Hair!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LOL and did you see when Heather from NailsInc came on to join her at the end of the show? they looked like mother and daughter.

They did! With the large glasses especially. I noticed Heather was really staring at Ann - maybe she was contemplating the future!

Just keep moving forwards: don't settle for a mumsy do, sensible shoes* and a fawn cardi and keep trying new stuff that's my advice.

Are skinny jeans ok? I live in them. Also can't stand cardis in any form, so don't own any. I have short hair - not a bob, layered and cut into the neck at the collar. Am 60 in four months, but when I mentioned it at work recently nobody would believe me. One of the 30-somethings said that his mum's 60 and I look years younger than her - "I might just about believe it if you said 50, but I refuse to believe you're 60!". The general concensus was that I apparently look about 45 - never have I been so pleased that I've never sunbathed and have always looked after my skin so carefully!

I do hope pipa returns with her short hair.her longer offerings were a complete disaster.she is definitely one who should stick with shorter hair

Im not sure what would suite Jill Franks, sorry but I think her hair is so lank and greasy , I find her hair colour pretty boring, I think she should have some highlights and need some volume in her hair. But I guess if shes happy with it then that's all the counts.

Are skinny jeans ok? I live in them. Also can't stand cardis in any form, so don't own any. I have short hair - not a bob, layered and cut into the neck at the collar. Am 60 in four months, but when I mentioned it at work recently nobody would believe me. One of the 30-somethings said that his mum's 60 and I look years younger than her - "I might just about believe it if you said 50, but I refuse to believe you're 60!". The general concensus was that I apparently look about 45 - never have I been so pleased that I've never sunbathed and have always looked after my skin so carefully!

Scout, I thought you were talking about me when I read this, except I love the sun and do sunbathe. However I have never smoked and rarely drink and I think those two things age people quicker.

I'm also one of the lucky ones, but I owe a lot to good skin genes inherited from my grandmother and my mother, who looks 20 years younger than her 90 years, despite or maybe because of, the Maggie Thatcher hairdo which is still rammed into place at her weekly appointment with the hairdresser. (She's quite a spirited lady, so the Maggie Thatcher style suits!)

Courteney Cox:

I think the most ageing thing you can do is wear a short style that is set in place. My mother’s been doing that since she was 40.
I remember when I was young, people used to say women shouldn’t have long hair when they got to a certain age, but I think those rules are old-fashioned and the idea of women being seen as old at 40 is long gone.
As long as you look after your hair, there’s no reason why it can’t look great at any length and any age.
That said, I do think it’s nice to change and am thinking about the possibility of having a new look, but I just don’t have one in mind yet.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...crets-ageing-like-A-lister.html#ixzz2lgeipOAt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

My mum's 56 and looks about 40-42/3, and I'm always puzzled as to how since she never uses sunscreen, ever. I've nagged her to a million times but she just won't. People are always amazed at her actual age, and she's never taken that good care of her skin at all really, and has some hereditary health problems etc. My dad's 70 and barely looks 50, I'm always saying that between them my parents look at least 30 years younger than they should, so I should look -1.

I think Jill's hair just looks in desperate need of a brush; it looks so stringy and rats tail-y. I wouldn't call it long though, I don't think the length is the problem. Jilly's just looks so wrong for her. Not because of her age (I don't know how old she is anyway,) but it's just too fine to be that length, it's pulled so flat it just looks like a greasy mop. I think she'd look much better with shorter hair at any age. Not necessarily short hair, she'd probably suit it quite long, just not that long.

Latest posts

Back