Hair extensions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know what you mean. A girl I used to work with now has a 10 year old daughter. She is in to dancing and her mum is always posting pictures of her posing and dancing,she looks about 14 or 15.

I think the grossest and in a way quite scary thing is the Dance Mums and child beauty pageants they show on American TV. Kids of 4+ looking, well the only way I can describe it, like tarts and so precocious. And talk about pushy mums. I feel quite scared of what might happen to these kids.

A friend of mine’s granddaughter started to go to dance classes when she was 6. She used to enjoy it. Then it got sold out and the new owner was super competitive, entered them into competitions, very strict with their training and little one used to come home in tears. Worse thing was granddaughter had her hair cut short, well you’d think she’d just committed a murder. Got shouted at, pulled to one side and hair yanked back. (Evidently had to have hair long enough to scrag back so the kids were all clones). All the girds were in tears. Parents complained and threatened to report her. She closed down a few weeks later. Put the granddaughter off dancing.

Different world. My mum put me to ballet at 4 years old in the baby class, and when my ankles had strengthened, to tap at 6. The teacher would put shows on at the local theatre and Mum always made sure I had an afternoon nap beforehand. I loved it, the sequin tutus the make up that mum let me sleep in. I'm now 76 and still love sequins - and kept up the tap dancing til a few years ago.

I used to enjoy ballet and tap when I was a child. Did quite a bit of country dancing too and could even dance round the maypole plaiting the ribbons.

Used to have compulsory dance lessons included in our gym classes at secondary school. Had to do all these airy fairy improvisations to contemporary music. Really couldn’t take it seriously especially when told to imagine we were snowflakes. Like now I was rounder than I’m tall and looked more like a elephant than a snowflake ❄️.

Different world. My mum put me to ballet at 4 years old in the baby class, and when my ankles had strengthened, to tap at 6. The teacher would put shows on at the local theatre and Mum always made sure I had an afternoon nap beforehand. I loved it, the sequin tutus the make up that mum let me sleep in. I'm now 76 and still love sequins - and kept up the tap dancing til a few years ago.
Aargh, how lovely.

I always wear tops with sequins to any special occasions. It’s been remarked on that I always wear sparkly earrings. All my earrings have sparkly stones, whether it’s really diamonds, emeralds, Diamonique or Swarovski. In fact I don’t any plain earrings at all. Same with rings. Only thing with no stones I own is a silver cross pendant that I rarely take off.

Latest posts

Back