Halogen Ovens

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been looking at these every time they appear, and last night I took the plunge and ordered one.
But now I'm not so sure...

I already have a small counter-top oven which is very useful but I fell for the fuel-saving spiel (I'm such a sucker).

Does anyone here own one and what do they think of them? I have to admit they look a bit of a pain in the b**t to use....

Someone I know has had one for two or three years. Bought from a shopping channel but I don't know which one & I don't know the make. She still raves about it.

Having watched demos they seem quite easy to use although I wouldn't bother with them for some of the things they demonstrate - omlettes and toasties, for example.

Well... I 've been using it a good few days now and must say I'm really pleased with it. I think it will be a bit of trial and error, and it's not good for everything but I've had great results with cakes, bread rolls, grilled meats etc. Anything which needs to be crispy comes out beautifully but I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried a casserole in it?
:cheeky:

I have seen them in Makro at half the IW price even when you add the VAT

The Makro ones are £24.99 at the moment but they are made by Prolectrix.....it's only 7 litres compared to IWs 11 litre one, also IW comes with the extension ring and 2 baking dish/plates. I usually use my 10" tefal baking tins to roast/bake in, there's more than enough room to remove them safely with the gripper thingy......I looked at the Makro one when it first came out, it's very small and I tried putting a 7" sandwich tin inside it, it did fit snuggly but I think you'd have alot of trouble getting it out again without burning yourself.

I've got the cheapo Elitech from Bid.tv - it has a stainless steel bowl instead of glass, which is an advantage for clumsy old me ;) I'm sure that the light has "gone", and I read somewhere that someone had replaced theirs - anyone know anything about it? (It still works, I mainly use it for Fray Bentos pies when I want something nasty to eat, but I've done some nice roast chicken in it too. Don't cook these days like I used to :()

clemenzina

Simple - Brilliant

One went back after 10 weeks - bulb went, read they dont last long but i use it most days, do raosts with spuds all sorts

To be honest easier than a cooker in many ways just lids a pain if you have cupboards so mins sidewaye on !

Help!!
My halogen oven won't come on. This happened the other day but I opened and closed the lid a few times (mine's very stiff) and it started working, but now it just won't come on.
I've rung CS but their systems are down and I just get kicked off.
Wah!
:confused2:

Oh dear calico :(

Maybe you had a dud from the start........I've never had a stiff one :doh:

This was *really* stiff :wink2:

I managed to get through to CS after loads of calls declaring their systems were down and somebody saying they'd call me back but didn't.
They're going to pick it up next week and replace it.
So....we'll wait and see eh?

Halogen oven

after bigging up my halogen oven to all and sundry, mine stopped working. I found out if I really bang the lid down - and I really mean bang it down- then it works OK. I sure if I carry on doing this then the bulb will go- and so will the oven - back to IW

after bigging up my halogen oven to all and sundry, mine stopped working. I found out if I really bang the lid down - and I really mean bang it down- then it works OK. I sure if I carry on doing this then the bulb will go- and so will the oven - back to IW

Lol! That always happens to me too norfolkdumpling. I say something's wonderful then it all goes horribly wrong.....
I think I'll try the banging thing just for a laugh. It'll probably explode!
:happy:

Latest posts

Back