Go on then.... Whose had the WinterTrax out?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have some 'spiky plus' took them in my handbag but snow was still fresh. Will be using them tomorrow as snow will be frozen. Easy to get on and off boots.

You might need to take a St Bernard carrying the brandy with you in case of emergencies! Even with winter trax it might be a good idea to take the alcohol in a plastic bottle! :glass:

better still put the Winter trax on the St Bernard!

I have a pair bought from Aldi, they're rubber, haven't tried them out yet, tho we've certainly got the snow!

I've got my 'as yet unused' WinterTrax ready for work on Monday morning because we've had about 4 inches of snow here and it's still snowing (with more forecast for the weekend) and with temperatures due to be below zero it won't have thawed by then. I know our school will be open (we never close in bad weather) and I'm on playground duty on Monday. The children will be allowed out at break time if they have appropriate footwear and so if anyone falls over I'm hoping that sporting the WinterTrax means it won't be me who is flat on their back. :wink:

I've got my 'as yet unused' WinterTrax ready for work on Monday morning because we've had about 4 inches of snow here and it's still snowing (with more forecast for the weekend) and with temperatures due to be below zero it won't have thawed by then. I know our school will be open (we never close in bad weather) and I'm on playground duty on Monday. The children will be allowed out at break time if they have appropriate footwear and so if anyone falls over I'm hoping that sporting the WinterTrax means it won't be me who is flat on their back. :wink:

My eldest 2's school shut at 1.15 this aft! Wouldnt mind if it was arctic conditions but we only had about 3 inch then it stopped until about 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Been using mine. Lots of snow and car park is like an ice rink.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Why is it with this country that there is always so much fuss made about a flipping ICING SUGAR DUSTING of snow?! A few milimetres and there's "travel chaos," "panic buying" etc. It's PATHETIC. Believe me this snow is NOTHING! NOTHING I TELL YOU! Hyped up hyperbollocks!

Mine are out and ready to go but no snow here on the Cumbrian coast just a ****** freezing cold wind blowing.

Mine are on the garden clogs, they really do work :happy:..leave them on for winter as I clean and feed the bunnies every morning, amazing how slippy flat paving slabs can get, keep meaning to replace them with riven ones.

daydreamer

Yes, I've got my Wintertrax out and yes they are being worn over my Emu's.

Think someone should design salt sacks to wear under trouser with contraption straps worn in gloves to control spread of salt as and when required whilst walking.

I've had some (not from qvc, from Costco) for a couple of years and they definitely do work. Mine aren't seeing any action at the mo though, we've had no snow despite it being promised. (I'm just a bit north of Manchester).

does get a grip count the spiked ones that i bought from qvc around 6 years ago. i have them over my patent snowjoggers. i wear mine in the supermarkets and i dont slip in them but they make a lot of noise but i cant hear the din as i have my i-pod on!

I bought them for my DD's a couple of years ago......they responded with "oh mum......never gonna use them"!!!!

lol

But yesterday they both texted to say they had worn them on the very long walk to both their jobs and they both declared them "amazing"!!!!

One wore them over trainers and the other over Uggs, both have a lot of steep hills to get up and down and they said there was no slipping.......so need to buy some for me now :happy:

I love mine outdoors, however on any solid floor, they are lethal. So what am I to do in the shops? Wear them outside, take them off inside then stand in the exit hopping around and struggling to get them back over my shoes again? So brilliant for walking the dog, a bit impractical for the shops.

I got the Costco ones too. They're heavy duty, with reflective straps and all :cool: , and very efficient. Think they are called Snowtrax and came in a twin pack.

I've had my Outback Emus with the rugged bases on this morning running round the field with the dogs - we've got a good few inches and they love it. Saving my 'Wintertrax' thingies for Monday morning when I've got my heels on. I've got the ones with the sandpaper type soles that Q sold for high heels and they were good last Winter. Gave Wintertrax to mum and OH.

Thanks for reminding me, I've two pairs in the hall cupboard and completely forgot about them. Never used them but with a couple of inches of show around and more promised for tomorrow/Monday it will be my chance to try them out:happy:

I havent used mine yet this year but I will if the snow and slush freezes because they are brilliant on the icy paths and roads I wear mine over old trainers ,last year they were a god send having to walk to work and back the biggest problem with them is you cant wear them in the shops on the shiny floors so I take spare shoes for in work to save the bother of getting them on and off because I find them quite hard to attach to my trainers but they give me confidence to walk in icy weather .

i've got those pull on rubber things with sharp studs on them, got them from amazon last winter and never used them. we have about 4 inches of snow here and my little street is on a slope and turns into an ice rink very quickly. Wore them for the first time over Skecher boots and they are ****** brilliant. Gone was my anxious wall clutching tip toeing down the pavement stumble. Instead I felt so safe and confident I nearly did a little dance in the snow. So glad I bought them.

Latest posts

Back