Gushy goshy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Is Julia more gushy giggly than normal on the Kipling hour ? She is the best presenter by far - I'll agree with that, but all this 'faux' gaspy 'oh my gosh' self deprecating performance is driving me nuts ! and there's a lot of my team, my feet, my partner; going on.

She is not my fave presenter at best of times but lately l think is trying to act younger than her years and comes across as very false

It really amaze me that most of the presenters assume we are interested in their private lives, the rambling about where they have been and what they have got... bore me to tears. Just think how fast they get rid of the t- callers that get a bit carried away, a pity they can't find a way to gag the presenters when they go off topic. I want to hear about the product they are presenting. not their life history....

Excellent point Kathy, you're right about the t/callers getting short shrift if they go 'off piste', whilst we have to endure the 'padding' that the presenters bore us with. Unless its a brand new show where there are only a dozen or so items to air, and can sell out quickly, then most brands have a lot of stock to present, which makes all the gallery injokes/how to pay/my life and loves/moving house tales zzzzzzzzzzzz totally unnecessary.

I don't watch QVC much now, only if I'm interested in a product I want to see demonstrated (between presenter ramblings) then go off and but it cheaper elsewhere. I like IW, they seem to actually talk about the product there, best part is its for one whole hour, not like QVC were they try to cram in about six or seven items in one hour, where you find out a whole lot about nothing.

Is Julia more gushy giggly than normal on the Kipling hour ? She is the best presenter by far - I'll agree with that, but all this 'faux' gaspy 'oh my gosh' self deprecating performance is driving me nuts ! and there's a lot of my team, my feet, my partner; going on.

I've seen her quite a lot too recently and think she's looking pretty good and a bit younger!!? Seems to have a new lease of life and maybe finishing the book has something to do with it!:mysmilie_48:

I'm rapidly going off Julia as a presenter. The clothes she insists on pouring herself into, the sweeping of the locks, the faux remarks ("oops!" "only joking" etc) really do her no favours at all. These things don't match up with someone who's trying to be taken for a serious author :)cash:). I think the gushing has a lot to do with having her book on QVC, thinking she's on the road to literary fame and fortune.

Julia, sorry. You're not another Melvyn Bragg. Live with it.

A high percentage of the presenters really don't have their figures flattered by Q fashion. That fact alone should make the buyers rethink. Making presenters wear an item from the given hour when it is the wrong shape, length, cut, colour and pattern, is really off. Leave the offerings to the models and the guest if the guest is the brand owner. That awful Tiana B TSV a good while back, satin sheen maxi for evening wear which the guest looked awful in because of her generous thighs, was a sight to behold. I knew not to go near it and I am slim but have a tummy, most women know what suits them and where figure weaknesses are. Julia squeezing herself into a small is probably because the upper part of the garment would be too baggy and she would rather highlight her very ample bosom to the detriment of her middle area. Some Q clothes look far better on the hanger, a very sad fact.

julia is at her worse when she goes into her london accent mode which sounds wrong when we all know shes from "up north"

I'm rapidly going off Julia as a presenter. The clothes she insists on pouring herself into, the sweeping of the locks, the faux remarks ("oops!" "only joking" etc) really do her no favours at all. These things don't match up with someone who's trying to be taken for a serious author :)cash:). I think the gushing has a lot to do with having her book on QVC, thinking she's on the road to literary fame and fortune.

I agree, she's extremely intimidating and although she's good at her job, her sarcasm towards guest totally cancels that out for me.........glad to say I rarely watch anymore.

Julia and Debbie are becoming distressingly similar.

1 - hair flicking
2 - constant book references
3 - inappropriately dressed in QVC fashion
4 - pointy finger wagging
5 - snide, unpleasant remarks followed by a false laugh to disguise meanness as humour
6 - insistance on wearing omni-present favourite footwear regardless (white wedge peep toes / black toe-post sandals)
7 - think they are the Queen of QVC.

Yes, both are good at ticking the professional boxes of giving sizes and colours compared to other presenters. But the side order of the presenter ego is casting a long and dark shadow over the professional qualities.

I used to like both presenters, but these days it's difficult to pick which one has become the most obnoxious in the self-promotion stakes.

I remember Leighton Denny referencing Julia with a colour called "All About Me" - he nailed it (pun not intended, but an added bonus).

I cant watch anything she is presenting especially Butler and Wilson.

I'm thinking of renaming her Julia Flint, or maybe it's Debbie Roberts...

She's the absolute worst when on with Simon Wilson.

This is where the background bods (if they are doing their job properly) should step in and tell them to put a cork in it and get them back on topic. People want to know about the product, not all the cr*p about their private lives, auntie Nelly, new book, etc.
It really amaze me that most of the presenters assume we are interested in their private lives, the rambling about where they have been and what they have got... bore me to tears. Just think how fast they get rid of the t- callers that get a bit carried away, a pity they can't find a way to gag the presenters when they go off topic. I want to hear about the product they are presenting. not their life history....

She's a small size 12, don't you know! (Yeah, right...and I'm Prince Philip)...

Prefer Kathy ...natural beauty and lovely personalilty ...( I'm scatty so I dentify with that lol) .....Butler and Wilson shows are unbearable ...with those two espeacialy ...people,in own bubble = boring

At the beginning of the Kipling show on Friday Julia thanked (in gushing terms!!) Kathy for coming in - so they didn't have to do 4 hour shifts - 4 HOUR SHIFTS??????????!!!! Get real love - thank your lucky stars you're not a police officer, nurse, factory worker or just about any worker!!! 4 hour shifts would be a dream. My son (who is a painter and decorator) was watching and nearly spat out his tea at that remark!!!!!

Latest posts

Back