Has Dawbags Had Extensions?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
caught Dawbags briefly on a promo (that inane one where all the different presenters say things like "i like fashion" "i'm into frying pans" etc) where she appeared to be showcasing a new look. her hair was ridiculously long and straight. maybe it was just a "piece" for a special occasion? she looked rather younger i thought.

speaking of extensions, is it just here in manchester where we seem to have a trend for what appear to be 12 and 13 year old girls walkng around town on a saturday afternoon sporting what are clearly hair extensions and faces full of slap? the trend has extended to having the extensions BACK COMBED a la winehouse *shudder*.
why would a child of that age need to have hair extensions? i'm calling on you parents to fill me in on this. what worries me is that if these kids look 12/13 then it probably means theyre about 9 or 10.

when i was that age (here we go :cheeky: ) the girls in my class were considered daring if they wore a pencil skirt as part of the uniform instead of the regulation A-Line. i'm not suggesting we go back to the 70's but neither do i think our kids should walk around looking like crack-whores on their way to a pole dancing party.

I really hope she hasn't had extensions - that is a very disturbing thought indeed. I nearly took to my bed when I saw her in that Ken Paves hairpiece with the attached Alice band. It was a god awful contrast. Talk about accentuating the negative.

caught Dawbags briefly on a promo (that inane one where all the different presenters say things like "i like fashion" "i'm into frying pans" etc) where she appeared to be showcasing a new look. her hair was ridiculously long and straight. maybe it was just a "piece" for a special occasion? she looked rather younger i thought.

speaking of extensions, is it just here in manchester where we seem to have a trend for what appear to be 12 and 13 year old girls walkng around town on a saturday afternoon sporting what are clearly hair extensions and faces full of slap? the trend has extended to having the extensions BACK COMBED a la winehouse *shudder*.
why would a child of that age need to have hair extensions? i'm calling on you parents to fill me in on this. what worries me is that if these kids look 12/13 then it probably means theyre about 9 or 10.

when i was that age (here we go :cheeky: ) the girls in my class were considered daring if they wore a pencil skirt as part of the uniform instead of the regulation A-Line. i'm not suggesting we go back to the 70's but neither do i think our kids should walk around looking like crack-whores on their way to a pole dancing party.

think the promo was probably shot whilst she was in her Ken Paves get up. ( as mentioned by Coachella)

At the end of the 50s/beginning 60s, we used to vie with each other to see who could get away with the stiffest paper nylon petticoats under our regulation pleated skirts, which had the waistbands rolled up so they were as short as possible. The hair was backcombed and laquered so that the regulation school hat (straw boaters in summer, berets in winter) had to be clamped to the back of the head with rows of clips.With our school blouses straining with the effort of containing our conical bras, we must have looked as if we were touting for trade.....* blushes to remember *............:blush::blush:

I agree with BurlyBear. My niece is 15 but the way she dresses and poses she looks older. A majority of the kids today do tend to look ridiculous, I know there has always been fashions to follow but the trend to dress above their years is a dangerous one. They are little girls in womens clothing, therefore who is to know their real age? By the time they are in their 20's they will be middle-aged!! xxxxxxxxx

We used to roll up the waistband of our school skirts to shorten them as much as possible, the bolder ones (such as me!) would tie our blouses in a knot under our bras and show off out stomachs too, what a sight we must have looked. I do recall having a very flat firm tummy in those days, how times have changed. As regards girls today, in the city I live in the biggest club in town has a young teen thing every Wednesday and from about 5 30pm onwards the city is full of semi dressed 13-15 year olds with enough slap on to almost obscure their features. The sound of screeching as they teeter along the pavement to the club is reminiscent of a massive flock of starlings.

I also agree with BurlyBeaR. These little girls dressed in womens clothes and wearing make-up is not right. They are also at risk from weirdo's.
Why their parents want them to look like this beggars belief. Let them be children for goodness sake.

saw a little girl of no more then maybe 6/7 wearing a Tshirt saying :
"so many men
so little time"
I really could not believe any mother would buy that for her small daughter!
I would not even let my 21 year old wear that ( not that I have much influence there, but never the less lol):thinking::wonder:
I am always amazed when we have a non uniform day in our secondary school. Yrs 7/8 girls wearing the most inappropriate things you can imagine and looking as if they will be off to the docks touting for business after school.
I just do not get it. :sad:
At all:sad:

I think most extensions look terrible. My mate used to spend a small fortune getting different coloured strands weaved into her hair, yes they looked great for a short while, but after about a week, you could see the bits where the hair's been fused together, then the actual extensions start getting matted and scruffy. Only yesterday, I was stood behind a lass at the cash point, and her extensions looked ancient, and close up from the back it looked like a knotted mass of furball that was hanging onto the back of her head by a few thin threads. For heavens sake for a quick party look you can buy clip in coloured extensions for your hair.

saw a little girl of no more then maybe 6/7 wearing a Tshirt saying :
"so many men
so little time"
I really could not believe any mother would buy that for her small daughter!

I would not even let my 21 year old wear that ( not that I have much influence there, but never the less lol):thinking::wonder:
I am always amazed when we have a non uniform day in our secondary school. Yrs 7/8 girls wearing the most inappropriate things you can imagine and looking as if they will be off to the docks touting for business after school.
I just do not get it. :sad:
At all:sad:

that t-shirt made the news if i remember correctly, it was sold by one f the big supermarkets, asda or tesco. the mother must have bought it for the child before it got banned. silly cow.

We used to roll up the waistband of our school skirts to shorten them as much as possible, the bolder ones (such as me!) would tie our blouses in a knot under our bras and show off out stomachs too, what a sight we must have looked. I do recall having a very flat firm tummy in those days, how times have changed. As regards girls today, in the city I live in the biggest club in town has a young teen thing every Wednesday and from about 5 30pm onwards the city is full of semi dressed 13-15 year olds with enough slap on to almost obscure their features. The sound of screeching as they teeter along the pavement to the club is reminiscent of a massive flock of starlings.

Yup, we used to do that too,and rolled our socks down! but as sure as hell the shirts, skirts & socks would be reverted to their former glory...lol! for when we returned home to face our parents. I just can't believe that some parents are prepared to buy tarty/inappropriate gear for their kids. I mean the lengths me and my mates went to in order to look older without our parents finding out, ie applying and removing make up on the bus, hiding pairs of tarty shoes in the flowerbed, putting them on at the garden gate, then returning home bunging them back on and re-entering the home sensibly shod and make up free!

Some of the slogans on tshirts for kids these days are unbelievable, you could buy fashionable stuff for tweenies in my day...but the stuff was NOTHING compared with the stuff you can buy nowadays!

I teach 10-11 year olds and am constantly horrified by their savvy. The things they come out with is shocking. I work in a school where the main catchment area can only be described as rough but this belies the whole true nature of it. I do understand times have changed and children know more but it is still rather unnerving.
Tried to tell a parent that her daughter shouldn't call other people ' a dirty crack whore.' Got an absolute mouthful of abuse by an unkempt, benefit scrounging minger. It makes me sick. And she drives ( probs never passed test or insured) a 4x4, they ( her and 5 kids) go on holiday. All the kids have their own TV with Skyplus. Mind you, she is one of the more caring ones cos at least she turns up for parents evening.

I was watching a cartoon today (on a kids tv channel) an advert came on showing shoes for little girls ( 3yrs up) apart from the fact that the price was from £45 there was a free gift of makeup, eye shadow, blusher and lipstick. The little girls modeling looked like miniature adults. I have to admit I think it is wrong. But if their parents buy these things who should we really blame? J.

anyone remember the fuss when a headteacher banned the wearing of thongs in her primary school? she should have been given a medal IMO. didn't the now departed Woolies get some well deserved flak for selling junior pole dancing kits or is that just an urban myth?

Beauty pageants for tots and young girls, makes me queasy even thinking about it and the latter is happening now in the UK. Jonbenet Ramsey anybody?

I think this is a whole can of worms conversation. My son is 11 and the provocative nature of the girls his age and younger unfortunately does not stop with their high heels/make up/cropped tops etc. There's been a few things that he's asked me about that they've said or done, and being a typical lad, he's more interested in his x-box/football than girls, therefore quite clueless at times thank goodness. Where the hell do they pick up some of these things they know about? I'm no prude, and did my fair share of hell raising when old enough to do so - but some of these young girls really worry me. They're far too young in some cases to know what/behave as they do.

Personally, I think it all stems back to a lack of intelligence on the parents part, along with the inability to think for their themselves and the obsession with 'celebrity'. The fact that most young girls (gosh, and old ones, I know people my age the same:doh:) aspire to be a wag or 'famous' makes me sick - this country is just moribund.

I think this is a whole can of worms conversation. My son is 11 and the provocative nature of the girls his age and younger unfortunately does not stop with their high heels/make up/cropped tops etc. There's been a few things that he's asked me about that they've said or done, and being a typical lad, he's more interested in his x-box/football than girls, therefore quite clueless at times thank goodness. Where the hell do they pick up some of these things they know about? I'm no prude, and did my fair share of hell raising when old enough to do so - but some of these young girls really worry me. They're far too young in some cases to know what/behave as they do.

Not a parent and not going to be so I'm hardly in a position to comment but it seems that they're brainwashed even at that so young age to think acting a certain way is how you advance in life rather than through achievement. What I can't understand is parental support of this as to me loving someone in any interpretation of the word leads to you being concerned if not protective of them (and I don't mean smothering them like my mother).:heartbroke:

i really disagree with makeup for kids who remembers that show mini-pops where they dressed 5yr old kids up and had them singing songs like madonna like a virgin was wrong then and is more wrong now parents who think it is ok to bring up their kids like that need help

i heard someone on radio this morning saying that his 5 year old godchild "loved" katie price. i find this very worrying.

yes, i know that katie price has writen... sorry i mean "put her name to" books about horses/ponies and that this is a subject which is really popular for little girls. what concerns me is that this might introduce kids to her as a name/personality and therefore suggest to them that she is some sort of role model. katie price's appearance, morals and behaviours are not those that any child should be emulating.

Latest posts

Back