Gtech airRam

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Ian, do you have any idea if this is due to air again soon?

Mine from the last TSV broke down about 3 weeks in use and I have been assured that when they come back into stock I will get it at the TSV price. It in on the website at £200 on waitlist. However I really miss it and if it isn't due soon I may start looking elsewhere, albeit at the higher price.

In so saying something else I've had on waitlist for ages was dispatched yesterday so perhaps I may be lucky.

Did you register your AirRam when you first got it? If so, then contact GTech direct and see if they will replace it.

I have one (not purchased from QVC), and I think it's the best thing to happen to cleaning, since staff. I, very carelessly, managed to run over a phone-charger lead, which it gobbled up before I could say, 'hoover', and the heavy plug smashed into the wheel-housing. I really thought I'd knackered it. But, after slaving over a hot roller-brush for about four days (just kidding), I rescued said lead, and the Air-Ram carried straight on working. If the power-switch had been on the top of the handle (as with all my previous vacs), I could have switched it off faster, but I still haven't got used to the half-way-down-the-handle melarkey.

I also tried their new stick-vacuum, but it was a big disappointment. Heavy & awkward; pathetic suction. They accepted my reason for return (GTech), and refunded me in full. But you'll never be able to prise the Air-Ram out of my sticky paws.

I have both. I was really expecting them to do the work on their own but every time I use them they work fine. The multi isn't that powerful but better than any other hand cleaners I have and iuse it to clean car and dust curtains, pick up odd bits of dirt.

I am looking for a hand held vacum to use along side my AirRam which I love but I still have to drag my BIG vacum to do round the edges and my nooks and crannies where the dog hair collects. I looked at the Gtech one on line but wasn't sure how much suck it would have, so didn't order it. What I really need is for it to be a TSV on 4 easy pay so that I can give it a try and send it back if I don't like it.

Personally I am very disappointed with the hand held one, the suction is very poor and I wish I had contacted gtech and asked for a refund. I do however LOVE my Gtech air ram ! I was lazy with hoovering before but it is so easy now, even my kids will clean their rooms with it- without being asked!

I love my AirRam however it has now broken twice, due to accidentally running over wire so the cogs got stripped. A 60p circuit breaker would have prevented that happening, so I don't get why G-Tech haven't fitted one. Interestingly, when it first broke, we contacted their Customer Service, who could find no record of our purchase, so we stumped up the £30+ and hubby mended it himself. The next time, (actually this morning) hubby got through to the Service dept who said we were covered and they would collect and repair it. So now I've got to find a big box to pack it in. Sigh. It's an expensive piece of kit and I don't think the cogs are anywhere near man enough for the job. It took just 2 or 3 seconds for it to be destroyed. Very close to not fit for purpose, imo. As I said, I reall love my AirRam however I would only buy one again if they went over to metal cogs and gears.

I have been over wires and been lucky enough to have caused no major damage. I now have all wires fastened securely out of the way with command strips however! It's the one thing I have purchased from QVC that I have recommended to countless people and would happily repurchase.

I bought the 'Monster' stick vacuum ages ago, when it was a TSV; I think it was about £20.00, and personally found it better than the GTech. I only wish it was cordless!

I do like my air ram, but there's a fundamental problem with it. Maybe it's because I have long hair, but hairs get wrapped and tangled around the rotating brushes and if I don't regularly pull them away the brush just becomes completely matted. It's a hassle. BUT I wouldn't stop using it, the pros outweigh that con.

Latest posts

Back