Green Seasons TSV 10/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was shocked that some people didn't get their Christmas dinner delivered last year. I've been ordering meat hampers from QVC since Buccleuch were doing them and I've never had a single problem. Green Seasons aren't as good as Buccleuch but I've always thought the quality was fine. Not going for it this year though, will probably get a goose or duck from the butcher.

CC
I like to see what I am buying not shown on. Tv screen what I think I am buying. As usual I will go to a traditional butcher although I have to go about 20 miles. My Christmas meal is already ordered and before paying I am able to check the quality. Never had an issue though.

I see this is now live on the website, I really hope people are not taken in by the hype.

nope the TSV is always 5.3kg & the 3.3kg version is always introductory priced & sometimes they have a bigger 7.3kg one but not this year

Seems like something they should consider doing, doesn't it? Not everyone has a big family... and for some a larger pack would be ideal if they're having lots of guests.

Of course... it all depends on these actually getting delivered!

Green Seasons 5.3kg British Meat Festive Hamper Selection
Item Number: 805404
QVC Price £85.00
Todays Special Value Price £69.96
P&P £0.00

A delicious festive hamper from Green Seasons containing a whopping 5.3kg of British meat, including three different joints, stuffing, chipolatas and bacon. From Sunday roasts to Christmas day banquets, stock up your freezer with high quality meat to serve your tastiest meals to date - all that's left for you to do is adding the veg and gravy!

All you want for Christmas - you get all of the meat you need for the perfect festive feast, including a succulent, boneless turkey breast with all the trimmings, plus streaky bacon and pork, and cranberry and chestnut sausage meat for homemade pigs in blankets.

Home grown and hand-picked - these fully traceable British-reared meats represent the very best of British farming. Each piece is selected by hand, cut to order, and freshly frozen to ensure you get the highest quality for a delicious meal.

Deliciousness to your door - you can sit back and relax knowing that all of your festive favourites will be delivered in time for Christmas. The meat is blast frozen and packed in an insulated box with dry ice and, once it arrives, you can either put it straight into your freezer in preparation for Christmas or defrost slowly for cooking.

Contains:

1 x boneless turkey breast joint (2kg)
1 x beef topside roasting joint (1kg)
1 x boneless gammon roasting joint (1kg)
1 x pork, sage and onion sausage meat stuffing mix (454g)
1 x pork, cranberry and chestnut chipolatas (454g)
1 x unsmoked streaky bacon (454g)

Each joint will feed approximately four people, depending on portion size

Direct despatch: delivery due on or before Friday 9th December. UK Mainland only excluding Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands

For allergens, nutritional information and ingredients please see attached document - allergens will be in bold

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.805404

I`ve seen it all now. Someone on Q`s facebook page saying her hamper didn`t arrive last year but hey ho she`s ordered it again and will buy in extra meat just in case the same thing happens again. Are these people for real ???

I`ve seen it all now. Someone on Q`s facebook page saying her hamper didn`t arrive last year but hey ho she`s ordered it again and will buy in extra meat just in case the same thing happens again. Are these people for real ???

Absolute madness isn't it!? Someone even said they didn't get a refund for the order that never arrived last year - why on earth would you allow that to happen????

Be very careful buying meat on QVC. My friend bought some last year and it arrived far short of the quality expected. QVC really have you over the barrell over this. She expexted this to cover her Christmas but sizes were too small and the quality very poor. She was very upset.

Absolute madness isn't it!? Someone even said they didn't get a refund for the order that never arrived last year - why on earth would you allow that to happen????

It is bad enough they didn't receive it but to let Q away with not refunding them???? Madness!!!

WTF!!!!!!! In the words of Judge Rinder STOOPID!!!!!!

Are these people sheep, QVC sell it they screwed me over but hey its QVC and they are wonderful!

QVC trained in brainwashing by the CIA

I used to have a function centre/restaurant in Australia, and if I couldn't get the meat directly from the Butcher, I wouldn't give it to my diners, because the guarantee and quality of freshness wasn't there. All of my meat was cut while I was there, and was put into freezer boxes and taken back to the cool room ready to cook the same day. I wouldn't dream of accepting consumables like meat products to be delivered who knows where, and to what temperatures they are while on delivery, let alone how long they are in the delivery pipe line. It beggars belief people aren't suffering food poisoning. For those on the forum who deal in food, we are aware how tightly regulated our coolers, fridges and freezers are. I just don't get why folks order this way! Support your local butchers. It works out a lot cheaper in the long run, and you won't have the worry of knowing if your order is going to arrive from QVC.

Well one guy on Q`s facebook takes the biscuit. He`s been let down two years on the trot and yet he`s ordered it again. All the daft so and so can say is "let`s hope it`s third time lucky".
Sheesh where do they find these people ?

People with more money than sense brigade :mysmilie_11:

QVC must wringe their hands with utter glee at these saps!

eh up there 3 plastic tubes of of popcorn for best part of £30. i have a feeling that qvc food is more expensive than harrods

Latest posts

Back