Grip to me hangers - Do they work?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Recently bought a try me set from ebay and oh my goodness, wish I had done it ages ago. They are great, and I'm off to TKMaxx to buy some more now!

OK, I admit it. I am now obsessed by these hangers. I went to TKM yesterday and bought another 30. I was sure that would be enough. But this morning I've had that sort out I've been promising for ages, and I need another 30. They don't half make a difference though.
I think the ones I got from ebay are slightly better quality, but the TKM ones do have the grooves for straps and loops.
Anyway, whatever. I'm off out to get some more ...

OK, I admit it. I am now obsessed by these hangers. I went to TKM yesterday and bought another 30. I was sure that would be enough. But this morning I've had that sort out I've been promising for ages, and I need another 30. They don't half make a difference though.
I think the ones I got from ebay are slightly better quality, but the TKM ones do have the grooves for straps and loops.
Anyway, whatever. I'm off out to get some more ...

Hi Pick-a-Lily, do you mind telling what seller on ebay you got your hangers from? (I tried to pm you, but for some reason I couldn't) :flower:

I love them. I bought loads last week in TKMaxx when we were in the U.K. Every time we visit, I buy a few more. I think they were around 7 pounds for 10 of them.
Before you could get them in the shops, I had a QVC set and they all broke very quickly because I kept hanging heavy jackets on them. The newer ones seem much sturdier.

Thanks for the thread everyone, I've been inspired by you all to hit the wardrobe again....got through half my box of pink hangers, but not being a slimmy my skirts are too wide to hang on the side of the hangers...and got demoralized by it all. So tomorrow, I will get rid of some more stuff I can't get into or haven't worn in a long time. Also going to do the reverse hanger 'trick'....put them in reverse and when I wear it, I can turn it round...any not turned in six months can go! Hopefully I will have trimmed the wardrobe sufficiently to see what I am doing!!!!!

Just got back from a "visit" to TKMaxx, they had none of the hangers left at all !, I think their sales must have peaked with everyone from this thread trying them out :flower:

I liked the idea of slimlining my wardrobe - not too worried about the dropping off bit so saw some very cheap thin plastic hangers in Wilkinson's and changed all of my mixture of hangers to these and have saved loads of room and even more money by not buying the dearer ones! I still keep DH jackets etc on bigger hangers but space doesn't seem to be too much of an issue for him.

I'm sorry but I'm finding it hard to get excited about coat hangers:grin::grin:

I don't think I'm very domesticated! It always makes me laugh when they offer me a coat hanger from a pair of knickers in a shop....."the day I hang me smalls up luv is the day I give up on life" lol:hi:

The hangers do work but....

I have managed to break a few, probably because I put heavy things on them. They seem to buckle inwards and give in......bless em. Still from a no bulk point of view they are great and all of your closthes sit at the same level.
The little grippy things (a technical term) that were included in the kit and designed to attach skirts to the hangers are ABSOLUTELY USELESS though. The skirts are either too thin and therefore slip out or too thick which means that the LGT's can't cope. That aspect of them really needs to be looked into.
Having said that I prefer them to any other hangers.

Went into a TKMaxx in Birkenhead (Merseyside) today , I have never seen so many hangers in all sorts of colours, they must have been reading this thread and stocked up on them ! I resisted the urge to buy more, but the colours were very tempting !

Hi thank you Scampdog for the info
I bought a whole pile of hangers from QVC and one by one they have come apart or the hanger bit detached.
I am going to my local TKMaxx to see if I can find replacements in the store
Sapphireblue

I have only just found out that there is a TKmaxx in the next town to me and I am going there on Saturday hanger hunting. My wardrobe is the same as most of yours, I get a daily workout trying to reach things at the end of the rails. Feel a massive clearout coming on. I've been laughing to myself at the length of this thread about hangers! Thanks for all the info.

Latest posts

Back