Grip to me hangers - Do they work?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Scampdog, I'll have a mosey on down to TKMaxx then! :up2:
Fed-up with picking DDs' (yes, apostrophe in right place, they're all equally guilty of this! lol) off the floor as they tend to just grab or tug at the nearest thing, knock all the surrounding items off as well & just leave it all lying there! *snarl*

Good luck Kitten !, I always love to look around TKMaxx, you never know what you will find there :wave2:, happy shopping.

Brilliant hangers

Hi there

I have had these hangers for a couple of years now and have ended up with more than one set. They are marvellous and have given me about a third extra space in my wardrboe. As they're all the same size and narrow in guage I've managed to hang up stuff that wouldn't normally be put on a hanger.

My two sisters, sister in law and Mum are converts also!

I can't comment on where's best to get them, though.

Do it...you will get through them quickly and then kick yourself for not getting another set at the same time!

How do you go on with skirts that don't have hanging tapes stitched in side ?

Good question!

Some sets come with clips but I normally find these a bit of a faff.

Skirts can be hung on them as well, as because they're "non slippy" (new word) you can hang a skirt and top on the same hanger, if you see what I mean. Just hang the skirt on the edges of the hanger and it stays put.

I should also add that because I need to get out more I've colour-coordinated my wardrobe, too. Saves a lot of time.

Forget those big chunky hangers or those horrible wire ones, they ruin your clothes. And no, I'm not on commission! Best purchase from QVC (along with my jewellery cabinet)

oh thanks everyone, I have been contemplating these hangers as have a major purge of my clothes (new charity shop near me was given two large bags of stuff resulting from my ruthless purge). Have seen the hangers in TKMax and will now buy some and report back. I actually don't have a wardrobe, I have two rails installed one above the other in an alcove in bedroom and this is concealed with ceilling to floor net drapes from Ikea, sounds weird I know but works really well. I can store massess of clothes, top rail houses blouses, jumpers and jackets, bottom rail has skirts, jeans, dressess and coats.

Another fan here. i'm slowly migrating my whole wardrobe over to 'grip to me' and, as other FMs have said, recently noticed that you can get them in TKMaxx at a good price for smaller sets. The ones in there also have 'snicks' for hanging skirts, which the ones I got from QVC don't have.

I actually don't have a wardrobe, I have two rails installed one above the other in an alcove in bedroom and this is concealed with ceilling to floor net drapes from Ikea, sounds weird I know but works really well. I can store massess of clothes, top rail houses blouses, jumpers and jackets, bottom rail has skirts, jeans, dressess and coats.

Brilliant idea silversequin, the DDs all have rails too actually, though this is mainly because I got fed-up with wardrobes, which they view as a giant 'empty box' where you just open the doors & hurl everything in willy-nilly!
At least with rails, they have to make some effort to hang things up or it's blatantly obvious.......! lol

:hi: I got the hangers from ideal world last year and they really are good and give you loads more room. Ive had a few snap and also the over door hooks have broken but on the whole happy with my purchase. :cool2:

:hi: I got the hangers from ideal world last year and they really are good and give you loads more room. Ive had a few snap and also the over door hooks have broken but on the whole happy with my purchase. :cool2:
Yes, I've managed to snap all of the over the door hooks by overloading them. Not broken any of the hangers yet, though and I must've had them a good couple of years.

In fact, I don't think the hooks are very useful, as you can't close your door with them on. The hangers are great, though.

TKMaxx in Huddersfield do them in packs of 10 for £5.99. So I would think they would be that price in them all. No idea if that is a good price or not. I have looked at them and wondered if I should get some, then something else usually takes my eye, and then I forget about them.

TKMaxx in Huddersfield do them in packs of 10 for £5.99. So I would think they would be that price in them all. No idea if that is a good price or not. I have looked at them and wondered if I should get some, then something else usually takes my eye, and then I forget about them.

Take my advice get a few packs !, or look for the even bigger packs in boxes, as when you get them home, you will find you have not bought enough !...thats why we ended up with so many colours !!..

Take my advice get a few packs !, or look for the even bigger packs in boxes, as when you get them home, you will find you have not bought enough !...thats why we ended up with so many colours !!..

Scampdog, did you get the big boxed packs in TKMaxx too?:flower:

I'm another "huggable hangers", or whatever brand you choose convert, they do make less bulk in your wardrobe, things stay put on them, and they're suitable for light and heavy clothing alike..well worth investing in a set, but the cheapy ones are as good as the dear ones, so don't get ripped off!

One last question for you kind peeps: do you also hang jumpers and jackets on these hangers or are they too thin? Do they give jumpers and other soft items 'shoulder bumps'? (I hope you see what I mean by that...:cheeky:)

One last question for you kind peeps: do you also hang jumpers and jackets on these hangers or are they too thin? Do they give jumpers and other soft items 'shoulder bumps'? (I hope you see what I mean by that...:cheeky:)
I find them very good for jumpers and jackets, as they bend down further at the ends (if that makes any sense) and so can't cause shoulder bumps.

Latest posts

Back