Gift Bags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
are naturally being pushed front and centre now, - has anyone on here bought them ? Only they seem ok for the 'smaller' gift, as they keep saying 'nail polish/hand cream etc etc', and the pack display shows a lot of small bags with about 4 (not so) large bags. Well, perhaps its me, but the (few) gifts I buy would generally need the larger bags so I'd be left with a glut of small ones I wouldn't use.

(Gill Gauntless is clearly on holiday ;))

I'll admit to using them yes. I have a lot of presents to buy and these must save me hours in wrapping time so they're an absolute godsend for me.
I do re-use them though, I've been using them that long that people know to either re-use them themselves the year after or to give them back to me and I'll do it instead.
I've got some that must be 6 or 7 years old now. Yes, they look a bit tatty now, but better than just going straight to landfill IMO.

I use them with the gifts wrapped in matching colour tissue paper. I detest plastic so buy paper ones from eBay or Etsy & have cotton bags for our grandchildren that I have back so they have become a tradition. a few months ago we visited the Emma Bridgewater factory & everything we bought was wrapped in tissue & put into her gift bags, I've got enough for several birthdays & that's customer service, take note QVC.

are naturally being pushed front and centre now, - has anyone on here bought them ? Only they seem ok for the 'smaller' gift, as they keep saying 'nail polish/hand cream etc etc', and the pack display shows a lot of small bags with about 4 (not so) large bags. Well, perhaps its me, but the (few) gifts I buy would generally need the larger bags so I'd be left with a glut of small ones I wouldn't use.

(Gill Gauntless is clearly on holiday ;))
I bought them last year and initially was disappointed as most gifts you needed to use a larger bag in order to fit them in, also a lot of gifts that were boxed needed to be put in on their sides in order to get them in. In the end though I decided that it didn't really matter that much as they were so blinking easy to use and saved all the hassle of paper and sellotape etc. Still got a few of the smaller ones left and pretty sure i'll purchase them again.

I've got a stash of Chrisstmas wrapping paper from years ago still so I won't be using bags but they must save an awful lot of time and effort.

I bought the Giftmate bags once and found the smallest bags were too small for almost anything. Nowadays I buy Christmas giftbags with the string handles and made from thick paper and I wrap the gift in tissue paper and put it inside. For awkward shaped gifts I buy bigger bags and staple them closed. I hate wrapping presents so the tissue paper in a gift bag routine means I don`t have to make anything look pretty and less like a dog`s dinner.

I bought a set a couple of years ago, but I generally don’t use them as one should. I wrap things up and then put them in a gift bag to take them to the recipient. It’s better than handing them their wrapped gifts in a plastic bag from Asda. 😂 (Other supermarket bags are available. 😉)

I must admit I miss buying gifts for young children. My granddaughters are 13 and 15 so well past believing in Santa. The magic of them not knowing what they`ll get but loving everything the do get and the excitement of Christmas morning.
Sadly I missed most of my grandkids early magical Christmas Days. Their Dad is in the Army, as was their Mum and they moved around the Country living on various Army bases. It`s only the last few years they`ve bought their own house within an hour of where I live but my son pays the price by having to live away from his wife and children Monday to Friday and only gets home at the weekend because he`s based at the other side of the UK.
One Christmas I was lucky enough to stay with them, my job always meant working over the Christmas period so I never got a full Christmas Day or Boxing Day off. This particular Christmas I`d had an operation a couple of weeks before Christmas so I was on sick leave and headed South to spend my first full Christmas with the girls. The oldest girl was 6 , her sister was 4 and they shared everything, even a bedroom and neither of them wanted to have their own room.
I`d bought them a dressing table, a white girly one for their room with a matching stool and drawers and a princess outfit apiece and a pretend hairdryer and straighteners plus a set of play makeup. We didn`t hear a peep on Christmas Day or Boxing Day and my DIL sneaked upstairs and took this photo. The girls would kill me for posting it now they`re teens but that Christmas was one of the nicest I`d had with them. Of course it`s lovely now I`m retired and they live much closer but it`s true when they say Christmas magic is all about when they`re little. Nowadays they want books, art stuff, clothes and toiletries, not princess dresses and waiting for Santa to arrive.
xmas 2011.jpg

Christmas is just the most magical time for little ones. That is a lovely photograph, its every little girls dream to dress up, and what a joyous grandma you are.

I save any nice paper bags, the ones with string handles, and use them for Christmas with a bit of tissue paper. Either I reuse, or the recipient does. Wrapping presents is a doddle.
Mind you, I used to do giftwrapping as part of the service when I worked in retail. I got very good at quick neat wrapping on a small surface.

Latest posts

Back