Gurning models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Am just watching a Kim Mendleson hour presented by Miceal. It struck me how the models sport a fixed grin that just looks so FAKE. Every now and then the models will swish round and sashay, always with that same gurning grin / leer. That model Sharon has a leer that would make a Halloween pumpkin look friendly! Just look at the models' eyes - they tell a different story to the stupid grins.

So, how would you suggest they look? Bored, angry or what?

They're professional models - it's what they do.

Anyway, why is a young chap like you watching a Kim & Co show? Looking for an outfit for the weekend?

So, how would you suggest they look? Bored, angry or what?

They're professional models - it's what they do.

Anyway, why is a young chap like you watching a Kim & Co show? Looking for an outfit for the weekend?

LOL no I'm not avidly watching it as such. It was on as wallpaper. I do that with QVC sometimes. It struck me as a bit odd, that's all. You don't see models gurning like that down catwalks, much. Why can't the models maintain a neutral expression? The fake smiles don't match up with their eyes.

LOL no I'm not avidly watching it as such. It was on as wallpaper. I do that with QVC sometimes. It struck me as a bit odd, that's all. You don't see models gurning like that down catwalks, much. Why can't the models maintain a neutral expression? The fake smiles don't match up with their eyes.

Because QVC is supposed to be our 'friend in the living room', ergo the models are our 'friends' too, omg Julius, have you learnt nothing?!?

Plus they're mostly modelling shapeless old tat, a miserable face would just reinforce this.....they don't want to arouse suspicion, or make us think too much, see?

:nod:

Because QVC is supposed to be our 'friend in the living room', ergo the models are our 'friends' too, omg Julius, have you learnt nothing?!?

Plus they're mostly modelling shapeless old tat, a miserable face would just reinforce this.....they don't want to arouse suspicion, or make us think too much, see?

:nod:

Yes, I guess you're right. Seeing all that synchronised gurning / sashaying made me laugh. And that Kim's voice - it's kind of like Michele Hope's but even more fluid. Still I guess her clothes aren't quite as awful as Michele "Barbie" Hope's. Miceal Murphy sounded like a Graham Norton soundalike!

As for Sharon, she does indeed have a style all of her own, (sashaying is a good word! lol) but it is massively successful & she has probably done more over the years to help flog QVC's 'fashion' items than all the other models & presenters put together!
Pretty much everything looks good on Sharon, she is worth her weight in platinum to QVC!
(Plus she's very nice in RL so I've heard!)

:star:

If they didnt smile we would say they were miserable and blame it on the clothes they are trying to sell. I would anyway.

Considering the fashion they have to model, I'm just surprised they don't all come out in fits of giggles.

Slightly off topic, but still about gurning.

I used to enjoy Dr Who on TV, but now I can hardly watch it because of the horrible gurning of Peter Capaldi as the Doctor.

I used to watch it behind the sofa because it was scary, now I watch it through parted fingers so I can avoid looking at his gurning mouth.

I just cannot take to Peter, I was so excited when he took over as the Doctor!!! Not feeling him at all.

Sharon is just pure class!! I remember they had on some maxi skirt and the guest said you could wear it as dress jokingly. Next thing Sharon nipped behind a pillar and did just that on the spot.

Its cheap(but not at QVC prices) tat, but she works it like a couture catwalk

Slightly off topic, but still about gurning.

I used to enjoy Dr Who on TV, but now I can hardly watch it because of the horrible gurning of Peter Capaldi as the Doctor.

I used to watch it behind the sofa because it was scary, now I watch it through parted fingers so I can avoid looking at his gurning mou
th.

Come back David Tennant, all is forgiven!

I dare say Sharon is a top model, but all the twirling about plus the numerous hand movements does my head in , anyone remember the dreadful Jo that used to pout for England when she was modelling...think she ended up advertising haemorrhoid cream. lol

I dare say Sharon is a top model, but all the twirling about plus the numerous hand movements does my head in , anyone remember the dreadful Jo that used to pout for England when she was modelling...think she ended up advertising haemorrhoid cream. lol

Omg yes Jo truly was an embarrassment.

I think it's only professional of the models to look like they're enjoying themselves, and are happy in what they're wearing. This isn't haute couture, so no need for sullen faces as they stalk down the catwalk.

I think it's pretty obvious that the models have favourite shows which they do genuinely enjoy... though on most of the shows I doubt that the models are enjoying wearing the trousers or leggings they get put in.

I really like Sharon and her twirling. She is extremely elegant and always shows the clothes off excellently.

Some of the much younger models (especially the "plus size" girls) seem to be a little gauche and uncertain. Give Joy her due, chesticles and top-heavy bodyshape apart, she used to know how to make the clothing look good on a larger physique, as a top-heavy woman myself, if Joy looked good in it, I might have a go. Mostly now, I see the girls wobbling uncertainly down the catwalk and I think - nope, not for me... if a bright young thing can't look good in it, I've no chance!

Latest posts

Back