty. I don't have earlobes (courtesy of my dad who passed on this strange trait) so the earrings surprisingly sit perfectly too. I must agree about the lacklustre packaging - I have one wrinkled and one unwrinkled box, but would much prefer the jewellery wrapped in tissue as it is when bought instore.

cant believe its taken some of you all this time to start realising what a fake this bloke is.

Some of it is CR*P!

I have bought a few B&W pieces over the years and they have
been very well made. B&W has a niche market and it
still seems to appeal to many with OTT tastes. Me included!
Ok, some of the pieces are OTT to the max!
Fab, for when you want to feel extra special for a night out.
I like the humour and the glamour.

I have never touched any of his TSVs as I have usually thought that they
looked pretty on the models but when they show close ups I have thought
they looked cheap. I have also noticed the proping up business going
on to. I think Wilson is straying from the path and starting to churn out cheap
stuff for the TSV's. He is falling into the trap of believing people will cough up
just to buy something with the "B&W" on!
Lola Rose is possibly another "name" who might pushing along that route to.

One of the reviewers says 'I do agree about the earrings not sitting correctly in the ears but when I changed the posts the problem was rectified'.
Surely the point being that having paid nearly £40 for them you shouldn't have to change anything to get them to fit properly?? she still gave it 5 stars which beggars belief!

One of the reviewers says 'I do agree about the earrings not sitting correctly in the ears but when I changed the posts the problem was rectified'.
Surely the point being that having paid nearly £40 for them you shouldn't have to change anything to get them to fit properly?? she still gave it 5 stars which beggars belief!

It was quite clear from the presentation that they would not sit properly. I discounted them altogether when buying the TSV, I don't like heavy earings anyway, though they looked a little lighter than last years TSV ones, which also didn't sit propperly. If they had been any good (which they are not) I would therefore have seen it as a bonus. Its not my reveiw by the way!!

A lot of the jewellery packaging needs a complete rethink - not just B&W.

I think the plastic bags aren't so much extra protection, as much as to make up for the fact that items like earrings often don't fit the boxes if placed in those slots at the top of the velvet liner - they're either too long, or stand up too proud, so that the lid won't close. Same for some necklaces and pedants.

The plastic bag allows the item to be chucked in the box any old how at an odd angle so the lid will close, and the problem of finding a more suitable permanant container has been passed on to the buyer....

I recall Julia saying these earrings hang like this on me which I like them like that.
If you'd like them to sit futher back then I think turning to Simon.
Then you could add the plastic comfort backs to them don't you think ?

cant believe its taken some of you all this time to start realising what a fake this bloke is.

I don't believe that Simon is faker than anyone else in fashion,i've actually met him and was really pleasant.

If you wanna talk fake,let's talk Julia Roberts,i've long believed that Julia actually loathes Simon,in fact i'd be willing to bet my left nut on it if I possessed any nuts,however she manages to mask her contempt for him coz she loves her freebies,plus she enjoys the occasional compliment he may throw her way even though she has to endure endless veiled and masked digs about her weight,her chesticles etc along the way.

I think this relationship would make an interesting few paragraphs in any new episode of Battersea life you write Burly.:)

I don't believe that Simon is faker than anyone else in fashion,i've actually met him and was really pleasant.

If you wanna talk fake,let's talk Julia Roberts,i've long believed that Julia actually loathes Simon,in fact i'd be willing to bet my left nut on it if I possessed any nuts,however she manages to mask her contempt for him coz she loves her freebies,plus she enjoys the occasional compliment he may throw her way even though she has to endure endless veiled and masked digs about her weight,her chesticles etc along the way.

I think this relationship would make an interesting few paragraphs in any new episode of Battersea life you write Burly.:)

i can find no humour in simon wilson. whatsoever.

i can find no humour in simon wilson. whatsoever.

In the voice of John McEnroe YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

I can think of about 3 things right now which are ripe for the plucking re Mr Wilson but then again I guess if you havn't warmed to a character in anyway tis too much of a slog to write about them.

In the voice of John McEnroe YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

I can think of about 3 things right now which are ripe for the plucking re Mr Wilson but then again I guess if you havn't warmed to a character in anyway tis too much of a slog to write about them.

indeed, i would love to hear your three things though.

Latest posts

Back