Goodbye QVC now the Christmas season is in full swing.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Here we go again all gifting, secret Santas & all things Christmas, well we are into September now.I know those of you like to get well ahead with your prezzie buying but really do we have to put up with this each year? Well I won't be as I am switching off & save the cash for my Christmas holiday out of it all ( that has been booked for months by the way!!!!) Happy shopping folks.

To be fair, they are all at it: Gems and TJC are suggesting that you might buy more than one of certain items, to get ahead with your Christmas buys. It seems to me as though they are at it all year, regardless of how near Christmas we might be. I feel the same as you, all this Christmas in July stuff just makes me switch off or switch over, but each to his own. Have a great holiday, by the way, and think of all the money you've saved through not buying!

Here we go again all gifting, secret Santas & all things Christmas, well we are into September now.I know those of you like to get well ahead with your prezzie buying but really do we have to put up with this each year? Well I won't be as I am switching off & save the cash for my Christmas holiday out of it all ( that has been booked for months by the way!!!!) Happy shopping folks.

Last edited:
I was in a shop the other day and was shocked they actually had Halloween stuff for the children. Usually this time of year suddenly its all christmas stuff and I say its not even Halloween yet!

In our local BMS I think its called its wall to wall cheap toys and Halloween all mixed in .No plastic Christmas trees yet but it won't be long.

I'm a channel hopper so I won't be looking at too many Christmas shows ,but its hard to avoid other than switching off.

Halloween is going the same way - Poundland have been sending e-mails for weeks promoting all the different lines, so I'm not surprised the stuff is now actually in the stores. Promoting Halloween in August is a bit much, but I suppose they are capitalising on people who throw parties on the night.

I was in a shop the other day and was shocked they actually had Halloween stuff for the children. Usually this time of year suddenly its all christmas stuff and I say its not even Halloween yet!

I was in Home Bargains the other day and they had all their selection boxes and Christmas chocolates on sale. Asda had their large Christmas tubs of Quality Street, Roses etc and mince pies and the Card Warehouse had all their Christmas cards, wrapping paper and gift bags out.
I haven`t had my holidays yet and I`m still in shorts, T shirts, sun lotion mode of thinking ....

You always know it's Christmas season when Elemis and Decleor drag the teeny, tiny sizes of mens grooming products out from the back of the cupboard.

I was on QVC page today as I wanted to look at TSV. Also want to see Anne Dawson's post of her sons wedding! Nosey me.

A tweet came up from AK saying she's shocked as Christmas stuff in the shops! Even a picture. Well OMG how two faced she's flogging Christmas on Q.

Exactly - we haven't had a great deal of summer as it is, but if the Selly Telly Channels had their way it would be winter all year!

I was in Home Bargains the other day and they had all their selection boxes and Christmas chocolates on sale. Asda had their large Christmas tubs of Quality Street, Roses etc and mince pies and the Card Warehouse had all their Christmas cards, wrapping paper and gift bags out.
I haven`t had my holidays yet and I`m still in shorts, T shirts, sun lotion mode of thinking ....

I saw mince pies in Sainsburys yesterday, and then saw the guest waxing lyrical about some molton brown bubble bath in a bauble shaped bottle today, as if it was something so special, now I like MB products as much as anyone else but they really do seem to give you the impression that you will be enriching someone's life by buying them it for Christmas.
Perhaps I am getting over cynical in my old age but it just seems like Q and the High street to a certain extent seem to just jump from one lot of festivities to another , ie Valentine's Day to Mother's Day, Easter to Father's Day and so on, as soon as they clear the shelves from often on load of tat its replaced with some more for something else.

I do like Christmas but find the extended build up to it particularly by Q off putting and I will turning off

I saw mince pies in Sainsburys yesterday, and then saw the guest waxing lyrical about some molton brown bubble bath in a bauble shaped bottle today, as if it was something so special, now I like MB products as much as anyone else but they really do seem to give you the impression that you will be enriching someone's life by buying them it for Christmas.
Perhaps I am getting over cynical in my old age but it just seems like Q and the High street to a certain extent seem to just jump from one lot of festivities to another , ie Valentine's Day to Mother's Day, Easter to Father's Day and so on, as soon as they clear the shelves from often on load of tat its replaced with some more for something else.

I do like Christmas but find the extended build up to it particularly by Q off putting and I will turning off

It is all about getting us to part with our cash.Interest / Celebration of the event (Valantines/ Mothers Day/ Fathers day/Christmas /Easter is not part of the equation.

A tweet came up from AK saying she's shocked as Christmas stuff in the shops! Even a picture. Well OMG how two faced she's flogging Christmas on Q.[/QUOTE]
QVC seem to think that they have the monopoly on all things Christmas and as if, how dare anyone else have Christmas stock. Some of that tat they sell though I would turn my nose up if it was in the pound shop..

Our local Factory Shop reminds me of QVC! Similar stuff, especially at Christmas but a lot cheaper! :mysmilie_7:

You're not over cynical at all. I dislike it when I shop on Christmas Eve and all the Christmas things have gone. I've even seen Easter Eggs appear on Christmas Eve!

Our M&S had a lot of Christmas stuff (cards and the 3 for 2 pressies) out yesterday and The Card Factory have had cards out since August.

Marks had 20% off for Sparks cards yesterday and the lady on the till said that they couldn't hold out to PJ's being bought for Christmas pressies.

I hate Christmas but try to think of those who buy lots and have to spread the cost but September is far far far too early.

You're not over cynical at all. I dislike it when I shop on Christmas Eve and all the Christmas things have gone. I've even seen Easter Eggs appear on Christmas Eve!

Apart from fresh food I don't go anywhere near the shops in December. Our local Range had Christmas decorations on sale last week. I have over 20 family to buy presents for so start early, I quite like buying presents for Christmas.

I hate the way QVC push Christmas as the "Family Season", "The Party Season". Think of all those parties you'll be going to, having the neighbours in and then a huge, happy family Christmas with everyone getting on and handing over beautiful gifts to each other. It's a load of rubbish. Who has the neighbours in for mulled wine and mince pies? No one I know. Who goes to tons of parties? Maybe the office do but that's about it. We don't do family Christmas either as they are usually a disaster so it's just us. I don't like the way the TV assumes everyone has a family, everyone is hugely happy or that everyone has masses of money to spend on Christmas.

CC

we celebrate xmas but just immediate family like my daughters and two grand babies. we buy what each other needs with a very tiny budget. xmas is big business nothing else

Ugh I don't like Halloween ...it's because of fireworks.....they are let off of course as right near firework night ! ...MIL doggy hates them and I feel for the animals ....yes have one night of fireworks and leave it at that ...

I can't abide Bonfire Night, should be called Bonfire Fortnight really. I reckon fireworks should be banned and just have private displays. You have the emergency services crying because of the pressure Bonfire Fortnight puts on them yet do nothing about it.

Latest posts

Back