Busy wears the latest trends,
Impressing all her jealous friends
With Michelle Hope or Kim & Co
Boilersuits from Guantanamo.
She looks the biz, we all admit,
In crimplene pants, the perfect fit.
The evening ends the perfect way:
Nylon generated fireworks display.

Brilliant Yolanda, thank you very much.......you must be feeling a lot better and I'm so pleased. :)

I think I'm almost back to my old self....sad for you lot, good for me!

I dont think it was as good as last years Gold day, the prices seem to have gone up alot from last year.

Speaking of which:

When Cheshire Setters meet for lunch,
Sometimes cocktails, sometimes brunch,
Busy wears the latest trends,
Impressing all her jealous friends
With Michelle Hope or Kim & Co
Boilersuits from Guantanamo.
She looks the biz, we all admit,
In crimplene pants, the perfect fit.
The evening ends the perfect way:
Nylon generated fireworks display.

That is just brilliant iclaudipuss, I love it, well done and I'm so pleased you are back to your "normal" self!:eek::goldstar

Seemed rather over-priced for 9ct from the few bits I saw. The price of gold has dropped quite a bit just recently. :p

I did watch for a short time, but everything seemed soooo expensive. I don't know if it's me, but I find QVC extremely boring and mundane at the moment. Same old, same old..... a couple of years ago, when they mentioned Gold Day, I would sit and watch all day, (and buy some items!) but not now. :(

Everything looked the same to me - too many chunky necklaces and bracelets that wouldn't have looked out of place at one of those discount jewellery stores in town - bit too chavvy for my tastes but then what do I know lol - I'm obviouly not bang on trend hehehe.

Did not watch much as I am not a gold fan and what I did see was not me. So i used the time to watch TV shows I had down loaded on the laptop.

think most of the stuff is very ostentatious. It was fun during Claudia's 2 hours with a nice Italian chap. then Julia came on flashing her enormous bum and spoiled the atmosphere. it made it clear how natural Claudia is, cannot say the same for many others. Kathy is too.

Did buy a couple of the cheaper pieces, but most are rather grand and very dear, IMO.

There was a quiz in Julia's hour and her ignorance did show up. The answer to the question included one about carat weight. she said it should have been GOLD carat weight. gems are measured in carats as well!

not impressed.

No you're wrong re: Julia on carats. That was the trick part of the question: Carat denotes percentage of gold (eg 9ct = 375 / 9 parts gold out of 24 (24 being pure gold) etc.); but there is also Carat meaning weight of a gemstone. Since this was gold day, the question referred to carat as in percentage of gold, but was slightly ambiguous because they only used the word 'carat' in the question, rather than absolutely giving away the answer by putting 'gold' in the question too!!

Please go and have a look at qvc america and what they have for gold day. They have a fantastic range to suit all budgets and taste.why do we have to have a lot of the same things year after year.please please please qvc lets be more adventurous and offer us brits the choice you give the other qvc oulets.

Spot on point!! Whenever I have a look at the qvc america site, I could cry with frustration at the great jewellery they get, while we have to put up with so much tat!

I didn't buy anything, each timed I switched on the prices seemed exceptionally high!

Latest posts

Back