H2O

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MinxyKitten

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know if fragranced oil, or something else, can be used in the H2O steam cleaner to add fragrance? I know the little man says only to use his stuff, but I have never been one to fall for that kind of thing without exploring other avenues first ;-)

Not sure about oils but I've used fragranced ironing waters in my steam cleaner. But be warned that if you get sick of the scent it takes ages to rinse it away so it's no longer detectable.

Hi MK,
Ages ago someone on here posted that they used to add Zoflora to the chamber and I did that and then mine broke a short time afterwards. I'm not saying that adding anything inside the chamber broke it (as it was also a very old version and may have just come to the end of it's life and on the day it broke I had it on for a long time, as the hand held, doing the oven) BUT as I wasn't sure, when my new purple one arrived, what I do now is add about 1/2 a cap full neat of Zoflora onto my coral pad direct, the steam then penetrates that and it does a good clean and leaves a pleasant fragrance.
I find that works great for me - I also rarely use it as a hand held now as I don't want it to break again and frankly it cannot clean an oven properly - only elbow grease can!!!!!
Ange

Thanks both! I am thinking maybe I can tip some Febreeze (or the Home Bargains equivalent!) into the water, or add some lemon juice or something. I don't rate mine that highly to be honest but it's excellent as a mop for my large and continuously dirty kitchen floor! I have had a few hours going around the house with it and it made no difference at all. I still had to scrub with a cleaning product to get it clean. But it is so convenient as a mop so I am hanging onto it. Oh and it refreshes my rugs really well where the bl€£dy cats always seem to choose to be sick!!

I think once everything is clean, the H20 just makes things very easy. I have used a bit of a lemon floor cleaner in it. But to be honest, when everything is clean, it just smells 'fresh', so I don't use anything but water now. I have had the cleaner 2 yrs.

Latest posts

Back